Robert8

Looney Tunes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm now hoping that this is the beginning of a much broader Warner Bros. license, and not a one-off movie license. I just learned that Animaniacs is making a comeback, and it's not a reboot!

2 hours ago, gedren_y said:

I'm now hoping that this is the beginning of a much broader Warner Bros. license, and not a one-off movie license. I just learned that Animaniacs is making a comeback, and it's not a reboot!

Yeah, the Animaniacs comeback is actually a revival as in a 6th season! I’d also love to see some Animaniacs sets.

15 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Yeah, the Animaniacs comeback is actually a revival as in a 6th season! I’d also love to see some Animaniacs sets.

Awesome news!! I loved that show as a kid and sometimes Youtube favourite clips.

I think we have at least a chance to get Tweety as a little mould. The Potter cmf-series had a lot of named animals in one bag with a character, so WB doesn't seem to be like Disney with the "one character per bag"-rule. He'd be great together with Granny, who isn't a character most people would be happy to get alone.

35 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

He'd be great together with Granny, who isn't a character most people would be happy to get alone.

Or better still, stick him with Sylvester and don't do Granny at all if they think customers wouldn't be happy getting her.

2 hours ago, MAB said:

Or better still, stick him with Sylvester and don't do Granny at all if they think customers wouldn't be happy getting her.

Right, but I wanted to be realistic. I assume she is needed as a filler and 4€ for Silvester and Tweety would be such a great deal, that I can't imagine it happen^^' 

Here is my guess on whos in the series:

1. Bugs Bunny

2. Daffy Duck

3. Porky Pig

4. Sylvester Cat

5. Elmer Fudd

6. Yosemite Sam

7. Foghorn Leghorn

8. Tweety Bird

9. Marvin the Martian

10. Wile E. Coyote 

11. Road Runner

12. Granny

Ones I would like to see:

Rudolph (red hairy monster)

Witch Hazel

Marc Anthony & Pussyfoot (Bulldog and kitten)

Henry Hawk ( the Chicken Hawk)

Egghead jr. (Little chick with big head)

Edited by Dr.Cogg

17 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

1. Bugs Bunny

2. Daffy Duck

3. Porky Pig

4. Sylvester Cat

5. Elmer Fudd

6. Yosemite Sam

7. Foghorn Leghorn

8. Tweety Bird

9. Marvin the Martian

10. Wile E. Coyote 

11. Road Runner

12. Granny

Ones I would like to see:

Rudolph (red hairy monster)

Witch Hazel

Marc Anthony & Pussyfoot (Bulldog and kitten)

Henry Hawk ( the Chicken Hawk)

Egghead jr. (Little chick with big head)

Henry Hawk could be with Foghorn Leghorn, like Tweety and Sylvester/Granny. The Roadrunner could be with Wile E. Coyote (and maybe dynamite) like the flamingo was with the Gardener in Series 19. In one of the empty spaces in your list I'd put Taz.

Edited by gedren_y

Could they do Tweety the same as they did Cri-kee in the Mulan set, just printed on a 1x1 round brick? Seems to work ok for him, and looks quite good when slotted into the lantern piece.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=3062bpb062&name=Brick, Round 1 x 1 Open Stud with Lavender Cricket Pattern (Cri-Kee)&category=[Brick, Round, Decorated]#T=S&C=1&O={"color":1,"ss":"NZ","rpp":"100","iconly":0}

Oh no no no....

for a CMF series?

Tweety has to be a new mold piece (at least). For $5, anything less than that would be a travesty

He could also be its own minifigure but it would very weird next to Grandma and Sylvester

I was thinking that could work alongside Sylvester/Granny. Not ideal, but better than not at all. They could double print it, normal look one side, and teasing Sylvester the other. Then he would fit on Sylvester's hand.

56 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

He could also be its own minifigure but it would very weird next to Grandma and Sylvester

It would be like going to Movie World or Six Flags where every character is 6-7 feet tall! :sweet:

I'd like to see Tweety as a new small mold, but rather than pairing him with Sylvester or Granny, put him in his own bag alongside his larger alter ego, Monster Tweety.

On 9/25/2020 at 4:28 PM, gedren_y said:

Henry Hawk could be with Foghorn Leghorn, like Tweety and Sylvester/Granny. The Roadrunner could be with Wile E. Coyote (and maybe dynamite) like the flamingo was with the Gardener in Series 19. In one of the empty spaces in your list I'd put Taz.

Yeah, i had a same thought about flamingo from Gardender in Series 19. The flamingo is a good idea so Road Runner could come in a new mold for Willie E Coyote. 

would the number of molds be per bag or per series?  Wouldn't it be logical to think that since there are only 12 minifigs, that there would be the same number of molds, but spread across fewer figures, allowing for mulitple molds in one bag?

This kind of thing for tweety would be perfect (size wise... But of course change the mould to better suit the shape of tweety) 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sxsrf=ALeKk02OOV_8rXLG57pZnJD1S4tkddGbAg%3A1601549802510&ei=6rV1X7ziHuuM1fAP-cqzsAY&q=lego+bird+animal+mold&oq=lego+bird+animal+mold&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAMyBQghEKABOgQIABBHOgQIIxAnOgIIADoICAAQFhAKEB46BggAEBYQHjoFCAAQkQI6BwgAEBQQhwI6BAgAEAo6BwghEAoQoAE6BAghEBU6CAghEBYQHRAeUMhaWM-FAWDXhwFoAHABeACAAX6IAaAJkgEEMTIuMpgBAKABAcgBCMABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#imgrc=qW7BAdUE_i9CRM

If they can make that bird, they can do tweety no problem. 

I'm really looking forward to this theme of cmf, hoping they get the main ones down at least (including taz) 

Edited by Fuppylodders

11 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

This kind of thing for tweety would be perfect (size wise... But of course change the mould to better suit the shape of tweety) 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sxsrf=ALeKk02OOV_8rXLG57pZnJD1S4tkddGbAg%3A1601549802510&ei=6rV1X7ziHuuM1fAP-cqzsAY&q=lego+bird+animal+mold&oq=lego+bird+animal+mold&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAMyBQghEKABOgQIABBHOgQIIxAnOgIIADoICAAQFhAKEB46BggAEBYQHjoFCAAQkQI6BwgAEBQQhwI6BAgAEAo6BwghEAoQoAE6BAghEBU6CAghEBYQHRAeUMhaWM-FAWDXhwFoAHABeACAAX6IAaAJkgEEMTIuMpgBAKABAcgBCMABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp#imgrc=qW7BAdUE_i9CRM

If they can make that bird, they can do tweety no problem. 

I'm really looking forward to this theme of cmf, hoping they get the main ones down at least (including taz) 

I immediately just imaging a slightly different moulding of something like this guy. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=toy021#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

Edited by chris6507

I dunno how I feel about Tweety & RR being ‘accessories’.

... on one hand I can see them working: Tweety like Baby Groot, and RR like the flamingo. On the other, relative size differences didn’t stop Stitch, Chip & Dale, and others being produced as minifigures.

I can see a novel minifig working for RR, perhaps the satyr legs, a tail and modified headpiece, with a torso using the existing wing moulds. I wonder to what extent existing parts like the Disney duck tail, and the satyr legs will be used in this series. 

38 minutes ago, williejm said:

I dunno how I feel about Tweety & RR being ‘accessories’.

... on one hand I can see them working: Tweety like Baby Groot, and RR like the flamingo. On the other, relative size differences didn’t stop Stitch, Chip & Dale, and others being produced as minifigures.

Yeah, Goofy is about twice the size as Mickey yet both are almost the same height in minifigure form, then Chip and Dale only very slightly smaller.

40 minutes ago, williejm said:

I can see a novel minifig working for RR, perhaps the satyr legs, a tail and modified headpiece, with a torso using the existing wing moulds. I wonder to what extent existing parts like the Disney duck tail, and the satyr legs will be used in this series. 

They could almost do away with the torso completely and have a combined head/torso/neck that attaches on top of minifigure legs. Minifigure legs are way too fat of course. Whatever they do, if they do Road Runner, he will look weird - either trying to map him onto a LEGO-like minifigure or make him look non-LEGO like.

I understand the uncertainty about tweety being an accessory, but, for the sake of having sylvester as a minifig (my god I hope he is), tweety just wouldn't be right unless he was a tiny 1 stud animal mould, and as @chris6507 linked, that mould as a 1 stud thing would be almost perfect! Tweety as a minifig just wouldn't feel right to me. He's a tiny bird and just comes hand in hand with sylvester. You want to be able to have tweety 'held' in one of sylvester hands/paws... Just wouldn't work well if tweety was minifig sized.

As for road runner, again, I think he'd work best as a mould similar to the ostrich, which is already close to what road runner could look like. Just give that ostrich mould a larger taller tail of feathers, fluffed feathers on its head and it'd work flawlessly alongside a minifig of wile e coyote. As an actual minifigure though, some might prefer it, but I think some things should be left as an animal mould, and roadrunner is definitely one of them. 

Although just my opinion of course 

Edited by Fuppylodders

16 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

I understand the uncertainty about tweety being an accessory, but, for the sake of having sylvester as a minifig (my god I hope he is), tweety just wouldn't be right unless he was a tiny 1 stud animal mould, and as @chris6507 linked, that mould as a 1 stud thing would be almost perfect! Tweety as a minifig just wouldn't feel right to me. He's a tiny bird and just comes hand in hand with sylvester. You want to be able to have tweety 'held' in one of sylvester hands/paws... Just wouldn't work well if tweety was minifig sized.

What would work is Tweety Pie as both an accessory and a minifig. So he could come as an accessory with Sylvester and as a minifigure for using in stand alone situations.

On 9/25/2020 at 3:10 PM, Dr.Cogg said:

1. Bugs Bunny

2. Daffy Duck

3. Porky Pig

4. Sylvester Cat

5. Elmer Fudd

6. Yosemite Sam

7. Foghorn Leghorn

8. Tweety Bird

9. Marvin the Martian

10. Wile E. Coyote 

11. Road Runner

12. Granny

I am guessing you are very close.  I would imagine Tweety will be an accessory to Granny.  Granny by herself is not that exciting to the target audience.  Having Tweety be her accessory would certainly sweeten the pot.   In Tweety's place, add Speedy Gonzalez.  Road Runner as its own minifig is going to look like a theme park character costume, and would likely be as tall as Wile E Coyote.  Therefore, I would imagine Road Runner would be an accessory.  In it's place, Tazmanian Devil could work.  All others seem like a shoo in to me.  

Edited by AFOLguy1970
Adding content

4 hours ago, MAB said:

What would work is Tweety Pie as both an accessory and a minifig. So he could come as an accessory with Sylvester and as a minifigure for using in stand alone situations.

Perfect solution. So we can be certain, it won´t happen :´D

3 hours ago, MAB said:

Don't talk nonsense, that would mean everyone wins and would be happy! Can't have everyone pleased and upset the balance now, can we :laugh:

In all seriousness, that would be a solid idea. But, I can't see them doing it :sad: