Recently finished the McLaren, a nice model with solid colour and very few stickers.

The solution for the rear lights is amazing!!!

mHuSWP.jpg

EK9UGZ.jpg

4f1tjc.jpg

That is one of my least favorites, so far, still need the Ford set. Don't really like the way the sides are put together, more specifically the door area. Still it was a fun build. 

I actually messed around a bit with it, changed the door area and added a windscreen, actually looks pretty good, although it no longer looks like the car it is supposed to represent.

Wow so apparently two sets are getting rereleased into new colours?! Could this happen to speed champions!? I would love different coloured models like the f8 etc

I really hope not, since there are still so many other great vehicles, I would rather see, instead of a slot being taken by just a simple recolor, something I could easily do myself with existing instructions.

5 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I really hope not, since there are still so many other great vehicles, I would rather see

Yeah true, but what if they were “extra” sets? Like how cool would it be if they made a GWP set or a set that could be redeemed via VIP points that was a recoloured speed champion vehicle!! I would love that! 

Yeah I suppose I would be down with that, like the previous six wide white Porsche. I mean they have done it before so why wouldn't they do it again.

To be honest though building the same set twice, is kind of like reading the same book twice and is something I rarely enjoy doing.

Edited by Johnny1360

On 8/2/2021 at 4:42 PM, Johnny1360 said:

That is one of my least favorites, so far, still need the Ford set. Don't really like the way the sides are put together, more specifically the door area. Still it was a fun build. 

I actually messed around a bit with it, changed the door area and added a windscreen, actually looks pretty good, although it no longer looks like the car it is supposed to represent.

I got the Ford set for my birthday.

That is a deceptively cool set. The Ford GT looks much better in person than it does in pictures and the Bronco is really quite nice, though very large. Still working out the changes needed to convert the Ford GT to Ford GTE spec.

For those who want to transfer their Chiron to 8pin :)

51375085372_9a02d96117_c.jpg

51375850126_4bbfd88061_c.jpg

51375085387_6034d2b1bd_c.jpg

From the necessary - a new windshield, optional - new wheels. 

Looks good next to Koenigsegg :)

9 hours ago, noahtheb said:

It looks so much better in 8 wide, in my opinion.

I also increased the length by 2pin to keep the proportions of the real car. It would be necessary to make it lower, but this is already more difficult :) 

The Corvette C8.R finished 2nd yesterday the 24h of Le Mans in GTE pro category. but with opposite colours (yellow body with grey stripes).

If I remake any model in different colours, it will be this.

5 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

As someone who has just started a job working on Subarus, I'm saddened that Speed Champions doesn't have a Subaru set yet. 

yes. it would be nice to get a double set with 8pin subaru impreza wrx sti and mitsubishi lancer evo :) but hardly...

A WRX (perhaps in the classic plaint job used by Subaru's world rally team) would be cool to see.

8 hours ago, dimka_ya said:

yes. it would be nice to get a double set with 8pin subaru impreza wrx sti and mitsubishi lancer evo :) but hardly...

I'm currently working on a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V rally car, though it borders on plagiarism of  '8wideisbetter' (a Rebrickable member)'s awesome road going version. 

I haven't looked at their build instructions, but my headlight treatment and bonnet is pretty much identical to theirs. 

51399923054_77f8836f49_c.jpg

Awesome 8-wides by the way @dimka_ya :thumbup:

Edited by Dazzzy

2 hours ago, Dazzzy said:

I'm currently working on a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V rally car, though it borders on plagiarism of  '8wideisbetter' (a Rebrickable member)'s awesome road going version. 

I like your Evo! Please finish it :)

2 hours ago, Dazzzy said:

3 hours ago, Dazzzy said:

Please continue building. I'm sure he won't mind if it looks even a little like his. 

If the car is the same and lego pieces are what we have it is probably that both Evos will look similar.

I have just finished the Ferrari F8:

HyXLld.jpg

sZOd3G.jpg

Small mod of Koenigsegg Jesko: opening doors, other mirrors and wing, normal steering wheel :)

51408627363_be64517743_c.jpg

51408627023_27a55c7baa_c.jpg

51409333775_ea3d3d8208_c.jpg

51409113044_3a38403b37_c.jpg

Is it just me, or does the lego C8r kind of look like a Rimac Concept two? Let me explain:

The Lego C8r has the same bonnet shape as the Concept Two and looks a lot closer to the Concept two than an actual pointed nose of a Corvette.

It also has vents that look closer in styling to the Rimac than the C8r.

Obviously, the back is just a few curved slopes and stickers, but it could definitely be modded. It could probably even use the same headlight pieces! I feel like with some major adjustments to the back and some minor adjustments to the front, the C8r could become a Rimac Concept Two.

On 8/24/2021 at 4:11 PM, Dazzzy said:

I haven't looked at their build instructions, but my headlight treatment and bonnet is pretty much identical to theirs. 

My version of a rally sedan. True without coloring :)

51426155349_b2909e678b_c.jpg

On 8/2/2021 at 5:54 PM, User5346 said:

Wow so apparently two sets are getting rereleased into new colours?! Could this happen to speed champions!? I would love different coloured models like the f8 etc

Speed Champions is the one line it already did happen in, back in 2019. We got two different colors of the same Porsche.