Robert8

Looney Tunes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Taz's "dust devil" looks to be made with the outer shell of a Dimensions stand.

Just when I was about to last one day without thinking about Dimensions

1 minute ago, gedren_y said:

Taz's "dust devil" looks to be made with the outer shell of a Dimensions stand.

Isn't it just Polka Dot Man's stand with a different print? 

32627pb01.png

Oh. I don’t like them at all :-(

that RR is the worst and i really was going for him and Wile E. Well, this was disappointing :-(

Even tho I haven’t seen images (unless someone can send me link privately), I am too excited to collect some of these Looney Tunes characters!

as I read some comments here, I’m looking forward to collect Bugs, Daffy, Lola, Porky, Marvin, and few more. However, I see some complain about Tweety being a full-sized minifigure and Road Runner being out of place. I was hoping Tweety and Road Runenr would be accesories...A pair in one blind bag would be awesome, oh well... Maybe I will skip Tweety and Road Runner even tho I haven’t seen images.

Well of course it had to leak when I was at work! Stupid work, wasting my time for puny payment...

I find the series slightly underwhelming. First of all: where the HELL is Elmer J. Fudd? Lego/WB, please explain yourselves! Petunia instead of Elmer, this is beyond my comprehension...

Bugs doesn't seem to have tail piece, for shame!. Also 'Duck season' sign should be a no brainer.

What is this flat tornado? I know it would be a rather large part for CMF, but surely it's not impossible to create a fitting piece? This thing is just plain lazy.

Speedy's tail, why isn't the front painted white? It's possible as evidenced by Scrooge McDuck, definitely some corners were cut here.

Marvin has a cloth skirt after all, meh.

That's not the Roadrunner, that's a Streettrotter. Screw this guy, I'll have Coyote hunt Bugs, it's been done in a few cartoons.

On the plus side, damn those molds look absolutely terrific! I think they've translated pretty well to a minifigure form, all things considered. There are definitely things to nitpick, like rather poor selection of accesories, but I'd stil be happy to get all 11.

48 minutes ago, BenderBrau said:

but I'd stil be happy to get all 11.

🤣🤣🤣

IMO these look fine for what they are, but will really only appeal to people with an affinity for these characters. I've picked up Licensed CMF figures before even when I don't care about the characters at all, just because they offer good parts. This series is most comparable to The Simpsons, but even the Simpsons series had prints that, while cartoony, could work in a city/modern-like settings.

Looney Tunes, however, offers quite little in the way of useful parts for customisation in my opinion. Lola might be the best in that regard.

But, hot dang, does Porky actually have fleshie coloured hips???

That Road Runner has to be the worst thing they've ever put inside a CMF bag 

He totally needed special legs, like the Faun

Other than that, I think Marvin is my least favorite of the bunch

Lola, Porky, Bugs, Wylie, Petunia, Taz, Sylvester look great

The rest are ok

Overall, kind of a weak series for me

What’s the likelihood of us getting Space Jam 2 sets off the back of these? Seems a no brainer.

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

He totally needed special legs, like the Faun

And hips in the colour of his torso. 

17 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

It certainly looks like it! I obtained some a couple of years ago, and I’ve always been curious about when we’d see an actual minifig released with them. I can see them potentially being popular now!

I don’t have a connection to Looney Tunes the way I do Disney, but this series looks almost as great! I don’t know if I’ll get the complete series (I can’t even name all the characters), but I can definitely see myself getting a few of them!

Bugs, Lola, Daffy, Taz, Porky, Marvin, and Wile E. are perfect representations, so I'd get at least one of each to keep as is.

I'll get RR, and try to mod him. Which pale blue is that?

I'd try to get extra of Marvin, and possibly Taz, for parts. Speedy and Petunia are also parts useful. I'd probably give Petunia other 'clothes', and keep her with Porky.

Tweety being out of scale makes him and Sylvester easy passes.

Only fig I don’t like is Tweety. RR isn’t much better, but head mold is fantastic. Also think they should’ve replaced Petunia with Foghorn Leghorn if not Elmer or Yosemite.

This series kind of sucks to be honest. For whatever reason, two of the characters have no torso printing (It baffles me that LEGO is still doing this), Most of those characters don't really translate well into minifigure form (Road Runner is probably the worst offender), and all those parts look way too character-specific to be used anywhere else. At least with Simpsons, we got some nice minifigure accessories, but it seems like they didn't bother with that here. 

In my humble opinion, LEGO is going a bit too overboard with their "Adult Nostalgia" products, and they don't even bother making them actually look good. This series is an easy pass from me.

Edited by Lego David

3 hours ago, Lego David said:

This series kind of sucks to be honest. For whatever reason, two of the characters have no torso printing (It baffles me that LEGO is still doing this), Most of those characters don't really translate well into minifigure form (Road Runner is probably the worst offender), and all those parts look way too character-specific to be used anywhere else.

Many can be used for animal minifigures,  so no worse than specific superheroes. I can only see one with no print - Marvin. 

I don't understand Marvin's head. I get they want to use traditional lego parts, but his head looks like it has been shrunk, especially compared to every other figure in the series. They should have gone moulded and bigger, like every other one.

6 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

It will be interesting to see if Petunia has the same legs, or if the hips are different colour or there is underwear printing. I'm hoping for more plain fleshie hips there too, but that might be too risqué for lego.

I am surprised they went with an unknown character like Petunia Pig (Lola at least appeared in a lot of modern Looney Tunes stuff such as Space Jam and is well known but I am a Looney Tunes fanatic and even I didn't know who Petunia Pig is) instead of someone more well known and popular like Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Leghorn or Yosemite Sam...

13 minutes ago, jonwil said:

I am surprised they went with an unknown character like Petunia Pig (Lola at least appeared in a lot of modern Looney Tunes stuff such as Space Jam and is well known but I am a Looney Tunes fanatic and even I didn't know who Petunia Pig is) instead of someone more well known and popular like Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Leghorn or Yosemite Sam...

I guess it is down to the low number of female characters. 

16 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Female representation I'd say

I'm suprised they didn't included Witch Hazel in that regard

52 minutes ago, MAB said:

I can only see one with no print - Marvin. 

Both Marvin and Road Runner have no printing on the torso whatsoever.

I do wonder if the decision that (because of the anti-gun PC stuff going on in the US right now) the new Looney Tunes cartoons would take the hunting rifle away from Elmer and the 6-shooters away from Yosemite contributed to the decision not to include those characters in the CMFs...

Overall I like Looney tunes CMF. But they look so weird due to exacerbated heads with new molds! Honestly I didn't feel that way when Disney CMF was revealed. Mickey and Donald didn’t  look that weird to me for some reason. Anyway I like most figures here.

Although I don't get why they made Twetty as minifigure, he looks terrible! They should have made his the size of owls from Harry Potter line. This way size would be more accurate and Sylvester would be able to hold him as accessory.

Edited by benderisgreat

Tweety being sold as a separate character was probably mandated by WB :shrug_oh_well:After all, CB did the same thing with their LT series (the one whose rather creepy-looking Tweety and Speedy heads were used for that fake leak making the rounds on IG multiple times)