Robert8

Looney Tunes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

It's been nearly a quarter century since Lola was introduced, and I presume (though I don't know, since Baby Looney Tunes is my own most recent experience) that she continues to feature in Looney Tunes material. For today's kids, the target audience, whether or not she was around in the Golden Era is likely immaterial. 

That makes me feel old. My childhood memories of them were the old ones repeated a lot until Animaniacs turned up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

It's been nearly a quarter century since Lola was introduced, [...]

... Gah, now this makes me feel old... I clearly remember seeing Lola in Space Jam movie when it came out in 1996. It will be 1st Quarter of Century this November. 

I would be fine with Lola because there were not a lot of female characters in classical Looney Tunes tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

That makes me feel old. My childhood memories of them were the old ones repeated a lot until Animaniacs turned up.

I don't think I ever even saw the Animaniacs, they were before my time altogether. Growing up, there was normally a half-hour Looney Tunes on every day, but 90% of the time it seemed to be Bugs, Daffy or Sylvester, and maybe a Roadrunner excerpt. Half of the characters I know more from the Boomerang idents than from actually watching Looney Tunes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

I don't think I ever even saw the Animaniacs, they were before my time altogether. Growing up, there was normally a half-hour Looney Tunes on every day, but 90% of the time it seemed to be Bugs, Daffy or Sylvester, and maybe a Roadrunner excerpt. Half of the characters I know more from the Boomerang idents than from actually watching Looney Tunes!

Animainacs recently began airing new shows on Hulu. It's a resurrection of the original series, not a reboot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Animainacs recently began airing new shows on Hulu. It's a resurrection of the original series, not a reboot.

What platform would it be in the UK? We don't get Hulu here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

What platform would it be in the UK? We don't get Hulu here. 

For the original series, you can buy each season on Amazon UK. AppleTV has the original season one. For the new series, there's a reddit page that claims it comes with the paid for Kids Pack on NowTV, but it may only be season 2. Another poster on that thread says it's on Sky on demand, which is apparently the same company. That's probably the best route to look for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Another poster on that thread says it's on Sky on demand, which is apparently the same company. That's probably the best route to look for it.

I'll give that a go then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we sure the reveal date is actually April 1st ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Are we sure the reveal date is actually April 1st ?

 

 

Just checked the catalog and its says May. Unless you mean picture reveals, then idk where that info is from but from what I know there are rarely ever confirmed release days for official images

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Are we sure the reveal date is actually April 1st ?

It's the best day of the year to reveal a new product. If the fans don't like it? "Surprise, April Fool!"

(And then overtime to redesign the product at lightning speed.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Are we sure the reveal date is actually April 1st 

I don’t know where you get that info from but I may not hold breath for that. Did Series 21 get revealed two weeks before the release date (Jan 1st), right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2021 at 2:25 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I don’t know where you get that info from but I may not hold breath for that. Did Series 21 get revealed two weeks before the release date (Jan 1st), right? 

Brickset's S21 reveal article is dated Dec 1st, so there is a possibility we might see something April 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

even though i prefer elmer in his hunter gear would't it be awesome if he came in his viking garb from probably the greatest looney tune short ever whats opera doc

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, admiral_typhoon said:

Brickset's S21 reveal article is dated Dec 1st, so there is a possibility we might see something April 1st.

Ahh, you are probably right about April 1st. We will see about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well likely we all have the green frog piece that has come in many sets if so

then we already have out first looney tunes character michigan j frog from the classic one froggy evening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sad that there isn’t a set to go along with these figures. An ACME factory or Coyote trap set would be great to play with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, doclord said:

I’m sad that there isn’t a set to go along with these figures. An ACME factory or Coyote trap set would be great to play with.

Never say never. After all, if memory serves we got the first Simpsons CMF a little bit before the first Simpsons set - presumably as a way to use the CMF budget to make the necessary moulds for the set.

Perhaps there'll be a Looney Tunes set next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

we got the first Simpsons CMF a little bit before the first Simpsons set

If I remember well, The Simpsons House came out first, in February 2014 and the CMF three months after, in May 2014. I remember we had the weird eyes before the normal ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, notpennysboat said:

If I remember well, The Simpsons House came out first, in February 2014 and the CMF three months after, in May 2014. I remember we had the weird eyes before the normal ones.

I'll defer to your memory. At the time I was halfway to entering my Dark Ages and only partially aware of the world of Lego. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

even though i prefer elmer in his hunter gear would't it be awesome if he came in his viking garb from probably the greatest looney tune short ever whats opera doc

That's where you're wrong, as obviously the greatest LT is "Bully for Bugs" :grin:  That being said, I wouldn't mind a Bugs variant, and Brunhilda is definitely up there as one of the most iconic choices (just like matador Bugs). That's a good material for a second CMF, let's hope the first series is successful enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Some thoughts:

• edit: Marvin comes with printed white shoes! Curious to see his new cloth or moulded skirt piece

• If we get Road Runner I hope he’s not a figure, he should be an animal mould at best.

• Tweety and Speedy Gonzales can come as animal moulds the way the Simpsons Series 2 had the new dog and cat mould with Lisa and Maggie. If they are small or midsized figures that would be extremely disappointing and over-scaled

• I’ve recently read about Pepé Le Pew’s controversy as a character and how his entire shtick was inappropriate. Unsure if we will see him assuming TLG chose to skip the figure to avoid potential criticism. I’ll admit I’m unfamiliar with how long said character has been criticized for being inappropriate.

• Here’s who I’m pretty sure we’ll see

•  (1) Porky Pig (duh)

•  (2) Marvin the Martian (duh)

• (3) Bugs Bunny (unconfirmed but I mean c’mon)

• (4) Daffy Duck (I could see him reusing the duck tail piece from the Disney CMF if they’re allowed to)

•  (5) Sylvester (I could see him using the Fox tail from Chima or getting a new tail mould that droops)

•  (6) Elmer Fudd (using the musket from the Revolutionary Soldier Series 10 figure)

• (7) Tazmanian Devil (poseable mid sized legs)

• (8) Granny (by nature of how few girl characters exist but also she’s played a substantial role in Baby Looney Tunes and more recent cartoons) - comes with Tweetie

• (9) Lola (she may be newer but absolutely marketed heavily in recent years as well as having debuted in a pretty big film)

• (10) Wile E Coyote  - with a roadrunner animal mould. His head would be the only new piece but it could be a mask type mould.

• (11) Yosemite Sam - 2 pistols and small legs

• (12) Foghorn Leg Horn - kind of want an over the torso mould like the Yeti to give him a belly. He shouldn’t just be taller but I hope they get his weight through he should look “bigger” than the other figs.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by cosmic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see Foghorn getting a piece like Big Bird from the Sesame Street set where it has a molded head that also extends down over the torso to make a belly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Promobricks have posted a picture of their sigfig (?) with Marvin‘s head on IG... So they‘re either teasing an upcoming reveal or proudly showing off the stolen goods they‘ve bought :head_back:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 5:01 AM, cosmic said:

• (8) Granny (by nature of how few girl characters exist but also she’s played a substantial role in Baby Looney Tunes and more recent cartoons) - comes with Tweetie

• (10) Wile E Coyote  - with a roadrunner animal mould. His head would be the only new piece but it could be a mask type mould.

 

That would be great but I don't think we'll get two characters in one bag.

I remember it was impossible with Disney licence (like Aladdin+Abu or Ariel+Flounder).

On the other hand, it happened with The Simpsons licence, we had Lisa+Snowball II and Maggie+Santa's little helper but it's not comparable with characters like Wile E Coyote and Roadrunner or Tweetie and Granny so I would be really surprised if we get two characters in one bag.

I thought about two Tweetie in one bag : one in regular size and a little one but it's just an expectation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't stand the thought of Roadrunner being in minifigure form, it'll just look odd at best, but most likely awful. Tweety might look decent, in one short - Hyde and Go Tweet - they made him big, but it's very doubtful Lego would go with this one-off version. The only "out of scale" character I'd be okay with is Speedy, due to his already humanoid proportions.

It's hard to predict, with Disney CMF it was Disney themselves who enforced the "one character in a pack" rule, but we just don't know if WB did the same and for now we can only hope they didn't. Luckily the series is only a month away, with an official reveal probably within 3 weeks. The wait is killing me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.