Bob

Mystery on the Excelsior - Chapter One

1 hour ago, Trekkie99 said:

Wha!- Oi! Why don't we kiss both each others megablocks while were at it egh?! I call you a damn good chef or whatever and you can call me a damn good painter! Oi I'm talking to you you fahking muffin head! I got a cool french hat to you know! It's called a beret and it's flat just like how I'm gonna "berate" your head flat with this here frying pan!... What?... I DON"T CARE IF IT"S A FAHKING "SAUTE" PAN!!!!!!!

Arthur makes an aside to Dr. Frost, "Doctor, you don't happen to carry mild sedatives with you, do you?"

45 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur makes an aside to Dr. Frost, "Doctor, you don't happen to carry mild sedatives with you, do you?" 

I did bring a variety of drugs along, but I'm afraid that most is locked in the ship's hold for the trip. Maybe an herbal tea would help for the time being? :sweet:

3 minutes ago, Fugazi said:

Maybe an herbal tea would help for the time being? :sweet:

Feed me that crap and this will be you doc.

4 hours ago, jimmynick said:

What constitutes a successful voyage, Captain? :look:

Getting the ship there and back in one undamaged piece. Oh, and most of the passengers, damage slightly more optional.

1 minute ago, Shadows said:

Getting the ship there and back in one undamaged piece. Oh, and most of the passengers, damage slightly more optional.

Just like when you crash your bike as a kid. Who cares if my head is bleeding look at the paint!!!

1 hour ago, Fugazi said:

I did bring a variety of drugs along, but I'm afraid that most is locked in the ship's hold for the trip. Maybe an herbal tea would help for the time being? :sweet:

"Duly noted, thank you doctor."

1 hour ago, Trekkie99 said:

Just like when you crash your bike as a kid. Who cares if my head is bleeding look at the paint!!!

"I do wonder how many crashes there were, Mr. Hudson..."

8 hours ago, Hinckley said:

I love Colin. :wub: can I please pet him? Or what’s the best way to make friends? I know where there are some big fat rats for him to chase! If you’ll allow me to take him to Engineering. 

Yes! You may absolutely pet him. If you stroke his mane and maybe offer him some food. Like a bit of steak or some apple juice. You could also give his belly a good rub, he loves that!

7 hours ago, Trekkie99 said:

Oh...heh heh. Right. Sorry mate. I'm just paritcular about me eggs. Guess I got a little uh...carried away...heh heh...nice kitty...pretty kitty...

Whooooaaaaaa, easy Colin easy. There's a good boy. 

12 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Arthur brings out the mimosa to Representative Sawyer "Your drink, Mam."

Ah, excellent thank you. Mmm, yes, this is very good, thank you Steward. I'll have another please.

12 hours ago, Kristel said:

I'm a world-renowned chef - I don't do pet food.

I beg you to reconsider Chef, I would rather the tiger dined on Fois Gras stuffed Autolahn than, well... us. :look: 

Speaking of, I would adore some of your world famous petit déjeuner à l'anglaise complete with brise-lames de saucisse for les haricots cuits au four please Chef Baker

*Wonders where the assumption comes from that I'm a French trained chef.  Opens Google translate.*

1 hour ago, Pandora said:

I beg you to reconsider Chef, I would rather the tiger dined on Fois Gras stuffed Autolahn than, well... us. :look: 

There's plenty of food on board so that no-one, including Colin, has to go hungry.  But I will not cook any meals for the animal.

1 hour ago, Pandora said:

Speaking of, I would adore some of your world famous petit déjeuner à l'anglaise complete with brise-lames de saucisse for les haricots cuits au four please Chef Baker

One full English breakfast coming up.

10 minutes ago, Kristel said:

There's plenty of food on board so that no-one, including Colin, has to go hungry.  But I will not cook any meals for the animal.

Who said he wanted you to cook? You just take this here eye of the round, and frisbee it in his general direction. Just don't hit anyone with it or he'll mix there head up with the steak while catching it in midair. HOH!!! Good catch that was!

31 minutes ago, Kristel said:

Yay! Colin loves you. He loves all of you. As Mr Hudson said, if you just toss the steak in the general direction of him he'll eat it. 

And any spare bones can be used to play fetch. He likes that.

7 hours ago, Tariq j said:

If you stroke his mane

Eh? Is he a lion or a tiger? I'm looking right at him and I'm not sure. Maybe a liger? I'll pet him anyway and throw him lots of raw steak and apple juice.

Hello Colin? Who's a good boy? Is it you? It is! You're toe tweet! Does you want a belly rubs? Do you? Oh, yes you do. Oh, good boy Colin, liger boy.

dWj3VGR.jpg

"What time is the lunch service? I'm starving and breakfast is still being served!"

33 minutes ago, Bob said:

"What time is the lunch service? I'm starving and breakfast is still being served!"

We have all day breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and support on this vessel (except when i'm sleeping, in which case you can take your chances with Arthur.  I haven't seen a clock yet.  Do we have a clock on board?  I have no idea what time it is supposed to be.  

Anyway, what would you like for lunch? 

23 hours ago, Bob said:

dWj3VGR.jpg

"Pardon? I'm not the captain, my name is Alfie. I'm just a passenger, like you." 

Tell us a lot about yourself, please. You know, in case you get murdered and we need to solve it. Do you know any of the other passengers?

23 hours ago, Bob said:

"Pardon? I'm not the captain, my name is Alfie. I'm just a passenger, like you." 

Ooops, your costume, it confused me.

I think I see a TV behind the bar where Gabriella is standing. Can we turn it on and catch the news?

20 hours ago, Pandora said:

Ah, excellent thank you. Mmm, yes, this is very good, thank you Steward. I'll have another please.

"Right away Mam."

7 hours ago, Kristel said:

We have all day breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and support on this vessel (except when i'm sleeping, in which case you can take your chances with Arthur.  I haven't seen a clock yet.  Do we have a clock on board?  I have no idea what time it is supposed to be.  

"There are several clocks, depending upon if you wish to know what the time is on earth, or Alpha Centauri, or any of the other known astronomical bodies. There's always the ship time as well, speaking of which..."

Arthur once more checks on the activities for the day.

While checking the schedule, Arthur stops at Ezra Perry's table. "Is there anything I can get you sir?"

12 hours ago, Bob said:

dWj3VGR.jpg

If you're that hungry you could always just have breakfast again while you're waiting for lunch. :sceptic: 

Charlotte watches the news on the screen in front of her.

Say, does anyone know if this ship has shuffleboard, or a cabaret or some kind of entertainment?

13 hours ago, Kristel said:

Anyway, what would you like for lunch? 

dWj3VGR.jpg

"I'll have whatever the standard fare is! I'm not too particular."

12 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Tell us a lot about yourself, please. You know, in case you get murdered and we need to solve it. Do you know any of the other passengers?

dWj3VGR.jpg

"What a strange question. :look: I'm not sure I like the suggestion, but I'm an inventor! I'm afraid I don't really know any of the other passengers personally, but I know of their work." 

5 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Right away Mam."

"There are several clocks, depending upon if you wish to know what the time is on earth, or Alpha Centauri, or any of the other known astronomical bodies. There's always the ship time as well, speaking of which..."

Arthur once more checks on the activities for the day.

While checking the schedule, Arthur stops at Ezra Perry's table. "Is there anything I can get you sir?"

XJ8hyoE.jpg

"No, thank you. I'd like to not be bothered." 

Ships activities for the first day consist of the meet and greet in the lounge, followed by a three course dinner, and finished with relaxing music in the lounge before the guests turn in for the night. 

21 hours ago, Hinckley said:

Eh? Is he a lion or a tiger? I'm looking right at him and I'm not sure. Maybe a liger? I'll pet him anyway and throw him lots of raw steak and apple juice.

Hello Colin? Who's a good boy? Is it you? It is! You're toe tweet! Does you want a belly rubs? Do you? Oh, yes you do. Oh, good boy Colin, liger boy.

Whoops, I meant fur. But Colin loves you! He's also looking forward to the three course meal this evening.

4 hours ago, Bob said:

dWj3VGR.jpg

"What a strange question. :look: I'm not sure I like the suggestion, but I'm an inventor! I'm afraid I don't really know any of the other passengers personally, but I know of their work." 

Oh, did we all turn in for the night? I wasn't done asking the NPCs questions.

*knock, knock, knock* Excuse me, Alfie or whoever? Hello, did I disturb you? The FTL drive's conduit runs right through your lavatory. I need to bang it with a wrench. Won't take more than a second.

So, what did you invent? Whose work are you familiar with? Are you a fan boy of Oliver Hudson? He's weird, right?

4 hours ago, Bob said:

XJ8hyoE.jpg

"No, thank you. I'd like to not be bothered." 

Ships activities for the first day consist of the meet and greet in the lounge, followed by a three course dinner, and finished with relaxing music in the lounge before the guests turn in for the night. 

*knock, knock, knock*

Hi Ezra, I'm aware you don't like to be bothered but the FTL drive has caused an invisible fire in your room. Only I can see it with my special glasses, so pardon me for a moment. Not too dangerous, I can blow the fires out like birthday candles. You're lucky I'm here. You could've been severely invisibly burned! So, tell me about yourself? Don't like people much? I don't either. I love animals, though. You seem introverted, but how about you spill your guts to me anyway? Tell me everything. Specifically, if you know any of the other passengers or crew and how.

zNfe8Dd.jpg

*knock, knock, knock*

Hello, Jason Falcon. Sorry to bother you. You seem familiar, like I played you in a former life or something, whatever that means. The FTL drive is leaking poisonous gas into your cabin. I'll just need to adjust some valves and doohickies located in your closet. Are you hiding anything in there you don't want anyone to see? If so, grab it real quick before I get to work. And tell me what it is your hiding, while you're at it. And maybe you could tell me all about yourself real quick. That would be nice. I have a lot of valves to turn, so I'll be here for a while. May as well tell me your life story while I'm at it. Specifically, has any part of your life revolved around any of the other passengers or crew? Did we bang at some point?

4HM4d8q.jpg

*knock, knock, knock*

Hi, Pierce. I'm looking for Colin's liger. I believe he's in the ventilation and seems to have stopped in the air intake in your floor. May I come in or would you rather be eaten by a liger? Tell me all about yourself, OK? Like what do you do for a living? Do you know any of the other passengers or crew?

15 hours ago, jimmynick said:

I think I see a TV behind the bar where Gabriella is standing. Can we turn it on and catch the news?

"Your wish is my command my dear!" Dawson attempts to change the channel.

16 hours ago, Hinckley said:

"My gosh, man! You will frighten the other passengers! Solve a murder? A mystery?

I signed on for a quiet celebration with my flower of a wife, not some thrilling exploration of a dark Starship in the middle of space against mysterious assassins!"

18 hours ago, Bob said:

dWj3VGR.jpg

"... I will try and help the chef cook dinner!"

24 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"My gosh, man! You will frighten the other passengers! Solve a murder? A mystery?

I’m a woman, you block of wood. And I’m not a passenger, I’m the engineer and I’m trying to keep the FTL drive functioning properly by nosing my way into people’s cabins. And I find it soothing asking them about themselves while I work. I don’t like people but uncomfortable silences are worse. You don’t know many blue collar workers, do you, Mr. Frilly-Pants?

30 minutes ago, Hinckley said:

I’m a woman, you block of wood. And I’m not a passenger, I’m the engineer and I’m trying to keep the FTL drive functioning properly by nosing my way into people’s cabins. And I find it soothing asking them about themselves while I work. I don’t like people but uncomfortable silences are worse. You don’t know many blue collar workers, do you, Mr. Frilly-Pants?

"Fair enough on the silences– please do not take my remarks as being dismissive- I am very grateful to be on this voyage...

I know several- I know you... Now!

6 hours ago, Bob said:

meet and greet

Oh! Whom haven't I met? I don't think I've given Colin a widdle pat yet, that should be the next item on my agenda. Aside from him... I must say I don't know very many of you well at all! Dr. Frost, Ms. Young and Mr. Mallory all come to mind. Why are all of you on board this fine vessel? I'm here because dear Georgie is taking me on holiday to Alpha Centauri!

1 hour ago, Lind Whisperer said:

I am very grateful to be on this voyage

Me too, daaaaahling!