Anyone know where, if anywhere, the Ford set is exclusive to in the EU? It was the only new one I didn't see at Prisma so can only assume it's exclusive over here as well. It being exclusive to Selfridge's is bizarre though - I can't imagine there's a massive crossover in clientèle there...

Picked up the Elva and it's a delight, the back end is a lot of fun to build. New tyres look great, and I'm glad they seem to be paying more attention to the interiors this year.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

6 hours ago, LegoMFP_David said:

Loving the easter egg in the Jesko.

I have this set, but can you describe exactly what's going on? Because I've been looking at it for a long time and I don't see anything. 

Can you insert a photo? 

Anyone know why the single cars are 20, but a double car pack is 50? In older SC series they are least included some props… 

1 hour ago, Bartlomiej said:

I have this set, but can you describe exactly what's going on? Because I've been looking at it for a long time and I don't see anything. 

Can you insert a photo? 

54 minutes ago, MTBingNinja said:

X 2.  I’m not sure either.  Please post photos 

You know how the swedish flag looks? ;) ;) There is something in size of 6x4 studs hidden in the rear section of the car!

Edited by Coolusername

3 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

You know how the swedish flag looks? ;) ;) There is something in size of 6x4 studs hidden in the rear section of the car!

Aaa, that! Ok. I already know. At first I thought there was something in the cabin. It's only now that I've realized it. 

Here’s another speed champion designer interview: 

I would assume he gets interviewed by a range of people so if anyone sees any more interviews be sure to link them here! (I already know of new elementary’s interview, but haven’t found any more).

I was looking at some pictures of the real car and it's weird but the rear tires look way to small on it too.

Amazon UK already beginning to discount. Just picked up Elva for 20% off. Prices for the others starting to fall.

22 hours ago, User5346 said:

Has anyone tried putting normal fenders on the C8r yet?

No I only got that set the other day only built the C3 so far, however I am in the process of getting parts to colour swap the Dodge Challenger to black. I am hoping that it will look quite good like that.

I might see if anyone online is selling just the Challenger so I can make a white one in homage to the classic film 'Vanishing Point' 

Dodge twin-pack just dropped below £40 (my 20% discount trigger point) on Amazon UK

5 minutes ago, Big Adam said:

Dodge twin-pack just dropped below £40 (my 20% discount trigger point) on Amazon UK

That is a tempting price, especially if you have prime and get free delivery I also notice that the Chevrolet twin-pack is now only £30 the McLaren Elva is only £13 now, and the Jesko is just over £15

Built the Challenger last night. Have to say that it has some lovely detailing front and rear, including some really enjoyable techniques. Up there with the Nismo for me. The official TLG pics really don’t do it justice. 

But then you pop the massive flat roof on top and it’s a bit of an anti-climax which then accentuates the ‘square-ness’ of the rear quarters. I cannot immediately think of how to fix the flatness but, given the very clever detailing of the Elva (including having the steering wheel aligned with the driver) it would have been great if the Challenger had just had that last 5% of finesse.

Today I unpacked the Corvette and saw that there are 3x stickers inside for C8.R. For you it is also so, or is it rather rare? 

Purchased all six sets from Wal-Mart, at my door for $203.  Build the McLaren Elva with my ten year-old daughter.  Of the six sets, she picked the Elva because because "It's blue, blue is one of my favorite colors". 

Pros: The steering wheel is centered. The use of the red transparent axe head for the rear taillights are brilliant.  The chrome headlights look good. The utensil posing stand is great holding the inboard computer and the set came with an extra one. Engine cover with red accents look great.  The rear set with the diffuser, exhaust and curved pieces is beautiful. The new low profile tires are slick.  Printed seat backs.  Low front facia with nice curves.  The modified 1x1 with grill accents the engine bay in a subtle but sleek and functional manner.  Definitely a unique model     

Cons: The artwork on the box is a poor reflection of the model, makes the side of the car look like 2 x 2 slopes were used.  Can't get used to the fact that there's no windshield on this model but that's the point. 

On 6/14/2021 at 10:29 AM, Bartlomiej said:

Very important info!!!! 

Is LEGO trying to do in SC lmp2? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQGg6LPN9j5/?utm_medium=copy_link

Hm... I couldn't possibly believe a leak or anything. It has graphics across multiple pieces, which LEGO will not do in a modern production set. Not saying they couldn't make a set BASED on that model, but this reminds me more of when LEGO built a Hoonicorn as a gift for Ken Block - it was sadly never made into a set.

Edited by Carbohydrates
Added details

8 hours ago, Carbohydrates said:

it was sadly never made into a set.

Why does LEGO do this? In my opinion, it does not pay them at all. After all, it is better to put it on the market than to do only 1 set, which, for example, Ken Block will put somewhere in the closet and forget about it. It's better for everyone to buy it and have fun with it. 

4 hours ago, Bartlomiej said:

Why does LEGO do this? In my opinion, it does not pay them at all.

..Because there's a world of difference between making a fun one off with simple printed stickers VS designing instructions,  box art, printed parts /  quality sticker sheets,  complicated licensing  agreements etc... 

For those who don’t know, there is a thread for Speed Champions 2022: 

Follow and speculate away! :laugh: