•  (5) Sylvester 

•  (6) Elmer Fudd 

• (7) Tazmanian Devil 

• (8) Granny

• (9) Lola 

• (10) Wile E Coyote  

• (11) Yosemite Sam 

• (12) Foghorn Leg Horn

So I guessed 8 out of the 12 correctly! Honestly have mixed feelings on the figures. For the most part I like them, I do think Sylvester has a really large head and some of the figures look a little out of scale. Tweety for example i really did not want to see be done as a figure and looks ridiculous, its a design I can’t really appreciate. That said I plan on completing the entire series. Speedy’s face print has me anxious, the line where his hear and hat meet looks cheaply done. All of the figures have a print that both calls back to the old style of animation of the classic looney tunes but also looks like it can easily be chipped off. Don’t get me wrong I love the figures but the black lines on the eyes and detailing looks a bit iffy and takes some getting used to. As for the 4 figures I got wrong, 2 (Tweetie and Road Runner) I expected to see as smaller moulds and not be made figures, but came out decent enough. Petunia and Speedy came out of nowhere I expected both to be made in a potential series 2. That being said enough designs are missing that I think a second series is do-able.

here’s my series 2 wishlist

1. Bugs Bunny - either a magicians suit or a bathing suit. Both would be outfits he’s worn at different points of his animation history

2. Lola Bunny - Based on the Looney Tunes Cartoon from 2020, mould could be reused or she could have a new mould closer to the cartoons style of animation as this figure is really a space jam figure.

3. Foghorn Leghorn - head/belly mould

4. Yosemite Sam - new head mould + 2 pistols

5. Granny 

6. Green Loontern if the license allows for it

7. Tina Russo - again based mostly off the new cartoon

8. Elmer Fudd -Petunia took what I expected to be his spot but it leaves the second series with figures to be desired so not that mad

9. Witch Hazel

10. Gossamer

11. Pepe Le Pew - assuming they’re willing to do it

12. Petunia Pig - either white and green polka dotted dress, or her blue dress

On 4/3/2021 at 7:23 PM, Takanuinuva said:

Why not someone more well known. Like Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam, Or Heck Elmer Fudd!

I’ll bet it’s because they needed a few female characters. To me, neither of those two are iconic & stand out, in the wrong way, among the others. 

4 hours ago, Lord Insanity said:

I'm pretty sure the original intent was mocking (not supporting) that stereotype by taking to the extreme.  I mean I can only speak to the cartoons I have seen, but I would bet that the Academy award winning cartoon For Scent-imental Reasons is probably Pepé Le Pew's most well know short.  The human French man in that short reacted to Pepé the same way everyone else did.  As far as chasing Penelope, that short ends with her falling in a barrel of water and Pepé falling in a bucket of paint.  She winds up looking like a drowned rat and Pepé no longer looks like a skunk nor has his telltale "stink".  She then proceeds to chase him the way he had been chasing her while he runs away.  It is over the top ridiculous on purpose.  No sane person was ever meant to think they were being serious.

I mean we got mini-figures of Darth Vader and Voldemort not to mention Mola Ram from Indiana Jones and a Demogorgon from Stranger Things.  The idea that Elmer, Sam and Pepé are somehow inappropriate is flat out absurd.

*round of applause*

The accessories are pretty weak here. The signs are fun but aren’t anything special like CMF series are supposed to be. I do like the series a lot though. 

Edited by Vindicare

8 hours ago, Lord Insanity said:

So the VHS cartoon set I watched growing up had all three of the original Petunia Pig cartoons.  Apparently that gave me a bit of a distorted perception of how well known and used the character was.  :shrug_oh_well:

I'm pretty sure the original intent was mocking (not supporting) that stereotype by taking to the extreme.  I mean I can only speak to the cartoons I have seen, but I would bet that the Academy award winning cartoon For Scent-imental Reasons is probably Pepé Le Pew's most well know short.  The human French man in that short reacted to Pepé the same way everyone else did.  As far as chasing Penelope, that short ends with her falling in a barrel of water and Pepé falling in a bucket of paint.  She winds up looking like a drowned rat and Pepé no longer looks like a skunk nor has his telltale "stink".  She then proceeds to chase him the way he had been chasing her while he runs away.  It is over the top ridiculous on purpose.  No sane person was ever meant to think they were being serious.

I mean we got mini-figures of Darth Vader and Voldemort not to mention Mola Ram from Indiana Jones and a Demogorgon from Stranger Things.  The idea that Elmer, Sam and Pepé are somehow inappropriate is flat out absurd.

No worries. You’re on point about the satire though. The whole thing is a satire of different characters, but we’ve morphed into a world where you’re not allowed to take the mick out of deserving subjects because you might be perpetuating the bad part of the stereotype :facepalm:

On 4/6/2021 at 7:28 AM, Vindicare said:

I’ll bet it’s because they needed a few female characters. To me, neither of those two are iconic & stand out, in the wrong way, among the others. 

The accessories are pretty weak here. The signs are fun but aren’t anything special like CMF series are supposed to be. I do like the series a lot though. 

Lola is definitely iconic and a lot of people’s favourite modern Loony Tunes character! Petunia I agree with but they had to use a distaff counterpart, Penelope Pussycat or the goose with glasses if they wanted an animal. :P 

The Vidiyo series also had really bad accessories with most being reused pieces. I hope this isn’t going to turn into a trend. :pir-hmpf_bad:

31 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

The Vidiyo series also had really bad accessories with most being reused pieces. I hope this isn’t going to turn into a trend. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Why would it? Accessories are there to help sell the regular CMF minifigs because in some cases, the accessories are more interesting than the figure itself (e.g. whenever a new animal mould is introduced). Licensed CMFs are a different story, here the character itself is what sells it. In these cases, the accessories are just a bonus, and sometimes they’re even completely absent like in a couple of figures from Disney S1 :laugh:

It’s also a budgetary issue. Licensed characters, especially cartoony ones, tend to require new moulds for their heads or hair pieces, leaving less budget for accessories. Vidiyo’s characters aren’t licensed, but a lot of them feature complex head moulds, which explains why their accessories aren’t that special, for the most part :classic:

Since everyone's talking about series 2, I guess I'll post my prediction list:

1. Bugs Bunny (Toon Squad jersey or a drag outfit)
2. Daffy Duck (Duck Dodgers)
3. Porky Pig (Space Cadet)
4. Elmer Fudd
5. Yosemite Sam
6. Foghorn Leghorn
7. Granny
8. Witch Hazel
9. Gossamer
10. Tina Russo

For the last 2 slots I'd ideally want Penelope Pussycat and Pepe Le Pew (if the so-called "controversy" quiets down :ugh:), but if TLG is set on not including them, then these slots could be taken by 2 out of these: Barnyard Dawg, Pete Puma or Michigan J. Frog 

1 hour ago, Tygurah said:

4. Elmer Fudd
5. Yosemite Sam
6. Foghorn Leghorn
7. Granny
8. Witch Hazel
9. Gossamer
10. Tina Russo

For the last 2 slots I'd ideally want Penelope Pussycat and Pepe Le Pew (if the so-called "controversy" quiets down :ugh:), but if TLG is set on not including them, then these slots could be taken by 2 out of these: Barnyard Dawg, Pete Puma or Michigan J. Frog 

If Granny has Tweety as accessory, it would be great.

And I like your prediction!

5 hours ago, steyin said:

Already looking forward to a series 2 of these.

Even tho it’s too early to discuss, I \when we would have Series 2? 

For eample, we have Harry Potter Siers 1 in 2018 and Series 2 in 2020. Disney Series 1 in 2016 and Series 2 in 2019.

So I may be wrong but Harry Potter Series 3 and Harry Potter Series 3 would be in 2022 with regular Seires 22? I guess 2023 would have Looney Tunes Series 2. Of course, it’s my pure predicament, tho.

Guys LEGO just posted a teaser for a new CMF i'm so excited! what could it be? Its not like everyones seen the image and even youtubers have covered because they put them out in stores or something...hahahaha

Can someone who has these CMFs please tell me what colour Speedy Gonzales’s face, hands, feet and tail are? Are they BrickLink colour Medium Nougat, Dark Nougat or something else? I’ve been trying to figure it out from pictures and videos online but it’s hard to tell.

On 4/8/2021 at 4:57 PM, Tygurah said:

4. Elmer Fudd
5. Yosemite Sam
6. Foghorn Leghorn
7. Granny
8. Witch Hazel
9. Gossamer
10. Tina Russo

Love this list! Mine had some overlap but I love the idea of Space Cadet Porky Pig and that would give even more context to a new Petunia considering the cmf leaflet for series 1 seemingly has them all in pairs. Sylvester with Tweety. Lola with Bugs. Petunia with Porky. Wil E with Road Runner, Taz with Martian. That is such a fun design for Porky. Hector the Bulldog is my strongest alternate if Pepe can’t be made. 

small note if Lola is made for the 2020 cartoon they can give that style of animation on her face and her white tuff will be a light peach (on her face/cheeks). 

On 4/8/2021 at 6:35 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

If Granny has Tweety as accessory, it would be great.

And I like your prediction!

Even tho it’s too early to discuss, I \when we would have Series 2? 

For eample, we have Harry Potter Siers 1 in 2018 and Series 2 in 2020. Disney Series 1 in 2016 and Series 2 in 2019.

So I may be wrong but Harry Potter Series 3 and Harry Potter Series 3 would be in 2022 with regular Seires 22? I guess 2023 would have Looney Tunes Series 2. Of course, it’s my pure predicament, tho.

I agree, I wanted Tweety being done exactly like Ducky from Toy Story 4. Able to sit on a single stud. I think some will be glad he’s a figure but I’d love for him to be made both ways and come in a new cage mould with Granny. Also I think the following year is usually empty as you’ve seen there’s at least one usually a few years gaps between licensed series and their second series so not for the next 2-3 years I think Series 2 will take us by surprise.

Edited by cosmic

The full case I opened contained three sets. Not sure if anyone’s opened a full case to confirm the same.

3 hours ago, toydad2 said:

The full case I opened contained three sets. Not sure if anyone’s opened a full case to confirm the same.

When LEGO first moved to 12 I thought they officially announced that they are now always doing three full sets and not creating any rarity anymore? So, every case of 36 should contain three sets.

Overall, I think this might be the first Minifigure series that I skip in its entirety (purposefully - Covid made me skip s20 though there's always BL). I feel nothing for having these characters LEGO-fied, and there are no components enticing me from a customisation sense. Money saved for other things, I suppose!

20 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Overall, I think this might be the first Minifigure series that I skip in its entirety (purposefully - Covid made me skip s20 though there's always BL). I feel nothing for having these characters LEGO-fied, and there are no components enticing me from a customisation sense. Money saved for other things, I suppose!

I agree with this tbh. I was never really exposed to Loony Tunes as a kid so have no nostalgic value here. Although I am absolutely going to be picking up a few for those new mid-leg and dual mould colours.

Loony Tunes definitely feels like a brand that's a lot more prominent in America than other places. I wonder how this series will sell in other countries.

I've been out of the CMF game for about two years now, I think the most recent ones I bought were the classic Mickey and Minnie from Disney S2 (although in hindsight I do regret not grabbing the Johnny Thunder lookalike from series 19).  Most of the licensed ones just didn't appeal to me (still holding out hope for a Star Wars one, though!), and some of the un-licensed figure choices are cool, but I'd rather just save the money, none are "must-haves."  

I've got mixed feelings on this one, I think.  I think the figures look really great, they're clearly Lego to me (sometimes the super specialized molds look more like clone brands or action figures with minifigure bodies), but I've never been huge on Looney Tunes.  I think my favorites are Speedy Gonzalez and the Roadrunner.  If nothing else, I'll maybe get the Roadrunner because I love the car, and the character was sort of a part of the iconography for it.

Hey folks. I just saw Looney Tunes Series on Lego Shop website. It will be released on April 26 in USA. It’s $4.99 (of course we already know the price tho). 

I’m too excited to collect Bugs, Daffy, Sylvester, Willie, Marin, Porky, Lola, and a few more! 

Well today I found the mini-figures at a local Walmart. I did found Mr. Coyote but I am wondering if the Road Runner got short change. The box looked like it was put out a day or two. I guess someone will have to tell me if I am wrong here. 

On 4/11/2021 at 3:32 AM, Clone OPatra said:

When LEGO first moved to 12 I thought they officially announced that they are now always doing three full sets and not creating any rarity anymore? So, every case of 36 should contain three sets.

An official announcement?! Are you sure it wasn’t just fan speculation? If it was official that would significantly lessen L?eGO ever increasing the number from 12 or increasing rarity for a series to sell better again.  

47 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

An official announcement?! Are you sure it wasn’t just fan speculation? If it was official that would significantly lessen L?eGO ever increasing the number from 12 or increasing rarity for a series to sell better again.  

I feel sure I read it in an interview with the Minifigures team but I'd have to go digging to find it. I'll see why I can turn up.

EDIT: yes embedded within this article:

https://www.brickfanatics.com/why-are-lego-collectible-minifigures-down-from-16-to-12/

Of course they can always decide to change again, but from their statements at the time of Series 21 they came down pretty firmly on 12 figures and three equal sets.

On 4/10/2021 at 11:31 PM, toydad2 said:

Ours had six #11s (Petunia) and no #12s (Porky).

I believe a lot of people have been getting screwed over with box assortments like this. There will be quite a few disappointed collectors out there.

Edited by Strontium Dog

Apparently Lego Shop@Home has an option where you can order six different Looney Tunes packs: https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/looney-tunes-6-pack-66667

It seems like you’re guaranteed not to get any duplicates, as the description specifies “This pack includes 6 different buildable characters from a series of 12”. I think I’ll try this out when I make my May the 4th order, see which ones I end up getting, and then try to find the other ones at my local Target.

Edited by The Stud

6 hours ago, The Stud said:

Apparently Lego Shop@Home has an option where you can order six different Looney Tunes packs: https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/looney-tunes-6-pack-66667

It seems like you’re guaranteed not to get any duplicates, as the description specifies “This pack includes 6 different buildable characters from a series of 12”. I think I’ll try this out when I make my May the 4th order, see which ones I end up getting, and then try to find the other ones at my local Target.

I was planning to order a few of these characters from Lego Shop tomorrow until I saw this post. I think I will try it too. 

8 hours ago, The Stud said:

They should start doing this with every cmf series. I’d love to be able to guarantee that I won’t get duplicates when buying blind packs online

Buuuut I thought they said even they didn't know what's inside the packets, and it's a surprise? Have they got a worker x-raying them now?

:sarcasm:

Okay, I just planned an order. I ordered Looney Tunes - 6 Pack. I will see how it goes. Right now, the status on Looney Tuens - 6 Pack say “Backorder accepted”, just FYI.