Robert8

Looney Tunes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

26 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Marvins full figure has leaked. The cloth skirt piece is such a disappointment. They did not capture the silhouette of the character at all (also fumbled that with skinny Winnie). The cloth piece is underwhelming and I wish they just printed lines onto the skirt piece @Brick Cucumber recommended. The rest is meh obviously his cartoon is drawn with skinny little legs and his thick lego legs felt off for that reason, he looked bulkier than the skinny cartoon we’re used to. But the cloth skirt only really messed up the illusion some more. Not the worst but honestly not a fan of that figure.

I really hope that skirt is a placeholder, it looks terrible and doesn't fit the character at all.

That’s the TLBM Poison Ivy skirt. I would be extremely surprised if they choose to reuse that for Marvin. In fact the comments say a different piece is coming with him. 

Damn it people, you almost gave me a heart attack *oh2* I think the poster meant to give us a general idea what Marvin will look like with a skirt and they used the closest piece they had available. Not the greatest execution though, my evening would've fine without this "leak".

19 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

Not the greatest execution though, my evening would've fine without this "leak".

I couldn't agree more. That skirt piece somehow looked worse than Marvin with nothing at all. 

bad news for pepe le pew fans it seems his big scene in space jam 2 has been cut to avoid upsetting the sjw weirdos

so chances of him being a minifigure now is more or less over

pretty pathetic considering if people actually watched his shorts , sometimes the tables were turned on him and one time it ended with penelope pussycat chasing after him

22 minutes ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

bad news for pepe le pew fans it seems his big scene in space jam 2 has been cut to avoid upsetting the sjw weirdos

so chances of him being a minifigure now is more or less over

pretty pathetic considering if people actually watched his shorts , sometimes the tables were turned on him and one time it ended with penelope pussycat chasing after him

More than once. The whole point of the character was that he, like the rest of the LT crew, were parodies of personalities and personality types. Chuck Jones based Pepe on a friend of his who thought he was all things to all women. 
With any luck someone will see the light, much like when the League of United Latin American Citizens petitioned to have Speedy Gonzales reinstated. It will be interesting to see if he appears, or whether he has ever destined to. It would be a shame if there was another knee jerk reaction.

32 minutes ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

Is that the reason why? Reading some articles on the subject, it seems that he was in a single scene, and that scene was cut when the film had a change of director. It's very common for directors coming onto a project midway through to get rid of some scenes, and it's just playing the odds that eventually one will be cut that coincidentally has some uproar online about it. Then because that will get angry clicks from certain demographics, all the news media jumps on it and makes it a big deal.

It's really not. Scenes get cut all the time. If he was in a large portion of the film it would be different, but a single scene? It happens. Do you know how many lines Charlotte Skeoch has in her two Harry Potter apppearances as Hannah Abbott? None - all of her lines were in deleted scenes.

(And actually, Hannah got a minifigure, so there's hope for Pepe Le Pew.)

Does anyone really care about him all that much anyway? With so many characters to choose from and only 12 of them being in the series, why would they go for him? :shrug_oh_well:

These CMFs are less than month away from being out in the shelves and that (very stupid) controversy just happened a few days ago

Of course there is no time at all to remove him from the series (if he was even there to begin with)

People need to remember the CMFs series are made almost a whole year before the release date

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Does anyone really care about him all that much anyway? With so many characters to choose from and only 12 of them being in the series, why would they go for him? :shrug_oh_well:

Do you know how little I care for Mer-Batman? Yet there he stands among the other Batmen, completing a set. I would hazard that there are less desirable characters than the above that have already been made into minifigures.

22 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I would hazard that there are less desirable characters than the above that have already been made into minifigures.

I’m not saying he’s too obscure to be turned into a minifig, my point is that he‘s certainly not in the top 12 of the most famous/iconic Looney Tunes characters :tongue:

Actually if you ask me he is more likely to appear than not

He seems to be easier to translate into minifigure form than some other characters 

Also, all licensed CMFs so far have included some "obscure" / not-too-popular characters 

I’m not saying he’s too obscure to be turned into a minifig, my point is that he‘s certainly not in the top 12 of the most famous/iconic Looney Tunes characters :tongue:

And you think that’s how Lego has ever compiled a licensed CMF, by popularity? Now come on, we both know the answer to that.

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

More than once. The whole point of the character was that he, like the rest of the LT crew, were parodies of personalities and personality types. Chuck Jones based Pepe on a friend of his who thought he was all things to all women. 
With any luck someone will see the light, much like when the League of United Latin American Citizens petitioned to have Speedy Gonzales reinstated. It will be interesting to see if he appears, or whether he has ever destined to. It would be a shame if there was another knee jerk reaction.

Their trying to cancel speedy again too.  It's pretty sad if you ask me.  I grew up watching looney tunes.  I liked watching Pepe and Speedy and  all the others.  I mean look at some of the cartoons they have now and what they are pushing.  People really need to relax and take things as they are and not what they think it means.  But back on topic.  I really hope Sylvester is in it as he was my favorite growing up.  

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

And you think that’s how Lego has ever compiled a licensed CMF, by popularity? Now come on, we both know the answer to that.

Nope, of course they haven‘t :grin: But this series is different in two regards: it‘s the first licensed series with a reduced roster and every character requires a new mould, so there‘s no cheapening out with recolours :tongue: Combined, this means they should get their priorities straight. 

Let‘s take your Mer-Batman example: I doubt it would‘ve been included in TLBM S2 if it only had 12 minifigs. If it was still in there, then only as a cost-saving measure, which is not a valid point if there are no costs to be saved :shrug_oh_well:

it‘s the first licensed series with a reduced roster

Is this actually confirmed? Do we know for certain it’s just 12 figs...? 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Nope, of course they haven‘t :grin: But this series is different in two regards: it‘s the first licensed series with a reduced roster and every character requires a new mould, so there‘s no cheapening out with recolours :tongue: Combined, this means they should get their priorities straight. 

Let‘s take your Mer-Batman example: I doubt it would‘ve been included in TLBM S2 if it only had 12 minifigs. If it was still in there, then only as a cost-saving measure, which is not a valid point if there are no costs to be saved :shrug_oh_well:

In one respect yes, with a series of 12 they have to work a lot harder to refine the series. As much as I enjoyed it I think 16 was a bold number and it led to fatigue, particularly in the regular series. If it started off with 12 they could have spun it out a lot further and it would have pushed them to up their game. I think Pepe has as much right to be on the roster as some of the other Toons, if not more. Assuming it’s a one off, we should see Bugs with carrot, Daffy with a mallet, Porky with his cap (not sure what accessories he would have), Sylvester, Elmer ideally with the old pirate musket but this is 2021 so I guess a scythe, Taz with a Ninjago like spinner, Sam with a pair of pistols, and Wiley. Marvin we know about, hopefully he comes with K-9, at least a ray gun or one of his Illudium devices. I would think that Tweety is coming, but I still don’t think that he’ll be his own figure. I reckon he’ll come with Granny, and if we get Speedy he’ll come with Sylvester. To continue the theme I don’t see Roadrunner coming as a minifigure, and he’ll be in with Wiley. That’s 10 spots. The remaining characters are all in the same area regarding popularity or recognition. To better the ratio I am going with Witch Hazel, but I’m not convinced that she’ll translate into brick form that well. On the plus side for Lego she could be made with existing parts. That makes 11. At this stage there’s Pepe, Foghorn, Gossamer, or Lola. I don’t know enough about Lola to gauge her popularity, nor whether they would go for a gender swap or a different character. Gossamer I think is a bit too obscure. Foghorn could come with Henery Hawk. Pepe could come with flowers and a bottle of perfume. I’d like both Pepe and Foghorn, but I don’t think we’ll be afforded that luxury. My main concern is that in order to accommodate the smaller characters there’s a lot of new moulds, and whether they go ahead with that. 
On a related note, I would like to see a Wiley and Roadrunner set with loads of ACME products and rocks. At the very least I want him with a sign saying “In Heaven’s name, what am I doing?”

14 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Yes he is. Especially when you look at which are possible to translate into a minifigure. Pepe is in my top 4 of LT characters any day of the week. 

4 hours ago, Megafig said:

Is this actually confirmed? Do we know for certain it’s just 12 figs...? 

I still think we don’t know. 

1 hour ago, williejm said:

I still think we don’t know. 

Actually, we do. There was a placeholder image in the retailer catalogue that leaked a while ago where the figure count was clearly stated :wink:

5 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

To better the ratio I am going with Witch Hazel,

Surely Lola is far and away more iconic, if they want a female Looney Tune? 

I'd say there's a high chance for Lola, partly for female representation in the lineup and partly because I don't think they'd skip out on her when she's probably bound to have a more noticable role than other characters in the new Space Jam movie (we're talking compared to minor characters here, not saying she'll outshine the likes of Bugs or Daffy).

4 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Surely Lola is far and away more iconic, if they want a female Looney Tune? 

I guess it’s a generation thing. I never saw her debut, nor have I ever seen anything she’s been in, but I’ve heard that she’s quite an empowered character. I do think that quite an awkward decision was made regarding her look recently, however.

1 minute ago, RedHoodPug said:

I guess it’s a generation thing. I never saw her debut, nor have I ever seen anything she’s been in, but I’ve heard that she’s quite an empowered character. I do think that quite an awkward decision was made regarding her look recently, however.

It might well be. I'm of an age where Baby Looney Tunes was on TV as much as if not more than classic Looney Tunes - and it was an ensemble, where classic Looney Tunes you'd often not see some characters. So for me, Lola is one of the core Looney Tunes. 

Just now, Alexandrina said:

It might well be. I'm of an age where Baby Looney Tunes was on TV as much as if not more than classic Looney Tunes - and it was an ensemble, where classic Looney Tunes you'd often not see some characters. So for me, Lola is one of the core Looney Tunes. 

Fair enough. Last thing I saw was Animaniacs with Pinky and the Brain. Alright it’s not exactly balanced, but it’s a little less one sided. 

1 minute ago, RedHoodPug said:

Fair enough. Last thing I saw was Animaniacs with Pinky and the Brain. Alright it’s not exactly balanced, but it’s a little less one sided. 

It's been nearly a quarter century since Lola was introduced, and I presume (though I don't know, since Baby Looney Tunes is my own most recent experience) that she continues to feature in Looney Tunes material. For today's kids, the target audience, whether or not she was around in the Golden Era is likely immaterial.