Robert8

Looney Tunes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, doclord said:

I think the biggest crime of this series is Wil E. Coyote having a very lame accessory. No ACME box or even an anvil PIECE?

He has a brick built anvil

And of all the characters to choose from. Why Petunia Pig? I don't even think she's used anymore these days.

Why not someone more well known. Like Foghorn Leghorn, Yosemite Sam, Or Heck Elmer Fudd!

Also Tweety should have been an accessory to Sylvester. They look weird as a larger figure

And is Bugs going to have a printed on tail? Don't they have a rabbit tail piece?

The figures look amazing!

Does anyone know if this series will have the complete box of 72 figures? (Just very curious. I know series 21 had complete box of 36, but I heard a rumor that 2021 CMFs will also have boxes of 72)

The person who bought a whole box on Instagram- Mythic Bricks has a YT vid where he shows off the figs and it is a box of 36.

55 minutes ago, Bobby Drake said:

The person who bought a whole box on Instagram- Mythic Bricks has a YT vid where he shows off the figs and it is a box of 36.

I heard a rumor from a long time ago that we’ll have the option to be boxes of 36 and 72. Wonder if that’s true

15 hours ago, williejm said:

Not far off my thoughts - but I’d suggest Lola and Wile E variants for the last two spots 

I would love to see a Lola in the original Space Jam outfit. Maybe even another character in it so you can make the whole tune squad

Petunia Pig has white printing on the top of her legs which isn't really visable from most angles. Weird that they would print that detail when it's almost completely covered by the skirt.
Those new Flesh-tone Mid-legs will be very useful for mid-size characters with skirts and the hip piece will finally allow us to make monochrome Light-Nougat figures!
It's a shame that so many figures have not a lot of detail on the prints but I guess they budgeted themselves out with all the new moulds.

Also, I would've preffered Donald's head to be a combination of a Bill piece and a Head piece like the Green Loontern and Howard the Duck from the Lego Superheroes games
=id16277~c34514~u1.jpgZuckERFo7EXp0p8czoLRhO2TGjuJkRF3og3wqImZ

Edited by Brick Cucumber

yosemite sam, elmer and pepe must have been there. Who knows petunia pig and even lola is not so important

I love how everyone has figured out what will or won't be in a second series while the first series isn't even out yet.

1 hour ago, Juve said:

yosemite sam, elmer and pepe must have been there. Who knows petu

They probably went safe because it was the first series. If this sells well they can create a series 2 with more “controversial” characters like Pepe and Elmer Fudd.

55 minutes ago, Bobby Drake said:

They probably went safe because it was the first series. If this sells well they can create a series 2 with more “controversial” characters like Pepe and Elmer Fudd.

Maybe. Still yosemite pepe or elmer are way more recognizable wouldnt you think.

I know it is too early to talk about series 2, but do you think it will have new version of some characters like we had for The Simpsons and Disney ? (El Barto, Simspon Sunday clothes and black and white Mickey and Minnie). If so, which ones ? Bugs and Daffy ?

2 hours ago, Maple said:

I love how everyone has figured out what will or won't be in a second series while the first series isn't even out yet.

If there’s a second series then I would suspect that they would go more for variants than new. Granted there are plenty of missing characters, but with some of the omissions being on a hit list they would have to reconsider. As cowboys have been in the CMF before, I can see Sam being made, and with a standard head. A holster belt mould would be a good addition. Duck Dodgers would be an obvious one, as much as the Loontern is on my list. Porky as Space Cadet is the only alternative I can think of for him. Granny with a standard head would work. Bugs in a dress would be a good callback, but I reckon that would be a bit of a hot potato. Elmer would really require a head mould and a hat mould, as would Hazel. Foghorn is a possibility. Gossamer would need a pretty big mould, and as has been seen from this series the moulds have come at the expense of everything else. Additional characters and any other alternates would be a stretch, so I’m not sure another series would happen.

By the time a potential second series arrives the public opinion might change on Pepe 🤷 Who knows. I'd also love to see Tina Russo taking one of the slots.

6 hours ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Petunia Pig has white printing on the top of her legs which isn't really visable from most angles. Weird that they would print that detail when it's almost completely covered by the skirt.

Porky Pig wears no trousers so it makes sense he has no print. Whereas Petunia wears a skirt and I guess they think it would be too controversial to have a official female minifigure without underwear. 

2 hours ago, Tygurah said:

By the time a potential second series arrives the public opinion might change on Pepe 🤷 Who knows. I'd also love to see Tina Russo taking one of the slots.

What about Melissa Duck? 

30 minutes ago, barneynedward said:

What about Melissa Duck

I guess... But I've loved Tina as a character so much that I'd rather see her.... :wub:

!Okay, I finally saw the image of Looney Tunes Series.

Now I am no interested in collecting Speedy, Road Runner, and Tweety. I really wish Tweety and Road Runner would be accessory for Granny (or Sylvester) and Willie E Coyote respectively. Road Runner is a big meh for me. And Speedy...well, it’s a full-size minifigure, which I will sip him. 

I’m kinda fine with Marvin’s cloth skirt but it’s a huge miss on it. 

I’m looking forward to collect Bugs, Daffy, Sylvester, Lola, Pork, Petunia, Marvin, Willie, Taz.

I totally understand it’s WAYYYY too early to discuss about Series 2. I would hope for Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Leghorn, Pepe Le Pew (Sure, due to that stupid controversy), Penelope Pussycat (with chance or not...), Yosemite Sam, Granny, Witch Hazel. Oh yeah, how about Monster Tweety? And that green bird-like alien? Or Taz’s female counterpart? 

4 hours ago, Tygurah said:

I'd also love to see Tina Russo taking one of the slots

I'd love that too, just not sure if Looney Tunes Show is that recognised (maybe, I don't have TV rankings memorised).

Pepe... After giving it some thought, I don't think Lego would ever make him. (I'd love to be proven wrong, though), not as long as they make these with kids in mind. I think it's about type of play Lego is promoting, and surely "relentless romantic pursuit" doesn't fit the type.

Regarding possibility of Elmer in potential second series, I'm kind of afraid that it's going to be his What's opera, doc? appearance, which would eliminate the need to give him a rifle. It would be awesome in itself, but at the same time suck so hard without having his original, hunter version

5 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

"relentless romantic pursuit"

This is the point exactly. Also the perpetuation of a xenophobic stereotype. The behavior is depicted as unwanted by the pursued in the cartoons, but the attitude is presented as if it is socially acceptable by the French.

1 hour ago, gedren_y said:

the attitude is presented as if it is socially acceptable by the French.

How so? If by that you mean nobody is trying to stop him, that's because... there's nobody around to stop him. Almost every episode shows multiple people and creatures flee immediately upon his sight, often warning others as well.

11 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

How so? If by that you mean nobody is trying to stop him, that's because... there's nobody around to stop him. Almost every episode shows multiple people and creatures flee immediately upon his sight, often warning others as well.

Upon his sight? You mean upon his “smell”... I remember seeing bystanders not noticing skunk walk by until they smelled that stinky odor. 

38 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Upon his sight? You mean upon his “smell”... I remember seeing bystanders not noticing skunk walk by until they smelled that stinky odor. 

Yeah, that's a better word :grin:

3 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

Yeah, that's a better word :grin:

LOL, yup I know right? :D

On 4/3/2021 at 1:25 PM, RedHoodPug said:

Really? Petunia was in very few animations and did pretty much nothing for the best part of thirty years because she was a secondary character to Porky, and his popularity waned in the Forties. And even then she didn’t become a recurring character until another thirty years had passed. She’s had more attention in the last twenty years than in the previous sixty, by a significant margin. I don’t think you’d have to look too far to find people who could recognise Daisy before Petunia.

So the VHS cartoon set I watched growing up had all three of the original Petunia Pig cartoons.  Apparently that gave me a bit of a distorted perception of how well known and used the character was.  :shrug_oh_well:

19 hours ago, gedren_y said:

This is the point exactly. Also the perpetuation of a xenophobic stereotype. The behavior is depicted as unwanted by the pursued in the cartoons, but the attitude is presented as if it is socially acceptable by the French.

I'm pretty sure the original intent was mocking (not supporting) that stereotype by taking to the extreme.  I mean I can only speak to the cartoons I have seen, but I would bet that the Academy award winning cartoon For Scent-imental Reasons is probably Pepé Le Pew's most well know short.  The human French man in that short reacted to Pepé the same way everyone else did.  As far as chasing Penelope, that short ends with her falling in a barrel of water and Pepé falling in a bucket of paint.  She winds up looking like a drowned rat and Pepé no longer looks like a skunk nor has his telltale "stink".  She then proceeds to chase him the way he had been chasing her while he runs away.  It is over the top ridiculous on purpose.  No sane person was ever meant to think they were being serious.

I mean we got mini-figures of Darth Vader and Voldemort not to mention Mola Ram from Indiana Jones and a Demogorgon from Stranger Things.  The idea that Elmer, Sam and Pepé are somehow inappropriate is flat out absurd.