Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter One

dWj3VGR.jpg

"I think it's nearly time to turn in for bed!" 

This chapter will last for another 12 hours.

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

dWj3VGR.jpg

Lol bet he got two twos

At least that sounds like a bad hand to me IDK lol.

19 hours ago, Pandora said:

Charlotte moves to sit nearer Jack Mallory, to pick up their conversation from earlier, choosing a seat from which she can still see the card game.

"Mr Mallory, please forgive me if I have insulted you, I am merely unused to the concept of an author closely mimicking their creations. I must say, I am very glad you don't write books about serial killers in that case!" she giggles a little, thinking she's being very funny "So please, can you give me an early hint at what your next novel will be about? I am fascinated by your creative process."

Mallory eyes Charlotte with slight annoyance from the statement. How could an author NOT be their creattion? "Well, if one is to understand the great mystery one must study all its aspects. Get into their heads of the characters, no?" Mallory then laughed. "Serial killers? Oh no, they're too cliche to write about. Besides, there's only so much you can do with them before you have to send them off to th woods to be a lumberjack."

The author settled into a chair. "A hint of the next one? Well, strangely nough I haven't been thinking too much about it. Oh there's lots of ideas, just nothing sticking."

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

Mallory eyes Charlotte with slight annoyance from the statement. How could an author NOT be their creattion? "Well, if one is to understand the great mystery one must study all its aspects. Get into their heads of the characters, no?" Mallory then laughed. "Serial killers? Oh no, they're too cliche to write about. Besides, there's only so much you can do with them before you have to send them off to th woods to be a lumberjack."

The author settled into a chair. "A hint of the next one? Well, strangely nough I haven't been thinking too much about it. Oh there's lots of ideas, just nothing sticking."

"Then have them be stalked by a deadly bear - flip tables!

Oh, and make sure your next plot revolves around a secret mystery box that not even you know what's inside - I hear Hollywood loves that!"

6 hours ago, Bob said:

dWj3VGR.jpg

This chapter will last for another 12 hours.

6 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Lol bet he got two twos

At least that sounds like a bad hand to me IDK lol.

"Either that or he's realizing how high his bar tab has been tonight." Arthur smiles, "Hit me, Mr. Peck."

13 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"Jupiter fleet? We were in the same fleet? We called it the Jovian fleet. I must be quite a bit older than you I suppose, then. I was on the UES Juno."

Oblivious to social norms, Gabriella doesn't catch that the steward's naval history may be a touchy subject.

"What sort of bad luck? Ooops, I fell down kind or the Ooops, I banged the Captain's wife kind?"

She finishes off her scotch and picks up her fresh martini.

Arthur pauses as if trying to find the right words, "...more along the latter. Had a bit of a temper, didn't take disrespect lightly... One incident and an entire 20 year career down the drain."

On 9/10/2020 at 11:37 PM, Kristel said:

It was difficult choice given the eclectic mix of passengers on board, so I've drawn on some of my own personal favourites for this journey's inaugural evening meal.

"Thank you for your kind offer but I think the olives I'm snacking on have provided just enough fats and carbs to tide me over for tonight."

21 hours ago, Bob said:

He deals both Charlie and Arthur in, leaving the game open to more players.

"So I've found a king and an ace up my sleeve. Does that mean I win?"

2 hours ago, jimmynick said:

"So I've found a king and an ace up my sleeve. Does that mean I win?"

Yes, but I have a bazooka in my pants and threaten to blow you to pieces if you don't give me the win.

23 minutes ago, Trekkie99 said:

Yes, but I have a bazooka in my pants and threaten to blow you to pieces if you don't give me the win.

"I think you greatly overestimate the caliber of your pants pistol."

"Seeing as this is my wedding anniversary, you must understand that my talents are fully booked for the duration of the voyage. And forever thereafter." Emily glares in the dilettante artiste's direction. "And I think all that booze has rather dampened your powder for tonight anyway."

It was late at night, and the passengers headed off to bed, leaving the crew behind to clean up after the dinner service.

n7aLwci.jpg

A few hours later, all was quiet on the ship. Too quiet...Anything could happen.

This is the end of Chapter One. Chapter Two will be up tomorrow!