Robert8

Looney Tunes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, admiral_typhoon said:

It's a bit of a cheap move (assuming they stay within 12 figs so wasted slots since they're not from the classic line-up), but I can see the bugs bunny head being made in a way that the ears are assembled as a separate component, so they can make another ears piece for Lola, or just go the lazy way and make the same head in tan with different printing.

For Tina, they could just add a stud on top of Daffy's head, so they remake it in tan/light yellow and add a short hair piece from Friends.

I assume these are the main ones guaranteed to show up:

1. Porky (confirmed)
  2. Bugs Bunny
  3. Daffy Duck
  4. Wile E. Coyote + Road Runner mould (no way they're giving him his own spot)
  5. Taz
  6. Sylvester 
  7. Granny + Tweety mould
  8. Taz
  9. Elmer Fudd
  10. Yosemite Sam
  11. Speedy Gonzalez

You said Taz twice in that list. :)

Anyways, Witch Hazel would be great. I can’t think of other names.

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Gonna be interesting to see how they go on this - have we actually had it confirmed that it is 12 figures to expect? 
Hard to see why Speedy would be a figure but Tweety & Roadrunner just accessories. 

I think Marvin is enough of a fan favourite to be pretty likely. I mean I’d also like a Duck Dodgers counterpart too ;)

Edited by williejm

A little prognostication:

1) Porky (confirmed) - not sure what he would have
2) Bugs (obvious) - with carrot and Duck Season printed tile
3) Taz - with something like one of those Ninjago spinners
4) Foghorn Leghorn - with the Chicken Hawk
5) Wile E. Coyote - with the Road Runner
6) Sylvester - with Speedy Gonzales and cheese slope
7) Granny - with Tweety and rolling pin
8) Elmer Fudd - with shotgun and removable hat (pin hole)
9) Daffy Duck - Rabbit Season printed tile, and maybe something else
10) Witch Hazel - broom and large pot
11) Yosemite Sam - pistols and dynamite
12) Marvin the Martian - oversized single stick of dynamite

Edited by gedren_y

5 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

hmmm i wonder when they do these special cmf themes do the designers decide which characters to do or is it the higher ups that say who should be included

I assume it’s the same process as with any other licensed product: the designers pitch ideas which are then discussed with the licenser. Interestingly, the designers have managed to overrule the licenser before. The best example is Krennic’s Shuttle from Rogue One, where the designers got their way. Lucasfilm originally wanted them to do the Zeta-class cargo shuttle instead :laugh:

6 hours ago, steveholt said:

I'd love to see a Green Loontern eventually 

Having bought our son LB3 for Christmas, I second that. If not I’ll mod him without the mask.

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

The Marvin minifig leaked :thumbup:

Torso isn’t right, is it? Other than that, it’s Marvin. This doesn’t make me very angry :laugh: 

yes Marvin!! He is my fav character and  I was getting kind of worried that he wasn't gonna be in it so this is such a relief. Interesting to see that he's using a minifig head but ig it makes sense. I wonder if others will. I can see the human ones like Yosemite Sam, Elmer Fudd, or Granny using them. I think that's the torso he's gonna use and he's definitely gonna have a skirt piece, wonder if it will be a new piece tho. They could prob get away with using the ballerina one, but I think its different enough to warrant a new mold.

Edited by Surge

15 minutes ago, Surge said:

yes Marvin!! He is my fav character and  I was getting kind of worried that he wasn't gonna be in it so this is such a relief. Interesting to see that he's using a minifig head but ig it makes sense. I wonder if others will. I can see the human ones like Yosemite Sam, Elmer Fudd, or Granny using them. I think that's the torso he's gonna use and he's definitely gonna have a skirt piece, wonder if it will be a new piece tho. They could prob get away with using the ballerina one, but I think its different enough to warrant a new mold.

Or a fabric piece 

What’s interesting about the Marvin leak is that it’s a regular head with a helmet on. This suggest that this will follow the Disney CMF of using regular heads where they can get away with it (they did a new helmet mould - they could have just done the whole head in one). So that begs the question - which other characters might work using a regular head? Granny is the only one I can think of immediately. 

8 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

Torso isn’t right, is it?

Seems weird without any printing but it's correct. He does wear green in some appearances, but mostly red. The addition of his skirt will definitely flesh him out more. Also he needs a second, angry face, this one doesn't fit his character very much. I'm sure the designer have included it, but we won't find out until the series is revealed

41 minutes ago, williejm said:

So that begs the question - which other characters might work using a regular head? Granny is the only one I can think of immediately. 

Witch Hazel, Yosemite Sam, Elmer Fudd. 

The ballerina piece doesn’t capture Marvin for me. His skirt is more clover shaped, with the “leaves being more angular. Lego would do best to make a new mold for the skirt because it looks much different from any existing mold. Love the figure, he makes sense with the mini figure head. I was absolutely expecting a new mold for his entire head but just the helmet works completely fine. Excited to see his completed look with his skirt piece. He looks incomplete because he obviously is. The gun is meh I figured a small brick built gun would have made more sense but his guns have been pretty distinct I think a general ray gun kind of gets the idea across. Not bad excited for more.

2 hours ago, BenderBrau said:

Seems weird without any printing but it's correct. He does wear green in some appearances, but mostly red. The addition of his skirt will definitely flesh him out more. Also he needs a second, angry face, this one doesn't fit his character very much. I'm sure the designer have included it, but we won't find out until the series is revealed

I had it in my mind that his torso was black, I don’t know why. I think it must be that he looks odd without the skirt. Angry face, maybe just a few shirt wrinkles. Either way, Marvin!

Marvin definitely needs a skirt piece. To me it always reminded me of a Roman warrior skirt and it sticks out a lot

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Hmmm that looks a little bit weird

He just needs the skirt piece really and that's what he looks like to a T.  

On 2/26/2021 at 6:47 PM, williejm said:

So that begs the question - which other characters might work using a regular head?

Perhaps the likes of Bugs, Lola, Daffy, Sylvester, etc. will come with regular heads and overlay pieces like Chewbacca! :pir-skel: Though I reckon that would be more likely if there was a Looney Tunes set rather than a CMF.

On 2/27/2021 at 4:04 PM, Alexandrina said:

Perhaps the likes of Bugs, Lola, Daffy, Sylvester, etc. will come with regular heads and overlay pieces like Chewbacca! :pir-skel: Though I reckon that would be more likely if there was a Looney Tunes set rather than a CMF.

I don’t see anything about using regular heads for Bugs, Lola, etc would have regular heads and cover them with molds. For CMFs, there were Simpsons series 1 & 2 with so many head molds. And there was Chestershire Cat with a head mold in Disney series 1, along with Mickey and Minnie. 

Surely, we have ghost figure with regular head and ghost veil mold outside CMF lines. And I’m not sure about 123 Seasame Street characters with head molds. 

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I don’t see anything about using regular heads for Bugs, Lola, etc would have regular heads and cover them with molds. For CMFs, there were Simpsons series 1 & 2 with so many head molds

Yeah, I wasn't being entirely serious. :pir-tongue:

If this was some playset as part of a theme, I think it would be more likely, as a cost-saving measure more than anything - but for a CMF they'll definitely have the budget for unique head moulds. Having said that, perhaps they'll dig out the old Quicky mould! Give us a dual dose of cool new mould and turn-of-the-millennium nostalgia! :monkey:

I'm guessing Marvin will have some kind of stiff cloth skirt. When the Series 20 Piñata Boy leaked it was with everything but his ponchos.

2 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

I'm guessing Marvin will have some kind of stiff cloth skirt. When the Series 20 Piñata Boy leaked it was with everything but his ponchos.

Oh hell no, unacceptable. You can clearly see in the cartoons there is some thickness to it and it better be a plastic piece.

I'm still wondering how they're going to approach Speedy (if at all). He could easily work as a regular minifig, much better than Tweety, but at the same time I want all characters to be more or less to scale. What a conundrum!