Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[COR-MC] The WTC Storms the Beach!

Type: Minichallenge

Category A

The WTC, though late to the party, was determined to make its mark on the Beaches of Tortuga. 

50312558127_457d7a3c5f_z.jpg

Dolphin was roasted...

50311716653_1262395ee5_z.jpg

...and a Oleander was pickpocketed for good measure...

50312558222_9a77cd4af3_z.jpg

Later: (Category B)

"It's perfect"

50312695932_42170b9360_z.jpg

And so, the WTC finished a small sandcastle of their 'classic' qualty.

50312522141_112814948f_z.jpg

Meanwhile, the rowboat was loaded with some goods the Marines had 'found', The Dock was blown up, and the Oleander's sandcastle was kicked over for good measure. 

It was a good time all around. 

FIN

A last minute entry to @Professor Thaum 's awesome contest. Feel free to exclude it, as it is late, but I wanted to do something for it regardless. :pir-classic: The "B" part of the entry is a bit of a throwaway gag as to some of my older build's quality, as I have like no tan bricks at the moment. 

C&C appreciated!

Edited by Mesabi
revision for category "B"

I love it. However, I was hoping for you to put some TNT into other sandcastles, knowing your love for the stuff! :pir-laugh:

2 minutes ago, KotZ said:

That poor dolphin!:pir-laugh:

As everybody knows, dolphins are vile creatures, always planning to overthrow minifig-kind. Like horses actually!

I have to admit I was more than a little concerned when I read the topic heading! (probably your intention! :pir_laugh2: ) But it's all good and I really like the story which is both very piratical and WTC at the same time. The scenes depict your typical havoc quite well I think. Roasting the dolphin is a nice touch (words I never suspected I'd write)! Nice entry

3 hours ago, Darnok said:

As everybody knows, dolphins are vile creatures, always planning to overthrow minifig-kind. Like horses actually!

Don't get me started on that one... :pir_mad:

11 hours ago, KotZ said:

That poor dolphin!:pir-laugh:

Actually, Dolphin meat is a very rich meat apparently, due to all the blubber! :pir-laugh:

11 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

I love it. However, I was hoping for you to put some TNT into other sandcastles, knowing your love for the stuff! :pir-laugh:

Still need to get the TNT out of storage. Thanks!

11 hours ago, Darnok said:

...and don't even get me started about Sea Horses!

8 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I have to admit I was more than a little concerned when I read the topic heading! (probably your intention! :pir_laugh2: ) But it's all good and I really like the story which is both very piratical and WTC at the same time. The scenes depict your typical havoc quite well I think. Roasting the dolphin is a nice touch (words I never suspected I'd write)! Nice entry

Thanks @Ayrlego! Yeah, they have a little blowhole to fit a fire piece in so it looks like they're being cooked thoroughly! :pir-laugh:

7 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Don't get me started on that one... :pir_mad:

So I'm guessing you would say "Neeeeiiiiiiggggghhhhh" to eating horses? :pir_laugh2:

That poor dolphin!  (The Oleander on the other hand had it coming. :pir_tong2: )

A bit of CC :pir-grin:  - your pictures are all rotated at rather strange angles.  This should be pretty easy to fix.  I highly encourage you to take a look at the angles top-notch builders use to present their creations - take a look at the way Jonas Kramm presents his vignettes for instance.

19 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Mwahahahahahahaha... a very WTC one...

Indeed! Thanks for letting me enter late. :pir-classic:

16 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

That poor dolphin!  (The Oleander on the other hand had it coming. :pir_tong2: )

A bit of CC :pir-grin:  - your pictures are all rotated at rather strange angles.  This should be pretty easy to fix.  I highly encourage you to take a look at the angles top-notch builders use to present their creations - take a look at the way Jonas Kramm presents his vignettes for instance.

Thanks for the link! Now that you mention in, it does look a little crooked. That should be an easy fix for the next one, but do please call me on it if it's still crooked. I'm using phone, but I could definitely find something to stabilize it.

How dare you, attacking an Olean serviceman and vandalizing OL's castles, where are our troops?:pir_laugh2: