Robert8

Looney Tunes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Let's hope the rumor turns out to be true, but it doesn't make too much sense...

Edited by JintaiZ

At this point with set number, price and all, I'd say is 99% happening for sure

Especially because it comes from Promobricks

I think the number of slots is interesting. In one way it makes total sense, so they don’t have to go into more obscure characters, which still need exclusive moulds. On the other hand, it means that the roster will be very limited and we are likely to have some disappointing omissions. 

Bugs, Daffy, Porky, Elmer, Sam, Sylvester, Tweety, Taz, Marvin, WileE, Roadrunner, Foghorn, Pepe & Speedy = 14.

can’t see any of them not requiring at least one custom mould.
Also, it’s going to be very male heavy, if not entirely male. I wonder if that would be offset somehow?

15 minutes ago, williejm said:

I think the number of slots is interesting. In one way it makes total sense, so they don’t have to go into more obscure characters, which still need exclusive moulds. On the other hand, it means that the roster will be very limited and we are likely to have some disappointing omissions. 

Bugs, Daffy, Porky, Elmer, Sam, Sylvester, Tweety, Taz, Marvin, WileE, Roadrunner, Foghorn, Pepe & Speedy = 14.

can’t see any of them not requiring at least one custom mould.
Also, it’s going to be very male heavy, if not entirely male. I wonder if that would be offset somehow?

Roadrunner and tweety can be accesories..

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

At this point with set number, price and all, I'd say is 99% happening for sure

Especially because it comes from Promobricks

What's 71029?

21 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Roadrunner and tweety can be accesories..

Which would then mean that some of the CMFs had two or more unique moulds - I’m intrigued how that works. In the past where moulded heads happened in Simpsons & Disney, the accessories tended to be simple, lacklustre, and existing parts. Big mould accessories only happened with series 2 of Simpsons, in characters which didn’t need any new moulds 

15 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

What's 71029?

The CMF series that releases next January, whatever that is

But at this point only Series 21 makes sense as the January series. 

So, it would be

71029 January - Series 21

71030 May - Looney Tunes

This rumour seems to have legs...

I honestly thought this is just wild speculation only. But this keeps on reappearing. As the saying goes, there is no smoke without fire.

8 hours ago, Franken said:

Any chances we might get Space Jam 2 sets as well? 

Great call. And we know Lego are no stranger to basketball sets...

If Lego is going to invest in new molds for (almost all) these LT CMF characters, wouldn’t they already have a plan to incorporate them in future sets somehow? Simpson’s has some large stand alone sets plus 2 CMF series. Does having sets in addition to the CMF series seem logical for Loony Tunes? 

Edited by BitByBrick

I’m not sure about Tweety. I mean, is it weird to see Tweety in a normal minifigure form while in reality, she is a very small bird? Maybe Tweety could be a new small mold as  accessory for Slyester? It would be weird to see Tweety’s minfigure size. 

2 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not sure about Tweety. I mean, is it weird to see Tweety in a normal minifigure form while in reality, she is a very small bird? Maybe Tweety could be a new small mold as  accessory for Slyester? It would be weird to see Tweety’s minfigure size. 

Something in the style of Toy Story 4's Ducky might work:

toy021.png

36 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

He. Looney Tunes is very much a male dominated field. I would be very surprised to see Tweety as anything but a small mould.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Something in the style of Toy Story 4's Ducky might work:

toy021.png

I like your suggestion/idea. It could work. 

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

He. Looney Tunes is very much a male dominated field. I would be very surprised to see Tweety as anything but a small mould.

True! Don’t forget - Lola and Granny. And some wacky witch I can’t remember her name... I would be very surspied to not see a lot of female Looney Tune characters in that series.

8 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

And some wacky witch I can’t remember her name

Hazel!

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I like your suggestion/idea. It could work. 

True! Don’t forget - Lola and Granny. And some wacky witch I can’t remember her name... I would be very surspied to not see a lot of female Looney Tune characters in that series.

I’d go with Granny and Tweety, as Sylvester can have an accessory for when he tries to get Tweety off her. I just had a look at the roster, and essentially it’s Granny, Witch Hazel, Miss Prissie, Penelope Pussycat, and variations of Bugs’s girlfriend against a whole heap of male characters. To be fair though, not many of them are particularly aspirational. Except Marvin.

12 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I think short legs would be fine for Tweety Pie as it gives the impression he is smaller. Gandalf is twice the height of Frodo yet they made traditional figures work. Although a small mould would be fine although lack some detail.

12 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not sure about Tweety. I mean, is it weird to see Tweety in a normal minifigure form while in reality, she is a very small bird? 

What?

Tweety is...... male, doesn't it?

As far as I remember

As far as I remember Tweety has a male voice in the cartoons... wait, why are we even discussing about gender?

We're discussing about moulds, right? :sceptic:

11 hours ago, makoy said:

As far as I remember Tweety has a male voice in the cartoons... wait, why are we even discussing about gender?

LOl, i agree with you! We are definitely discussing about new molds here! 

14 hours ago, makoy said:

Have you not seen the trivial things that make up the 600+ pages of the Harry Potter thread? Moulds are an obvious point of discussion, but the makeup of the roster is just as important. Lego is all about diversity, and this is one IP where one form of diversity is lacking (gender), but is rife in others (mental disorders, speech disorders, tics, quirks, and fetishes). As it is difficult to represent the latter in a visual (or sympathetic) form, they will need to put emphasis on the former. It’s just as relevant.