JintaiZ

10275 Elf Clubhouse

2 hours ago, MAB said:

Possibly. I think they have already turned off the people that were into the traditional winter village with the more fantasy based sets. If they went back to more traditional now, there is no longer the feel that you need them all. So even though some people may pick up future ones if they are traditional, the consistency of the theme is lost. If a future one is OK but not great, if a collector had them all then they might still buy it just because. But now, if they have skipped some due to changing focus of the theme, they might skip that one too.

I think the key things for this series are that it is fun and seasonal -the more whimsical editions like last years I thinkvsit quite while in a traditional village as an attraction like what you see at winter wonderland in Hyde park or Manchester xmas market ..

I like it, especially if it does not go north of $99.  Since it is not a Disney license, there is no reason why it cannot stay at the $99 level.  It blends well with the Gingerbread House to the point where it is likely the neighbor.  It will be interesting to see what the interior is like.  As for the reindeer, the sight of me makes me feel like Lego is planning some type of future set with a proper Santa sleigh.  I can see maybe a future set with four of those reindeer so that you will have to buy 2 to get the full 8 (not counting Rudolph).  Nevertheless, the reindeer will probably be the most lucrative Bricklink part in this set.  

The WV Fireman Station was revealed on a Sunday I think ? Or maybe we get the press release the same day it goes on sale for VIP’s in the 23rd? 

Looks like a winner to me .... interested to see how the elves seem to get booted out of bed and the log burner / oven looks cute , will look good against the Workshop !?

OK $99-good.  I get paid on September 25, two days after release, so hopefully it will not go temporary out of stock by then.  I can live with backorder since my order is still taken.  

The interior looks fine.  Not too much on the inside, but it looks fine.  The more I think about it, I can see next year's set having something to do with Santa.  Elf Clubhouse does work fine as a standalone set, but there are probably a large number of people who are just now getting into WV and missed out on the Santa Workshop a few years ago.  If you have elves, you are going to want to have Santa in some capacity.  Others have already mentioned that the brick built reindeer will clash with the molded one if you combine those sets.   I really think that some type of sleigh set with 4-8 molded reindeer is on the horizon.  It could be some other part of the "North Pole" other than the workshop/house along with the sleigh.  Maybe a reindeer barn?

Back to this one--I like the elves, the design of the house, and the details.  Holiday fantasy does not bother me--I prefer to see this as the "North Pole" and not a theme park type of deal.  

17 minutes ago, Flippi01 said:

Looks like a winner to me .... interested to see how the elves seem to get booted out of bed and the log burner / oven looks cute , will look good against the Workshop !?

Probably :)

40 minutes ago, CDM said:

Yes!!!!

58 minutes ago, BrickJohn said:

Nvm.

My apologies, but didn't understand your message

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 8:13 AM, AFOLguy1970 said:

I like it, especially if it does not go north of $99.  Since it is not a Disney license, there is no reason why it cannot stay at the $99 level.  It blends well with the Gingerbread House to the point where it is likely the neighbor.  It will be interesting to see what the interior is like.  As for the reindeer, the sight of me makes me feel like Lego is planning some type of future set with a proper Santa sleigh.  I can see maybe a future set with four of those reindeer so that you will have to buy 2 to get the full 8 (not counting Rudolph).  Nevertheless, the reindeer will probably be the most lucrative Bricklink part in this set.  

I think $99 is a bit high when you compare it to the Gingerbread house... but not entirely unreasonable here.

Edited by JintaiZ

Think the price is ok same as fire station here in UK and that was a few years ago now ....

love the designers other work on retro computers etc so all in all keeps the theme alive and interesting in my humble opinion...

Looks good! I love the new Elf torso print - it’s gorgeous. I will definitely be swapping the torsos with those in the workshop though, so they are wearing uniforms at work and casual clothes at the clubhouse.  The waffle press is a fun idea and I like the gift wrapping station. I had just bricklinked pieces to make a gift wrapping station for the workshop; I guess there will be two (in my village) now!!

The building is the perfect fit for the winter village aesthetic. Overall I’m very pleased. 

17 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

Think the price is ok same as fire station here in UK and that was a few years ago now ....

love the designers other work on retro computers etc so all in all keeps the theme alive and interesting in my humble opinion...

But the size of it...

14 hours ago, alsielou said:

Looks good! I love the new Elf torso print - it’s gorgeous. I will definitely be swapping the torsos with those in the workshop though, so they are wearing uniforms at work and casual clothes at the clubhouse.  The waffle press is a fun idea and I like the gift wrapping station. I had just bricklinked pieces to make a gift wrapping station for the workshop; I guess there will be two (in my village) now!!

The building is the perfect fit for the winter village aesthetic. Overall I’m very pleased. 

Same here :)

Alright... I just wanted to be clear about my thoughts. $99 didn't seem like a bad price at first, but now that I realized the size of it, I feel like $84 would be more appropriate...

Already ordered mine. Wanted to wait for a nice xmas GWP but patience is not my strength :

Also did some modelling in studio and ordered some parts to build the missing wall.

It will get also some LEDs so it will looks even brighter :) 

Some renders of the finished model 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145728920@N06/50374542133/in/album-72157716089196452/

Edited by mirecg

My wife and I had a good look at the set yesterday and have decided against it.   We have many WV sets already but not the fantasy sets and I think this set would be great if you already have the Santa's workshop but would look a bit random alongside the other "real life" based sets.  A couple of others factors have also helped swing us against this release - seems a little small compared to other WV buildings, and as usual the UK pricing isn't great. 

I note Lego is still selling the WV Gingerbread house and fire station on the website, I wonder if those weren't great sellers first time around.  The gingerbread house is priced the same in the UK and looks a better set for the money if I were going to spend £85.

Starting to feel a bit out of love with the WV releases the last few years.  There isn't any consistency in theme or design.  Eg the fire station vehicle isn't same time period as the other WV sets, and little things like all the lampposts have different designs, and the endless inclusion of xmas trees in every set. 

5 hours ago, SimonCK said:

My wife and I had a good look at the set yesterday and have decided against it.   We have many WV sets already but not the fantasy sets and I think this set would be great if you already have the Santa's workshop but would look a bit random alongside the other "real life" based sets.  A couple of others factors have also helped swing us against this release - seems a little small compared to other WV buildings, and as usual the UK pricing isn't great. 

I note Lego is still selling the WV Gingerbread house and fire station on the website, I wonder if those weren't great sellers first time around.  The gingerbread house is priced the same in the UK and looks a better set for the money if I were going to spend £85.

Starting to feel a bit out of love with the WV releases the last few years.  There isn't any consistency in theme or design.  Eg the fire station vehicle isn't same time period as the other WV sets, and little things like all the lampposts have different designs, and the endless inclusion of xmas trees in every set. 

Then creativity is what WV is about!!!

Edited by JintaiZ

12 hours ago, SimonCK said:

all the lampposts have different designs, 

Strangely enough, showcasing a different type of lamp with each set was one of the aims for the winter village collection, as part of the whole ‘creator’ philosophy. After I read that (apparently from an interview with a Lego designer, years ago), I appreciated the different lamp designs and look forward to seeing what they come up with each year!! That said, there’s no lamp in the Clubhouse set,..!  If there was, the light from it would probably make it more difficult to see the stars at night with the telescope. 

16 hours ago, SimonCK said:

I’ll start by saying I hate the different lampposts. Putting them all together, it really bugs me. No street has that many different posts... that’s the one thing that always bothered me about this theme. 

As to selling the previous year(s) sets...that’s usually how it goes. At least I remember it being that way early on. And I bought the train the year after...once I got the station, obviously I needed a train for it. As to size, all the buildings except for the Cottage are small. With the prior two being medium I’d say. And Christmas trees...of course these sets are going to include them, it’s Christmas.

I can understand how the more fantasy buildings don’t appeal to many. All those Christmas villages that were made of porcelain or what have you were always real life storefronts & such. 

10 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I’ll start by saying I hate the different lampposts. Putting them all together, it really bugs me. No street has that many different posts... that’s the one thing that always bothered me about this theme.

The mismatching lampposts are kind of obnoxious. I picked up a couple of these polybags to consolidate styles to get a consistent one or two lamp designs in the "public" spaces. I'm not really bothered by mismatching lamps on the cottage, gingerbread house, etc. It's not ideal to spend more money but if it bothers you consider picking up a couple bags before they go EOL (which I think they are scheduled for soon).

12 hours ago, Vindicare said:

As to selling the previous year(s) sets...that’s usually how it goes. At least I remember it being that way early on. And I bought the train the year after...once I got the station, obviously I needed a train for it. As to size, all the buildings except for the Cottage are small. With the prior two being medium I’d say. And Christmas trees...of course these sets are going to include them, it’s Christmas.

I can understand how the more fantasy buildings don’t appeal to many. All those Christmas villages that were made of porcelain or what have you were always real life storefronts & such. 

But Santa's Workshop was quite well received...

6 hours ago, CDM said:

The mismatching lampposts are kind of obnoxious. I picked up a couple of these polybags to consolidate styles to get a consistent one or two lamp designs in the "public" spaces. I'm not really bothered by mismatching lamps on the cottage, gingerbread house, etc. It's not ideal to spend more money but if it bothers you consider picking up a couple bags before they go EOL (which I think they are scheduled for soon).

Ooh, that’s a good idea. I actually started getting some of the bits to make the posts from the Cottage, as that one feels old timey & I like the ribbon on it. I don’t mind them on the fantasy buildings as much though. 

5 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

But Santa's Workshop was quite well received...

I love, and own, all of them. I’m not in the camp of disliking the fantasy ones, but I can see how those are less appealing than others. Although a Santa’s Workshop is a given where Christmas themed buildings are concerned, so maybe that played a part. 

5 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Ooh, that’s a good idea. I actually started getting some of the bits to make the posts from the Cottage, as that one feels old timey & I like the ribbon on it. I don’t mind them on the fantasy buildings as much though. 

The lamps that comes with the Cottage are definitely great! Kudos to the designers! :pir-huzzah2:

Just to say, I'm a bit surprised it still didn't sell out yet. WV sets usually sells out on day 1 (Perhaps not 10249...)

33 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Just to say, I'm a bit surprised it still didn't sell out yet. WV sets usually sells out on day 1 (Perhaps not 10249...)

I was actually talking with some friends over it yesterday, and we all reach one conclusion of why we didn't bought it day one like the Gingerbread House... No GWP was what made us wait for something like Double Points or another GWP that has nothing to do with WV theme. But I will get it for sure before Christmas.

4 hours ago, Marinho said:

I was actually talking with some friends over it yesterday, and we all reach one conclusion of why we didn't bought it day one like the Gingerbread House... No GWP was what made us wait for something like Double Points or another GWP that has nothing to do with WV theme. But I will get it for sure before Christmas.

That sure could be a reason, but still...