Robert8

Looney Tunes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I was reading some article and this Looney Tunes gonna e a “surprising” series to be revealed between the release of Series 21 and May 2021. 

Let’s wait and see as spring gets closer next year then. 

On 12/28/2020 at 10:32 AM, LOTR34 said:

Won't this be an expensive series for Lego to make considering the amount of new molds required for atleast 12 characters?

That’s a good question. Now I am wondering about that. 

On 12/28/2020 at 4:32 PM, LOTR34 said:

Won't this be an expensive series for Lego to make considering the amount of new molds required for atleast 12 characters?

I fail to see the problem. Disney S1 introduced at least 19 new parts (thus more than one per fig in average) and other series also featured more than 10 new parts :shrug_oh_well: Or how about the two Simpsons series where a majority of head moulds were exclusive to the respective minifig?

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I fail to see the problem. Disney S1 introduced at least 19 new parts (thus more than one per fig in average) and other series also featured more than 10 new parts :shrug_oh_well: Or how about the two Simpsons series where a majority of head moulds were exclusive to the respective minifig?

Now that you mentioned it I completely forgot about the Simpsons and Disney series :grin:

It's not that I have problem with a cmf that has alot of new molds.I'm just trying to not get too hopefull for a potential cmf Sesame Street series. 

No....

But I find the release date a bit odd

VIDIYO releases on March and is rumored to have a CMF on its own.... 

So, both series with anthropomorphic characters released almost simultaneously

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

No....

But I find the release date a bit odd

VIDIYO releases on March and is rumored to have a CMF on its own.... 

So, both series with anthropomorphic characters released almost simultaneously

Agreed, it’s little odd. And too much serie be released this year. 

S21 was revealed on the first of December and released mid-late December/Early January, so I'm guessing we'll get Looney Tunes news in early April and release late April/Early May.

27 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Finally

I was starting to think this was a fake rumor

Nah it’s not a fake rumor. It’s on everything like order sheets and such as looney tunes 

Really hope Tweetie is a smaller mold accompanying a figure as opposed to his own figure. I’d like him to be around the size of the mold used for Ducky in 10770. Excited for this Series I remember thinking I wanted a Daffy Duck after first seeing the Donald Duck figure from Disney Series 1. 

On 1/27/2021 at 1:36 PM, DBlegonerd7 said:

Agreed, it’s little odd. And too much serie be released this year. 

I just wish the price for each bag was back down to $3 a bag. As the years went by and we had gradual price hikes I always feared and somehow had faith we would never reach the $5 mark. It’s too much for me. I actually love years where we get a lot of series. I love giving money for these things. The only reason it feels like “too much” is because the price is too high. My only other complaint being how fast the series go by. If you’ve been struggling to find work during the pandemic it can be kind of painful seeing most stores stop carrying a particular series by the time you afford to buy them. I miss seeing 3 or more series on shelves. It’s happened occasionally and is more common now than in recent years (saw DC, Harry Potter Series 2, and Series 21 at a Barnes and Noble). Just hope they stick around longer for those of us who take time to get around picking up a series. 

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

Really hope Tweetie is a smaller mold accompanying a figure as opposed to his own figure. I’d like him to be around the size of the mold used for Ducky in 10770. Excited for this Series I remember thinking I wanted a Daffy Duck after first seeing the Donald Duck figure from Disney Series 1. 

I just wish the price for each bag was back down to $3 a bag. As the years went by and we had gradual price hikes I always feared and somehow had faith we would never reach the $5 mark. It’s too much for me. I actually love years where we get a lot of series. I love giving money for these things. The only reason it feels like “too much” is because the price is too high. My only other complaint being how fast the series go by. If you’ve been struggling to find work during the pandemic it can be kind of painful seeing most stores stop carrying a particular series by the time you afford to buy them. I miss seeing 3 or more series on shelves. It’s happened occasionally and is more common now than in recent years (saw DC, Harry Potter Series 2, and Series 21 at a Barnes and Noble). Just hope they stick around longer for those of us who take time to get around picking up a series. 

100% agree with you on Tweety mold. It’s more easier Slyster to snatch Tweety from a birdcage. Or Granny carrying Tweety around. Unless...it’s Tweety’s monster version. 

And yup, i agree with you on the high price but when I said “too much” i mean there are more than 3 s series per year (even if it’s not CMF-related).

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Really hope Tweetie is a smaller mold accompanying a figure as opposed to his own figure. I’d like him to be around the size of the mold used for Ducky in 10770

He definitely should be, at least I think they should go for something different than "people in costumes" in Disney CMFs. Also there's the fact that it's now only 12 minifigs in the series, pairing the bigger (in size) characters with their usually smaller rivals could be the way to give us a more complete cast.

1 hour ago, BenderBrau said:

He definitely should be, at least I think they should go for something different than "people in costumes" in Disney CMFs. Also there's the fact that it's now only 12 minifigs in the series, pairing the bigger (in size) characters with their usually smaller rivals could be the way to give us a more complete cast.

The perfect thing about Ducky was his base. He could fit perfectly on a minifigure hand because his feet only cover a 1x1 stud anyway. Tweety is depicted as much smaller than the rest of the cast it would look weird if he were at even a relative height.

Edited by cosmic

i really would love marvin the martian too but theres so many iconic looney tunes characters sadly some will be missed out but here is the list of what the characters may be

bugs bunny

daffy duck

porky pig

sylvester

tweety

elmer fudd

yosemite sam

taz

marvin the martian

wile e coyote

road runner

foghorn leghorn or speedy gonzales but more likely lola bunny

29 minutes ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

i really would love marvin the martian too but theres so many iconic looney tunes characters sadly some will be missed out but here is the list of what the characters may be

bugs bunny

daffy duck

porky pig

sylvester

tweety

elmer fudd

yosemite sam

taz

marvin the martian

wile e coyote

road runner

foghorn leghorn or speedy gonzales but more likely lola bunny

1.) I really hope to see Tweety as a mold so it will leave a spot for Granny as a minifigure. It would be weird to see Tweety as minifigure and sit on Granny’s hand...

2.) You know most of the Looney Tunes characters are males, right? Personally, I would love to see some female characters like Lola, Hazel, Granny, etc.

yeah i do admit i love the whole crazy lola from the new looney tunes show and that show did introduce a new female love interest for daffy called tina , witch hazel was great and who can forget granny saving tweety multiple times with her cane

but yeah it definitely is a male oriented cast and i forgot these 4 female characters penelope pussycat , melissa duck  petunia pig and miss prissy

20 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

yeah i do admit i love the whole crazy lola from the new looney tunes show and that show did introduce a new female love interest for daffy called tina , witch hazel was great and who can forget granny saving tweety multiple times with her cane

but yeah it definitely is a male oriented cast and i forgot these 4 female characters penelope pussycat , melissa duck  petunia pig and miss prissy

It's a bit of a cheap move (assuming they stay within 12 figs so wasted slots since they're not from the classic line-up), but I can see the bugs bunny head being made in a way that the ears are assembled as a separate component, so they can make another ears piece for Lola, or just go the lazy way and make the same head in tan with different printing.

For Tina, they could just add a stud on top of Daffy's head, so they remake it in tan/light yellow and add a short hair piece from Friends.

I assume these are the main ones guaranteed to show up:

1. Porky (confirmed)
  2. Bugs Bunny
  3. Daffy Duck
  4. Wile E. Coyote + Road Runner mould (no way they're giving him his own spot)
  5. Taz
  6. Sylvester 
  7. Granny + Tweety mould
  8. Elmer Fudd
  9. Yosemite Sam
  10. Speedy Gonzalez

That leaves 2 or 6 spaces left, while these are secondary/lesser known:

1. Marvin
  2. Foghorn Leghorn
  3. Lola Bunny
  4. Tina
  5. Pepe Le Pew
  6. Penelope Pussycat
  7. Petunia Pig

From here on it's pretty much the more obscure ones.

I can't see Pepe and Penelope happening at the same time only because they barely have any differences visually, and honestly Petunia, although an easy reuse of Porky's headpiece, is already a stretch and seems more obscure than secondary.

EDIT: put Taz twice. Thanks DBlegonerd7!

Edited by admiral_typhoon

I think Lola Bunny is likely to be included purely because as others have pointed out there are very few notable female Looney Tunes. While the first half dozen or so are locked in, by the time you're getting to the tenth slot, eleventh slot, etc. you're on characters that aren't hugely more iconic than Lola (and apropos of nothing, Lola was one of the cast of the Baby Looney Tunes, almost certainly for the sake of having a female character but precedent that she is the female Looney Tune when they need to pick one). Unfortunately that would mean that somebody gets left out. I suspect Lego will include characters like Tweety as 'accessories' with another figure, both to maintain scale and to cheat their way into another slot. And at the end of the day, of Lego needed sixteen slots to do all the characters they felt were necessary, they would have done sixteen slots. If they're doing twelve, it's because that's all they think they need.