Robert8

Looney Tunes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

46 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

I don't get why they made Twetty as minifigure, he looks terrible

Honestly I think he turned out much better than I thought, there's definitely cuteness factor, the lack of neck seems to be working really well, maybe the exactly right size of head, two milimeters in either direction would make it weird, maybe the fact he's so casual about holding that huge hammer. I'm quite surprised with myself, I actually think he looks better than Marvin *huh* I don't know why but something doesn't sit right with him, and it's not just the lack of plastic skirt piece.

My ranking as of now, it might change when I get them next month:

1: Sylvester

2: Daffy

3: Porky

4: Taz

5: Wile E. Coyote, head is near perfect but I would add black line for his mouth, without it he looks like the 3D rendition which was in Looney Tunes Show

6: Bugs, lack of tail piece brings him down

7: Lola

8: Petunia, both girls are well done, just don't care too much for them.

9: Speedy, would be in top 3 with white printing on the tail, but it's very jarring as it is now.

10: Tweety

11: Marvin

1045: Roadrunner

4 hours ago, Lego David said:

Both Marvin and Road Runner have no printing on the torso whatsoever.

Road Runner's looks printed to me, there is a line above the waist.

30 minutes ago, MAB said:

Road Runner's looks printed to me, there is a line above the waist.

I think that is just the line of the tail piece. 

My wife wants them all *sigh* so i guess i’ll buy them all again

Tweety should have been micro-fig scale with Granny, but I guess this has more playability for kids. Looks more like a character from Itchy and Scratchy with that mallet, though...

Why does Speedy not have the mid-size legs? His big thing (besides being a dated stereotype) is running... so they've given him legs that can't move. Why?! They've already shown that they don't care about scale between characters.

I'm disappointed that Porky doesn't have a curly pigs tail piece. I thought it was guaranteed, if only so it could be re-used for Dudley Dursley in Harry Potter.

But the best bit, genuinely? Lego has finally put cheese printing on a "cheese" slope!

Only wanted RR and WEC, but the former is completely ruined. I may get anyway and see if I can surgically modify those ridiculous legs.

2 minutes ago, Felkin said:

But the best bit, genuinely? Lego has finally put cheese printing on a "cheese" slope!

Agree, I’d probably sell the fig itself just to get the cheese.

I expected to like these a bit more. But yeah, road runner is just bad (should have been a unique sculpt like animals), and the female characters are ones I literally forgot existed. But come to think of it I guess Looney Tunes has like zero good/memorable female characters (I wouldn't call the granny one people exactly want a toy of lol).

If only Wiley had a sign saying “What am I doing?” rather than an anvil. I know ideally he would have had Roadrunner as an animal mould, but given the fact that everyone has a new head mould it would be apparent that the budget for accessories was lower. On the strength of that, I’m not sure what people were expecting with Roadrunner. I think Taz could have benefited from a better whirlwind than a PDM’s plate. I get the need for balance but if they had to include a female character then Petunia wasn’t it for me.

In the cartoons, Road Runners legs are the same thickness as Wily E Coyote's legs, so lego has been consistent with them here.

I wonder if Lego is paying a per-character licensing fee. So making Roadrunner and Tweety accessories with other minifigs would mean they'd be paying the fees for 14 characters, but only selling 12.

Also, at some point I think they decided to only go with animal characters. Having only one minifigure who was human (e.g. just having Elmer, Yosemite, Granny, Witch Hazel) would probably seem weird.

20 minutes ago, tomorrowboy said:

Also, at some point I think they decided to only go with animal characters. Having only one minifigure who was human (e.g. just having Elmer, Yosemite, Granny, Witch Hazel) would probably seem weird.

If they were to make human characters, a problem would arise. Making specially molded heads would look inconsistent with other human minifigs, but using normal minifigure heads would look inconsistent with the other Looney Tunes characters.

26 minutes ago, Cocoa said:

If they were to make human characters, a problem would arise. Making specially molded heads would look inconsistent with other human minifigs, but using normal minifigure heads would look inconsistent with the other Looney Tunes characters.

Well, this is what happened with the Disney series, especially the Toy Story characters. Personally, I don't mind, and I think each character should be done in the best way for that specific character.

47 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Well, this is what happened with the Disney series, especially the Toy Story characters. Personally, I don't mind, and I think each character should be done in the best way for that specific character.

Yeah, didn’t like that either. I see these figs as a sort of a lego spin-off. No need to make them human like the usual minifigs. Just use the designs the cartoons gave ya. They didn’t include Elmer and Yosemite probably because of the guns, but they are such iconic figures. And you could have so much more fun playing with Daffy and Bugs when they are hunted on by Elmer. 
Of course i understand the choice of keeping them out of the 12, but i would have liked to see them as well

Even given the guns and such, someone like Foghorn Leghorn (who I dont think is controversial enough to keep them out) would have been better than an unknown character like Petunia.

33 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Even given the guns and such, someone like Foghorn Leghorn (who I dont think is controversial enough to keep them out) would have been better than an unknown character like Petunia.

I don’t think Foghorn was left out for any notable reason like Elmer or Pepe, more that he just didn’t make the cut.

47 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Lego strives to be fair and representative, so Petunia will likely have been added to dilute the mainly male environment. Seeing as they dismissed Elmer and Sam I would say that they dismissed Granny and Witch Hazel for the same reason, meaning they would have to go deeper to find female characters. As Pepe has been ostracised it stands to reason that Penelope has been too. I can’t think of one reason for Foghorn to be considered controversial, though.

Just now, Robert8 said:

These are $6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well not confirmed necessarily yet. The person who bought them according to brickset bought them from a independent store in California. Stores like this usually have mark ups so most likely it is $5 still 

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Lego strives to be fair and representative, so Petunia will likely have been added to dilute the mainly male environment. Seeing as they dismissed Elmer and Sam I would say that they dismissed Granny and Witch Hazel for the same reason, meaning they would have to go deeper to find female characters. As Pepe has been ostracised it stands to reason that Penelope has been too. I can’t think of one reason for Foghorn to be considered controversial, though.

As someone who mostly knows these characters from the more recent suburban Looney Tunes show of a few years ago, I’m pretty happy with this lineup.

Mostly, that is. Granny’s definitely going to be missed. And I agree that they should have done Foghorn. Very pleased to have Road Runner and Wil E. Coyote 

Come to think, it wouldn’t surprise me if this lineup was picked at least partly based on that show, since Bugs, Daffy, Lola and Porky are all major characters, Sylvester and Tweety pop up a lot and Taz is Bugs’ pet. I don’t remember ever seeing Petunia though, but then I didn’t see all the episodes.

I can see a logic behind excluding Foghorn Leghorn, as his longstanding speech pattern is a caricature of a Southern plantation owner.

13 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

I can see a logic behind excluding Foghorn Leghorn, as his longstanding speech pattern is a caricature of a Southern plantation owner.

Nope, he was based on a radio character who was a senator famed for the “I say” and “now listen here boy” vernacular, with a Texas rancher thrown in. Nothing plantation about it.

51 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

I don’t remember ever seeing Petunia though, but then I didn’t see all the episodes.

She’s been around since the 1930s, but it’s fair to say that she has had more work in the last few years than she did back then.

25 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Exactly it's satire.  People got to let stuff go and get on with things.  And as alluded above in other comments I don't think that guns have anything to do with characters not being in there.  These are obviously catered to an older audience.  There are guns used all over lego.  I mean Speedy has been canceled once brought back and they are trying to cancel him again.  Seriously people have got to let stuff go.  

I am fan of old school Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies cartoons from the 1930s and 1940s.  As Petunia Pig is arguably the most well known original era female character, I just assumed she was a given.  I am surprised so many have never heard of her.  That is like a Disney cartoon fan saying they never heard of Daisy Duck.  :wacko:

As for Speedy Gonzales; when ever some well meaning idiots suggest banning him because he is a stereotype, actual Hispanic rights groups routinely point out that he is the hero and is considered a positive portrayal.  :facepalm:

While I really wanted Elmer, Sam, and Foghorn I understand that they will want some desirable characters for a potential series 2.  A series 2 would give them an excuse to make variants like Duck Dodgers and Cadet Pig too.

I do like what characters they did make though.  Marvin was my number one must have.  He looks as good as I reasonably expected a mini-fig-ized  Marvin would.  Same thing with the Road Runner.  That is pretty much exactly what I expected and I am happy with that.  I want mini-fig-ized versions of these characters just like the Disney series' before it.  If I wanted correctly proportioned plastic statues I wouldn't be buying Lego mini-figs.  :grin:

Road Runner has 3 new molds!

They gave 3 new molds to the worst one of the series 

13 hours ago, Cocoa said:

That problem still exists. They should have moulded Marvin's head in the same way as the rest. It looks like it has been shrunk.