Murdoch17

Classic Space car (early 1950-something style) - real world MOC

(MODS: I just thought it would be easier to see the car in a forum where it would be more in-tune with it's origins... I.E. a town-based car. If you need to move it, go ahead,I just thought it would fit here best.)

Inspired by this recent @hachiroku build here, I have completed this new early 1950's car for Benny, who seems pretty happy with it.

50312671406_8d66a4d6b3_z.jpg

It will go nicely with my very '50's retro-looking Astrotrain (see it here in Train Tech), of which the final parts for have arrived... but that won't be built until late December. (It's a Christmas present from my family, so I have to wait.)

50312844967_9e98cfcceb_z.jpg

The rear has a license plate, the classic space logo, and two coverings partially obscuring the rear wheels.

50312002993_964aee34e3_z.jpg

The roof is held on by four studs, and is as such removable. The two doors open, but the obligatory space seat is missing, because any more height and Benny would not fit inside. As a courtesy to the driver instead, I have included a light bluish gray upholstery for the back of the seat.

50312671426_6c6e4fe456_z.jpg

This is a comparison picture between Bob's 1960's sports car and Benny's classy 1950's automobile (More of which you can see in my Classic Space topic, and in my Nexus Force thread, both of which are in the sci-fi forum)

Well, what do you think?