JintaiZ

10275 Elf Clubhouse

Just built this set today, here are some thoughts:

POSITIVES

• Love the reindeer, I need more!
  • The waffle cooker is awesome.
  • Some interesting building techniques at various place.

NEGATIVES

• Light brick felt unnecessary.
  • The brick built toys are getting boring.

I enjoyed the building experience but I like the Gingerbread house more.  It's called club house but feel a little bit quiet.  More Elfs would be welcomed.  The action feature on the waffle make though, it's brilliant.  And I absolutely loved the reindeer, Can't wait to buy more of these!

It’s a great set and I am enjoying builds no it , slowly ! I am finding the black background instructions very hard to read though ..

Euw, black background instructions? That does sounds difficult to read. I didn’t realise that that was part of the new 18+ marketing... is it?

2 hours ago, alsielou said:

Euw, black background instructions? That does sounds difficult to read. I didn’t realise that that was part of the new 18+ marketing... is it?

I just took a peek at a review that showed them(briefly). That’s a first. I have a few of the 18+ sets & no black on them.

@Pchan1983 How did the instructions read to you? 

Edited by Vindicare

43 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

How did the instructions read to you? 

I didn't notice the instruction is black background until mentioned here so I guess it was alright.  I built the set during the day though so may be a brighter environment helps a bit.

Thanks everyone for their lovely comments :wink:

For those who have purchased the set, enjoy!!!!!

21 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

It’s a great set and I am enjoying builds no it , slowly ! I am finding the black background instructions very hard to read though ..

Absolutely. Enjoy the set!

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 7:08 AM, goceltic67 said:

We have ordered our set 

One of the best looking Lego sets I've ever seen 

Happy building!!!

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 11:24 PM, Pchan1983 said:

I enjoyed the building experience but I like the Gingerbread house more.

Gingerbread House was great and hard to beat...

47 minutes ago, Flippi01 said:

My only criticism having enjoyed building it a lot s that the bunk beds are pretty plain and could do with more detail !!

Right. It should have been covered with tiles. Good thing is you can easily modify it :wink:

Now I'm still on the fence about getting this set... It's a really fun set, but I realized that you can get the Gingerbread House for the same price...

Definitely not a fan of the black printed instructions having now used them in a mixture of lights they are for myself not easy to follow !

5 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

Definitely not a fan of the black printed instructions having now used them in a mixture of lights they are for myself not easy to follow !

But that might be the future of 18+ sets...

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

But that might be the future of 18+ sets...

Hopefully they will be responsive to feedback as I often have to work in less than ideal lighting conditions.  Sometimes, I had difficulty in the past with instructions, especially if there were colors used that were looked fairly close to me on the printed instructions (such as LBG vs DBG or various greens).  

1 minute ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Hopefully they will be responsive to feedback as I often have to work in less than ideal lighting conditions.  Sometimes, I had difficulty in the past with instructions, especially if there were colors used that were looked fairly close to me on the printed instructions (such as LBG vs DBG or various greens).  

Me too. The good thing is Ideas sets still uses white background. But I'm really surprised that 75274 TIE Fighter Pilot uses black background...

10 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

I’ve sometimes had issues with that too. No problem with the black background building this set. It was quite an enjoyable build. I love the little sleigh- the boosters are fantastic. I love the shape of the building more now that I have it in hand, but it does feel a bit small... the wrapping station is a great detail, I like how they designed that. Side builds are fun. I can appreciate the tree, this one has a nice different look using those 1x2 plates with cheese as the bulk of it. Not upset at the torsos being the same either, love the print & elves usually do match. Some other color hats would be welcome though. Hopefully there’s still some in the socially distanced BaM towers. 

13 hours ago, Myprecious said:

I think next year they should do the Griswold house from national Lampoons Christmas Vacation.  Winnebago included.

Could be a great Lego Ideas set, like the Home Alone McCallister's House (which will hopefully be released soon, in time for building this year's Winter Village display!)

We'll see tomorrow but I'm guessing they sold through their VIP allotment and a general allotment will go on sale Oct 1. It's generally bad form to state an on-sale date and then not have any to sell. Even worse form to oversell to VIPs and have none for general sale. I'd be shocked if this doesn't come back in stock for release day. Now how quickly it goes out again is another story. In any case, I'm still holding off on buying until Nov GWP.

Edited by CDM

15 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

Supply issues or just very popular ..? 

Popular set...

22 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Out of Stock in the US with no option for backorder. Thanks, October 1 nutcracker :angry:

It will go back in stock eventually ;)

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

Popular set...

It will go back in stock eventually ;)

Also supply issues, otherwise they would at least allow you to backorder it.  

9 hours ago, CDM said:

We'll see tomorrow but I'm guessing they sold through their VIP allotment and a general allotment will go on sale Oct 1. It's generally bad form to state an on-sale date and then not have any to sell. Even worse form to oversell to VIPs and have none for general sale. I'd be shocked if this doesn't come back in stock for release day. Now how quickly it goes out again is another story. In any case, I'm still holding off on buying until Nov GWP.

I sure hope your theory is correct.  My wife also seems to think this is a possibility.  Guess we will find out in a few hours.  Considering that it has been on the website tagged as "coming soon available Oct 1" on the website and will surely be in the catalog, it would definitely send a bad message if you could not at least backorder.  "Temporarily Out of Stock" would force me to continuously check stock until it is available.  This has been a real issue in some other categories as well--especially Star Wars.  I finally save up for one of the big OT sets and none of them are in stock either.  

1 hour ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Also supply issues, otherwise they would at least allow you to backorder it.  

I sure hope your theory is correct.  My wife also seems to think this is a possibility.  Guess we will find out in a few hours.  Considering that it has been on the website tagged as "coming soon available Oct 1" on the website and will surely be in the catalog, it would definitely send a bad message if you could not at least backorder.  "Temporarily Out of Stock" would force me to continuously check stock until it is available.  This has been a real issue in some other categories as well--especially Star Wars.  I finally save up for one of the big OT sets and none of them are in stock either.  

Amazon may have it tomorrow, you never know!!

Well, it changed to Backorders accepted, will ship in 60 days.” Looks like it may not be available.

3 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Well, it changed to Backorders accepted, will ship in 60 days.” Looks like it may not be available.

Wow, thats crazy. On the danish site its also on backorder, but it will ship within a week, and then a banner says they will include an surprise gift ?

1 hour ago, jpx said:

Wow, thats crazy. On the danish site its also on backorder, but it will ship within a week, and then a banner says they will include an surprise gift ?

What gift? Random polybag I'm assuming?