JintaiZ

10275 Elf Clubhouse

11 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

does it have a light brick ?

Yes sir!

Just like all winter village sets

3 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

I never had a winter village set before and this one has my interest.But I'll wait for the Sesame Street set to be revealed before buying this one.

Don't worry. Your wallet won't hurt much if you want it.

16 hours ago, MAB said:

Surely in a LEGO City the brick built reindeer are the real ones, the moulded deer is the cheesy rooftop decoration! :-)

This only works if there's a hidden light brick to power brick-built Rudolph's nose :wink:

18 hours ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

I think so Im sure I saw the battery included logo 

Yep, and the battery costs about 1 dollar!

18 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

As others have pointed out am before, the one reindeer isn’t sufficient to justify buying this set at the estimated price. Also, disappointing the elf figures are all the same where it wouldn’t have been difficult to provide new coloured headgear, torso prints.

That's just my personal opinion, but I think $99 would be a fair price.

2 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

That's just my personal opinion, but I think $99 would be a fair price.

From what we've seen thus far, $99 seems like a fair ballpark.  I might go as high as $120 (MSRP, then wait for decent Amazon discount or higher-end GWP from Lego before actually getting one personally) but an MSRP much higher than that would start to be issue in my book.  Like the Gingerbread House, it looks like the piece count is inflated with lots of little parts (which is great for detail, but bad for figuring pennies per piece market "value").

Just now, ShaydDeGrai said:

From what we've seen thus far, $99 seems like a fair ballpark.  I might go as high as $120 (MSRP, then wait for decent Amazon discount or higher-end GWP from Lego before actually getting one personally) but an MSRP much higher than that would start to be issue in my book.  Like the Gingerbread House, it looks like the piece count is inflated with lots of little parts (which is great for detail, but bad for figuring pennies per piece market "value").

If it's actually $120, I'd prefer to spend my money on CNY Temple Fair, but for $99 I'll probably purchase it soon.

Yep, the gingerbread house does contain a lot of small pieces, but it's a cool set nonetheless :)

Every time I come back to this page the poll reappears for me to fill in again. I don’t recall that happening on other polls on Eurobricks? I’m logged in. 

Not too long to wait for official pics now. Really keen to see the interior of this set!!

Set looks ok, was hoping for a non fantasy offering this year.  IMO this is not very original and does not look like a lot of design time was spent on this.  That said, just build the Barracuda Bay 21322 and it was fantastic.  Looking at pricing, two club houses vs the bay....no where close. 21322 is so much a better deal.  The build, display, just having it in your collection just so out performs 10275.  One exception is if you don't like pirates....but even if you don't this really is a amazing set!

Unless this interior of this build is amassing sticking with my statement of disappointed in 10275.  Their are so many other great sets out my holiday Lego spending will be on other themes.  I hope TLG regroups and decides to put more effort into the WV theme.  IMO putting 18+ on the box does not offset a subpar design.

Additional: If you like this set great.  Happy they made it for you.  As stated above, TLG has really come out with some winning sets this year and IMO this is not on par with them.  Have come to expect more from the WV theme.  Maybe I need to lower my expectations.  

Edited by LegoDW
to negative

1 hour ago, DodgeDude5498 said:

Love this set! So much better then previous ones like the firehouse, especially price wise!

Me too :)

1 hour ago, LegoDW said:

Set looks ok, was hoping for a non fantasy offering this year.  IMO this is not very original and does not look like a lot of design time was spent on this.  That said, just build the Barracuda Bay 21322 and it was fantastic.  Looking at pricing, two club houses vs the bay....no where close. 21322 is so much a better deal.  The build, display, just having it in your collection just so out performs 10275.  One exception is if you don't like pirates....but even if you don't this really is a amazing set!

Unless this interior of this build is amassing sticking with my statement of disappointed in 10275.  Their are so many other great sets out my holiday Lego spending will be on other themes.  I hope TLG regroups and decides to put more effort into the WV theme.  IMO putting 18+ on the box does not offset a subpar design.

Additional: If you like this set great.  Happy they made it for you.  As stated above, TLG has really come out with some winning sets this year and IMO this is not on par with them.  Have come to expect more from the WV theme.  Maybe I need to lower my expectations.  

I'd prefer a non-fantasy one. I can't help but enjoy the design.

21 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

Yes totally agree re interiors what do we reckon for press release Monday ? 

Fingers crossed ;)

Meh... This is just not right. Last years no proper residental buildings or cottages for the villagers. Train station, was last "ok" building. Then Fire Station (why???), and then This? C'mon Lego... 

2 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

Meh... This is just not right. Last years no proper residental buildings or cottages for the villagers. Train station, was last "ok" building. Then Fire Station (why???), and then This? C'mon Lego... 

I am not feeling much love for this years set - personally I think it looks fun and can’t wait to see the interior details I also feel these more whimsical jovial sets are the future for the theme ..?

11 hours ago, Flippi01 said:

I am not feeling much love for this years set - personally I think it looks fun and can’t wait to see the interior details I also feel these more whimsical jovial sets are the future for the theme ..?

I hope not. I can’t even think of any further additions to the fantasy side that are even remotely logical, yet there are so many options for the realistic winter village.

I can’t believe there is still no press release! Maybe it will be like Diagon Alley and be revealed just hours before it becomes available for purchase. 

2 minutes ago, alsielou said:

I hope not. I can’t even think of any further additions to the fantasy side that are even remotely logical, yet there are so many options for the realistic winter village.

I can’t believe there is still no press release! Maybe it will be like Diagon Alley and be revealed just hours before it becomes available for purchase

Diagon Alley was supposed to be a surprise.

I feel like the press release for this set will be coming soon ;)

14 hours ago, Blazej_Holen said:

I say this as someone who doesn’t MOC(or really MOD)...but the Gingerbread House is way enough to turn into a regular house. Even just taking away the candy bits from the exterior would go a long way. 

12 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

Diagon Alley was supposed to be a surprise.

I feel like the press release for this set will be coming soon ;)

still we wait it could drop in the next couple of hours or next couple of days ..?

13 minutes ago, Flippi01 said:

still we wait it could drop in the next couple of hours or next couple of days ..?

Probably

On 9/15/2020 at 12:33 PM, Flippi01 said:

Possibly. I think they have already turned off the people that were into the traditional winter village with the more fantasy based sets. If they went back to more traditional now, there is no longer the feel that you need them all. So even though some people may pick up future ones if they are traditional, the consistency of the theme is lost. If a future one is OK but not great, if a collector had them all then they might still buy it just because. But now, if they have skipped some due to changing focus of the theme, they might skip that one too.

1 hour ago, Flippi01 said:

definitely ... maybe !!

Friday is when it's usually officially revealed. I'd say a press release would be soon

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

Friday is when it's usually officially revealed. I'd say a press release would be soon

One thing we can be sure of is that this is the latest reveal for a Winter Village set ever ...! 

1 minute ago, Flippi01 said:

One thing we can be sure of is that this is the latest reveal for a Winter Village set ever ...! 

True :look: