Robert8

Looney Tunes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

35 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

But those are all pets. 

Road Runner is its own character. Same with Tweety

Tweety is a pet for Granny.

30 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

So Lego is doing the same with Speedy and Tweety as they did with Chip and Dale.

I agree. I’m not sure how i feel about that...

5 hours ago, PavillionDweller said:

9. Elmer Fudd (game as in hunting)

I believe we are getting Elmer Fudd. Wish they included Tweety w/ Sylvester and RR w/ Wile so we could get a Yosemite Sam and Pepe.

51 minutes ago, Tygurah said:

We really should've gotten Yosemite Sam and Elmer instead :cry_sad:

Both carry weapons as part of their character. I would have liked to see them, but if they wanted to even  the gender balance then someone had to give. Pepe doesn’t comprehend that no means no, so he’s out. 

Lola? There goes my dream of having only classic characters, but it was bound to happen. Tweety and Roadrunner as a full minifigs? :wall: It was to be expected, but they can't realistically look good aside from their head molds. Petunia? Makes at least a bit of sense, but obviously we'd rather have someone more famous, like Sam or Foghorn. The rest is as expected, still excited for them and I hope we'll get a look at them soon.

50 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Both carry weapons as part of their character. I would have liked to see them, but if they wanted to even  the gender balance then someone had to give. Pepe doesn’t comprehend that no means no, so he’s out. 

Slot wise, I'd happily take Elmer Fudd with a giant butterfly net or a money bags wielding Sam over an overproportioned Tweety who'll look like Big Bird's slightly younger brother. :laugh:

Seriously though, shame ofc but fully understandable from both Lego and WB's point of view; people will rage with the guns, people will rage without the guns. I'm just happy getting Marvin the Martian as a minifig, that's more than I ever could've hoped for. :wub:

I wonder if they made special legs for Road Runner, like the Series 15 Faun's

32 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I wonder if they made special legs for Road Runner, like the Series 15 Faun's

I have that same thought too. That Faun legs may work for Porky and Petunia but Road Runner? It’s in question. 

I guess we will need to rescue our judgment until we see official images then.

Can’t wait to see how they all look! I am afraid i want nearly all of them. This could be a better series for me than Disney or Simpsons. 
What can be their attributes? They have a lot of new moulds, so i guess the attributes will be smallish. Bugs with a carrot of course, wile e with dynamite (but i hope some sort of box with Acme on it), roadrunner with a plate full of birdseed and a street sign. And maybe some of them won’t be having attributes at all 

i think they give roadrunner normal legs. But just printed like bird legs, like big bird. 

Edited by Borex

1 hour ago, PavillionDweller said:

Slot wise, I'd happily take Elmer Fudd with a giant butterfly net or a money bags wielding Sam over an overproportioned Tweety who'll look like Big Bird's slightly younger brother. :laugh:

Seriously though, shame ofc but fully understandable from both Lego and WB's point of view; people will rage with the guns, people will rage without the guns. I'm just happy getting Marvin the Martian as a minifig, that's more than I ever could've hoped for. :wub:

All of this.

2 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I agree. I’m not sure how i feel about that...

While I would definitely like properly scaled figures. I don't mind them all being similar size. Kind of reminds me when you go to a theme park and all the characters are the same size. Think often Tweety is actually the largest at Movie World due to the big head.

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Can’t wait to see how they all look! I am afraid i want nearly all of them. This could be a better series for me than Disney or Simpsons. 
What can be their attributes? They have a lot of new moulds, so i guess the attributes will be smallish. Bugs with a carrot of course, wile e with dynamite (but i hope some sort of box with Acme on it), roadrunner with a plate full of birdseed and a street sign. And maybe some of them won’t be having attributes at all 

i think they give roadrunner normal legs. But just printed like bird legs, like big bird. 

I love of them. Has a very nice accessory

24 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I love of them. Has a very nice accessory

I can’t wait to see official images of Looney Tunes Series soon! I’m curious what kind of accessory these characters gonna have. 

I’m not surprised Tweety is a regular figure, it’s probably more appealing to brands to have their iconic characters represented as LEGO’s most iconic figure. We’ll see what he ends up looking like.

I’m disappointed that the female character choices are just distaff counterparts. Lola makes sense as she’s very popular but Petunia I’m quite disappointed with. She’s not really used much in media or merchandise. Granny and Witch Hazel would be much more dynamic choices for a secondary female character! 

Apart from Petunia I’m really happy with this rumoured list! 

Im very mixed on them

Bugs, Daffy, Porky, Sylvester and Petunia (though I'm not super happy with her inclusion) all look great

Lola also looks great, but I'm not really into the outfit, I would have preferred a toon squad uniform, but I understand them trying to make her fit in with the others

Marvin and Taz look pretty good, but def not the best of the series, but also I couldn't tell you how they could be improved (perhaps a real 3 dimensional tornedo would have worked better for Taz)

Tweety and Speedy also look really good for what they are, but I still think they should have been just smaller accessories

Wile I would say is decent, but his head just looks a little too big

Now Roadrunner is definitely the worst, the solid blocks of color combined with him just not working well as a minifgure in general are disappointing

But overall the series is more good than bad, and I'm super excited to finally get them!!

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Man they modeled this similar to Disney with the love for partner paring and no 2 characters per bag 

If only they also had 18 characters :cry_sad:

Road runners legs definitely look odd! Tweety too was an odd decision to create in a full size fig but I’m excited to see them in real life

Edited by Aliander101