Robert8

Looney Tunes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

On 10/1/2020 at 10:32 AM, MAB said:

They could almost do away with the torso completely and have a combined head/torso/neck that attaches on top of minifigure legs. Minifigure legs are way too fat of course. Whatever they do, if they do Road Runner, he will look weird - either trying to map him onto a LEGO-like minifigure or make him look non-LEGO like.

Not sure what you mean by “non-Lego like”? Can you please explain? 

8 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Not sure what you mean by “non-Lego like”? Can you please explain? 

Looking like something that is a not a LEGO minifigure. Remember these lines are nearly always sold as "collectable minifigures". Ones that have deviated from this are the Unikitty line and also the TLM2 line. In TLM2, one character was not a minifigure - Unikitty. And the packet for this series said "1 LEGO character" instead of "1 LEGO minifigure". If they do Road Runner as a single molded part or from non-minifigure parts, it won't look like a minifigure, and I doubt they will call it a minifigure.

9 hours ago, MAB said:

Looking like something that is a not a LEGO minifigure. Remember these lines are nearly always sold as "collectable minifigures". Ones that have deviated from this are the Unikitty line and also the TLM2 line. In TLM2, one character was not a minifigure - Unikitty. And the packet for this series said "1 LEGO character" instead of "1 LEGO minifigure". If they do Road Runner as a single molded part or from non-minifigure parts, it won't look like a minifigure, and I doubt they will call it a minifigure.

Ohhh I get it now. Thank you for taking your time explain!! :)

17 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Could he be done like the leaked Seasame Street Character "Big bird"? 

I think I changed my mind. Having seen how they did Big Bird, I now more think that Road Runner will be more like the flamingo accessory. Big Bird is basically a big rubbery head piece over a Minifigure, but RR has very different proportions, 

23 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Could he be done like the leaked Seasame Street Character "Big bird"? 

Where can i find a likened Seasame Street stuff? 

11 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Where can i find a likened Seasame Street stuff?  

I think it isn´t allowed to share links or tell sites to leaks, isn´t it? let´s say: the usual place for leaks. a very popular site where people share pictures under the hashtag "legoleaks".

On 10/6/2020 at 7:08 AM, Gorilla94 said:

I think it isn´t allowed to share links or tell sites to leaks, isn´t it? let´s say: the usual place for leaks. a very popular site where people share pictures under the hashtag "legoleaks".

Oh, i see. That’s quite helpful, thank you!

There's alleged leaks of Speedy's and Tweety's heads on IG... However, after the recent Sesame Street debacle, I don't trust mould leaks like that any more :hmpf: The torsos being blank is very suspicious too since forging a torso is a lot harder than sticking a competitor's mould on a minifig torso :laugh_hard: Speaking of which: The eyes remind me of the figures released by Character Building, which has been brought up before

Edited by Lego-Freak

Just now, Lego Dodo Bird said:

Upon further research, it does appear to be exactly the figures from character building.

It does :purrr: Did they really expect us to fall for the same trick twice? :laugh_hard:

Edit: ...and it's gone. Leak career over I guess :tongue:

Edited by Lego-Freak

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

There's alleged leaks of Speedy's and Tweety's heads on IG... However, after the recent Sesame Street debacle, I don't trust mould leaks like that any more :hmpf: The torsos being blank is very suspicious too since forging a torso is a lot harder than sticking a competitor's mould on a minifig torso :laugh_hard: Speaking of which: The eyes remind me of the figures released by Character Building, which has been brought up before

What a cruel prank!

Pictures of series 21 have leaked. I wonder what that means for cmf looney tunes.  Seems odd for series 12 to leak now if it was supposed to be the May release

33 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

Pictures of series 21 have leaked. I wonder what that means for cmf looney tunes.  Seems odd for series 12 to leak now if it was supposed to be the May release

I think we got contradictory info by leakers

But Looney Tunes was the spring series all along

Looney tunes is spring. People thought/assumed it would be first due to the info leaking first. It’s still coming but it will be the next one coming after series 21

So, with 12 figures confirmed I'm guessing the list might look something like this:

1. Bugs Bunny
2. Daffy Duck
3. Porky Pig
4. Sylvester the Cat (with Tweety as an accessory)
5. Elmer Fudd
6. Yosemite Sam
7. Wile E. Coyote
8. Road Runner
9. Marvin the Martian
10. Taz
11. Foghorn Leghorn
12. Lola Bunny

While not a classic toon, Lola has been popular enough to warrant a spot on the list. Plus, the series will likely coincide with the release of Space Jam 2, making her a must. On the offchance that Road Runner is an accessory to Wile E., either Granny or Pepé Le Pew could take his spot. There's also the option that Tweety might be his own minifigure (Speedy Gonzales too), but, to be honest, I'd rather not. 

Warner Bros characters are no stranger to Lego since Warner Bros got the licence for Batman.

Though I'd rather see other Warner Bros characters such as Pinky and the Brain, Tiny Toons etc... Looney Tunes were kinda before my time, whereas Animaniacs/Road Rovers/Freakazoid/Tiny Toons have the nostalgia for me.

But maybe the Looney Tunes will pave the way for more Warner Bros stuff

2 hours ago, Killian said:

Though I'd rather see other Warner Bros characters such as Pinky and the Brain, Tiny Toons etc... Looney Tunes were kinda before my time, whereas Animaniacs/Road Rovers/Freakazoid/Tiny Toons have the nostalgia for me.

Are those properties as timeless as Looney Tunes? I've just looked them up, and even though they were only a few years before my time I don't remember ever seeing any of them on the schedules (in fact, other than Animaniacs I hadn't heard of any). Looney Tunes, on the other hand, was everpresent - not just the originals, but Baby Looney Tunes, and half of the Boomerang splashes seemed to be Looney Tunes characters. I can't see Lego plumping for kids' programmes from a quarter of a century ago that haven't stood the test of time, since they'd be relying on a limited market of people who have nostalgia for said properties and that market would be unlikely to grow any considerable amount.

16 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

Are those properties as timeless as Looney Tunes? I've just looked them up, and even though they were only a few years before my time I don't remember ever seeing any of them on the schedules (in fact, other than Animaniacs I hadn't heard of any). Looney Tunes, on the other hand, was everpresent - not just the originals, but Baby Looney Tunes, and half of the Boomerang splashes seemed to be Looney Tunes characters. I can't see Lego plumping for kids' programmes from a quarter of a century ago that haven't stood the test of time, since they'd be relying on a limited market of people who have nostalgia for said properties and that market would be unlikely to grow any considerable amount.

Thought someone would say that  :blush:

1 hour ago, Killian said:

Yeah, it's far easier as an AFOL to have nostalgia for the big properties! I'd love to see something like the Famous Five in Lego, but the market isn't there... 

On 11/30/2020 at 3:50 AM, Killian said:

With the Animaniacs reboot it could be possible, there's definitely been strangers licenses, but those seem less common since around 2012 or so.

On 11/30/2020 at 11:17 AM, Alexandrina said:

Yeah, it's far easier as an AFOL to have nostalgia for the big properties! I'd love to see something like the Famous Five in Lego, but the market isn't there... 

As in Enid Blyton's Famous Five? Surely they'd be easy to recreate just by mixing minifigure parts?