Robert8

Looney Tunes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Question is how random the random six packs are.  It would be a bummer to order two six packs and get two identical "random" sets of six.

Something happened on Saturday

Today my friend told me that on Saturday he went to the LEGO shop and asked when the Looney Tunes CMF would release. The worker said that the CMF should release on Monday and the set should release on Friday. SET!. Is this true? He wasn't lying but maybe the guy who worked there was but why would he lie to him about that?

2 hours ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

Today my friend told me that on Saturday he went to the LEGO shop and asked when the Looney Tunes CMF would release. The worker said that the CMF should release on Monday and the set should release on Friday. SET!. Is this true? He wasn't lying but maybe the guy who worked there was but why would he lie to him about that?

Maybe he was referring to the 6 pack bundle? i’d love a set but we’ve heard nothing from any reputable sources and this sounds like a comment about a product that has been in production. I’d be happy for a set but doubt it will happen. At least this soon. I assume the theme would sell well but Scooby Doo only lasted one wave so who knows. Hopefully if we do get sets we cover both classic and modern stuff. I’d love Tina Russo, and Petunia Pig in their modern depictions, but I guess that could happen in a second cmf series. 

3 hours ago, gryffindorbrickkid said:

I don’t know anything about that set. But if that worker lying to your friend, it’s against work ethics code.

10 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I don’t know anything about that set. But if that worker lying to your friend, it’s against work ethics code.

Doubt an employee would lie just for giggles.  I bet just a simple misunderstanding between the two about what constitutes a "set."  Customer in question seems to assume "set" equals a complete group of 12 while employee likely knows "set" consists of random group of six; and assumes customer is aware of same.

Have my complete set now... and wow... they look so incredibly much better in real life.  Taz and coyote are among my favourite minifigures of all time. These characters work so well as figures.

The only things I don't like about the series

- Tweety: should be a little mould to match Silvester. He also looks odd as a Minifigure. The Hammer is a weak build. At least they could have given him brown technic pins to make it slightly less bad.

- Petunia: odd choice. There are mich more Iconic and popular characters to choose from.

- Road runner: 3 new moulds and it doesn't look too good. They should have made him a single mould or - if he really needs to be a minifig- have given him a mould like Big Bird from Seasame Street had. 

2 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Have my complete set now... and wow... they look so incredibly much better in real life.  Taz and coyote are among my favourite minifigures of all time. These characters work so well as figures.

The only things I don't like about the series

- Tweety: should be a little mould to match Silvester. He also looks odd as a Minifigure. The Hammer is a weak build. At least they could have given him brown technic pins to make it slightly less bad.

- Petunia: odd choice. There are mich more Iconic and popular characters to choose from.

- Road runner: 3 new moulds and it doesn't look too good. They should have made him a single mould or - if he really needs to be a minifig- have given him a mould like Big Bird from Seasame Street had. 

I agree Tweety is overscaled and should have been a small accessory like Ducky was in the Toy Story 4 line. 

I once thought Petunia was an odd choice butI somewhat wanted obscure characters to be included. If anything what makes her really stick out is she’s the only non mainstream character. Speedy is also not as big as the rest but even he is a fairly household name among certain age groups. I think if at least one more figure had been included in that C-Tier than she wouldn’t stick out so much. But imagine they wasted all the big characters in the first series? I’m personally really excited that Series 2 will include Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam and Grandma. If Simpsons got a second series I think Looney Tunes probably will as well. And we have a good amount of prominent characters that have yet to be made. I actually hope we get a second Petunia, based on her modern depictions (kind of Punk piggie).

3 new moulds? I think he only has 2. Funny Road Runner is actually the figure I came to appreciate the most as I also thought he shouldn’t have been a figure. But unlike Tweety he grew on me.

Picked up a full set of 12 of these from the local LEGO Certified Store (Robina in Queensland, Australia) and they look really good.

11 hours ago, cosmic said:

I agree Tweety is overscaled and should have been a small accessory like Ducky was in the Toy Story 4 line. 

I once thought Petunia was an odd choice butI somewhat wanted obscure characters to be included. If anything what makes her really stick out is she’s the only non mainstream character. Speedy is also not as big as the rest but even he is a fairly household name among certain age groups. I think if at least one more figure had been included in that C-Tier than she wouldn’t stick out so much. But imagine they wasted all the big characters in the first series? I’m personally really excited that Series 2 will include Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam and Grandma. If Simpsons got a second series I think Looney Tunes probably will as well. And we have a good amount of prominent characters that have yet to be made. I actually hope we get a second Petunia, based on her modern depictions (kind of Punk piggie).

3 new moulds? I think he only has 2. Funny Road Runner is actually the figure I came to appreciate the most as I also thought he shouldn’t have been a figure. But unlike Tweety he grew on me.

I think I'll try to do him as a 3d printed part.

Fair point :) Personally I always worry to not get characters at all, if they aren't included. Principal Skinner, Eowyn, Witch King, Faramir... there are many Characters Lego keept back for future releases and and then finished the theme.^^'

Road runner has indeed 3 pieces: tail, head and the feathers on his head. The final result is still dissapointing sadly.

The two pigs show again how well the medium legs would work for many cartoon characters. I think Mickey, Donald and so on would look so much better with them. Sadly 3rd party custom print can't print on the top of minifigure feet, so I can't fix uncle Scroodge :/

Found them today & grabbed a few. I love them but the molded heads still feel very odd to me. Just very un-LEGO like. They are fantastic though. 

I’m gonna spoiler this in case there’s others who haven’t seen review yet 

Spoiler

I was pleasantly surprised to see Marvin’s helmet is separate. I figured it would be a single molded piece. Maybe it was obvious from pictures, but I didn’t give them a good, hard look  

I don’t know if this has already been mentioned (apologies if it has) or if it affects others, but be really careful when opening these packs especially if you think you have Speedy Gonzales.

I received one in a sealed pack that I ordered online. As usual with CMFs, I gave it a good shake before opening it to ensure everything had settled at the bottom of the packet and therefore wouldn’t  be damaged when I cut the top. Well, Speedy’s tail was wedged into the top middle, maybe even trapped in the top seam of the packet... and I cut right through it. Aaargh! :damn:

Fortunately, I had seen this series at a nearby Sainsbury’s earlier today, rushed back over there and managed to feel out a replacement. The tail was once again wedged into the top middle, but this time I was ultra cautious and managed to extricate it without damaging it. Yay! :excited:

So if you think you have Speedy - and you should be able to tell tactilely thanks to the sombrero and cheese slopes - take extra care when opening the packet.

Edited by AmperZand
Reason for edit: typo

17 hours ago, AmperZand said:

I don’t know if this has already been mentioned (apologies if it has) or if it affects others, but be really careful when opening these packs especially if you think you have Speedy Gonzales.

I received one in a sealed pack that I ordered online. As usual with CMFs, I gave it a good shake before opening it to ensure everything had settled at the bottom of the packet and therefore wouldn’t  be damaged when I cut the top. Well, Speedo’s tail was wedged into the top middle, maybe even trapped in the top seam of the packet... and I cut right through it. Aaargh! :damn:

Fortunately, I had seen this series at a nearby Sainsbury’s earlier today, rushed back over there and managed to feel out a replacement. The tail was once again wedged into the top middle, but this time I was ultra cautious and managed to extricate it without damaging it. Yay! :excited:

So if you think you have Speedy - and you should be able to tell tactilely thanks to the sombrero and cheese slopes - take extra care when opening the packet.

Thanks for the warning. Personally, I give the packet a snip at the top part that has nothing inside (the area that is completely "glued"). I then just rip the packet using that snip, into the rest of the bag. That way I never risk cutting through capes or other pieces.

Edited by BrickHat

Not that anyone have a reason to care but here are my thoughts after picking up a complete set (not a box, just a complete set). :laugh:

What's good is great, what's meh is meh and what's not good is... Not very good.

Moulded heads, and helmet in Marvin's case, all look fantastic (inner child absolutely squeed seeing Bugs and Daffy assembled next to each other), definite plus that they all have at least toe printing for the legs. Porky's, Speedy's and Daffy's accessories are standout imo.

Meh is a bit more nit picky: Bugs could've had a "Duck Season" sign as well (and a tail piece, why is it halfway up his torso?), Petunia Pig is really nice but a curious inclusion (gender ratio, I know, and a minifig style Granny would probably look very out of place, Marvin could've had an alternate angry expression, Lola could've had an actual basketball piece, *insert "We could've had this character instead of this" of choice*, etc. etc.

The not good though is just... Lego being Lego, I guess, but for a CMF? Porky's torso is ridiculously washed out (how is white-on-black Sylvester crisper?) with an annoyingly thin blue line at the waist, Speedy's tail piece leaves him with a showing midriff (they could've managed it white, did it with Scrooge) and while neither his nor Tweety's proportions bother me that much, Road Runner is just... It's just wrong to look at, it feels Frankenstein-esque; less like a representation of the character and more like they just stuck the right pieces (head, wings, tail) onto a minifig torso and legs. Just... No.

Biased as can be, grew up loving Looney Tunes, so probably a bit more forgiving than I should be.All in all, I'm really hoping for a Series 2 though; got a Marvin the Martian who needs a Duck Dodgers to fight. :moar:

On April 26, i ordered Looney Tunes - Pack 6. Later, I got the notification that it was shipped. I viewed my order and I noticed that Looney Tunes - Pack 6 is CANCELLED. However, Lego did ship Looney Tunes (six bags). I was little puzzled at that thing.

and now, I am under impression. I got 3 duplicated Petunias and 3 duplicated Tazs....

Toys R Us stores in Canada are getting cases of 72 units. They look like regular brown lego boxes with loose figures inside. They don’t seem to be receiving the traditional display cases of 36. Is this true elsewhere in the world?

37 minutes ago, thatblockoguy said:

Toys R Us stores in Canada are getting cases of 72 units. They look like regular brown lego boxes with loose figures inside. They don’t seem to be receiving the traditional display cases of 36. Is this true elsewhere in the world?

Minifiguremaddness have the same problem, they’ve received loose bags instead of display cases :shrug_oh_well: Maybe some production issues with the larger cases? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a 72 case anywhere on the Internet

3 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

Kinda bizarre to acknowledge that there’s no D2C Looney Tunes set to coincide with this CMF.

Not really. TLBM had two CMF series but only one D2C set, last year's DC series didn't have a coinciding D2C set and neither will the upcoming Disney + Marvel series :classic: 

On 5/16/2021 at 11:06 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not really. TLBM had two CMF series but only one D2C set, last year's DC series didn't have a coinciding D2C set and neither will the upcoming Disney + Marvel series :classic: 

I thought 71026 was supposed to have a coinciding D2C set back when we were getting leaks on it.

My box got 3 completed sets, I was worried after a few got only 2 sets.  Anyway, I kinda like it.  I know scale is a bit off for some characters but I have to admit on its own they are good.  And love the cheese slope piece!  Just wonder if it's only NZ has delayed release outside LEGO stores?  All local retailers only received their stock in late May ... hmm

I got Bugs Bunny, Taz, Porky Pig, Petunia Pig, Sylvester, Daffy Duck. And I love them! I will collect a few more. 

Also, I got some Road Runner and Tweety minifigures. To be honest, I don’t like them much. So I sold them.

Lego should do Road Runner Berger like a flamingo from Series 19’s Gardender… Road Runner is just terrible and awkward to see. 

And Tweety should be an accessory for Sylvester. I’m hoping Granny would come up with a micro figure Tweety but it may be unlikely. 

Anyways, I’m looking forward to see another Looney Tunes series in future if it’s possible. 

Anyone else feel like this series had a super short life span? Maybe I just wasn’t paying attention but this series came and went it would seem. I never got an opportunity to see it in stores or get any. Wish this stuck around longer from what i was told by a Lego employee these sold extremely well.