1 minute ago, DeductedMiller said:

She told me that some would come in June, and some in August.

I’m confident that every set will release in June EXCEPT for the mystery “Ford” set which will be August.

1 minute ago, User5346 said:

I’m confident that every set will release in June EXCEPT for the mystery “Ford” set which will be August.

I think so, too. June at 99.9% will be the release date. 

3 hours ago, User5346 said:

I share the same feeling - which means that it is most likely a question of a couple of weeks max, before Lego finally releases the first official pictures of the new sets. 

This has been a veeeeery long 1.5 year wait indeed (I can't believe that I have managed to produce 18 SC 8-studs supercars since the last official SC model! 3x more productive than Lego :laugh:)

Edited by AbFab1974

18!?!?   Need pictures.  I cheated, went to AliExpress and bought the Elenor, Countach, and pink Cadillac to hold me over.  The Elenor and Countach were tremendous.  In some regards with the designs, better than SC Lego as they had engines and the Elenor had a trunk with two NOS bottles.  Some new parts as well. The quality/tolerance of the pieces weren’t as great but very very close.  

4 hours ago, MTBingNinja said:

18!?!?   Need pictures.  I cheated, went to AliExpress and bought the Elenor, Countach, and pink Cadillac to hold me over.  The Elenor and Countach were tremendous.  In some regards with the designs, better than SC Lego as they had engines and the Elenor had a trunk with two NOS bottles.  Some new parts as well. The quality/tolerance of the pieces weren’t as great but very very close.  

Hi MTBingNinja,

They are all on my Flickr page, minus one - the original Mercedes 300SL, which I still need to photograph of.

I must say it is a lot fun to create your own models

My cars are also a bit more elaborate that the SC series: I don't impose myself any part quantity restrictions, which allows me to create more detailed interiors, engines, etc... As an example my Bugatti Centodieci has 400+ parts vs 200-250 parts for an official Lego SC in 8-studs.

However, it takes quite a bit of time and money; sadly,I always end up sourcing some 'exotic' parts that are sold a fortune on Brick Owl, BrickLink, etc....

Finally, I must admit, there are some nice models on AliExpress. I have resisted to use this website so far, but I may start to order from there, if we need to wait another 18 months for more models, after the 2021 SC wave. :hmpf_bad:

Cheers

Edited by AbFab1974

I have to say that LEGO has been pretty good in terms of not leaking this new wave, obviously excluding the Dodge set which still surprises me how it got out so early.

Would be awesome if they decided to reveal one set a day or something, maybe on the manufacturer’s social pages rather than have them leaked/revealed all at once but maybe that’s just me :shrug_confused:

19 hours ago, AbFab1974 said:

Hi MTBingNinja,

They are all on my Flickr page, minus one - the original Mercedes 300SL, which I still need to photograph of.

My cars are also a bit more elaborate that the SC series: I don't impose myself any part quantity restrictions, which allows me to create more detailed interiors, engines, etc... As an example my Bugatti Centodieci has 400+ parts vs 200-250 parts for an official Lego SC in 8-studs.

However, it takes quite a bit of time and money; sadly,I always end up sourcing some 'exotic' parts that are sold a fortune on Brick Owl, BrickLink, etc....

Finally, I must admit, there are some nice models on AliExpress. I have resisted to use this website so far, but I may start to order from there, if we need to wait another 18 months for more models, after the 2021 SC wave. :hmpf_bad:

Cheers

These models are amazing! Honestly couldn't pick out a favorite out of them all

As I have said many times before on here I wish I had the time, money and skill to make models like this. 

Incredible models, I agree.   You look at them and know exactly what you're looking at.   Love the engine bays!  Hopefully Lego comes to emulate this down the road.  Beautiful. 

21 hours ago, AbFab1974 said:

Hi MTBingNinja,

Cheers

*snip*

I had no idea you could embed your photostream like that on here! That's nice to know. Oh, and the models are all beauties as well!

On 4/19/2021 at 4:07 AM, AbFab1974 said:

These models look magnificent. cannot pick a favourite and they look as if not more realistic than official Lego ones.

Edited by Darth Denuto

13 minutes ago, User5346 said:

Ok why have the sets not been revealed yet? :damn:

Unfortunately I don't know. But I really can't wait anymore. Maybe in 2 week they have something going to be? 

Hey everyone,

Hopefully we can get people to notice this, I have created a new thread for 8 wide speed champion Mocs! Feel free to post and to follow so we can have a permanent thread for awesome speed champion Mocs!

:snicker:

10 hours ago, User5346 said:

Hey everyone,

Hopefully we can get people to notice this, I have created a new thread for 8 wide speed champion Mocs! Feel free to post and to follow so we can have a permanent thread for awesome speed champion Mocs!

Great Idea User5346,

I am super interested to see what great 8-studs MOCs are out there

Cheers!! :classic:

Not a Speed Champions leak, but it sure looks like we may be getting the newer Speed Champions mudguards/fenders in bright light yellow!

Edited by Carbohydrates

7 hours ago, Carbohydrates said:

Not a Speed Champions leak, but it sure looks like we may be getting the newer Speed Champions mudguards/fenders in bright light yellow!

I guess so, I think the new windscreen will be too. 

29 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

We should be getting pictures of the new sets this week or next.

I think it will probably be next week as that will be the first week in May and therefore be one month until the release of the sets for the beginning of June.

First set I am going to get is the Dodge set!

However I might be good over the coming weeks and not buy anything (unless really cheap) and get the whole lineup when its released hopefully Lego will have some offers/gifts on if you buy over a certain amount like £80 plus 

52 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

We should be getting pictures of the new sets this week or next

LEGO thought it was more important to reveal October 1st releasing VIDIYO sets

3 hours ago, User5346 said:

LEGO thought it was more important to reveal October 1st releasing VIDIYO sets

Vidiyo Wave 2 launches 1st June. The CMF Series 2 launches October. If you live in US then it comes out 1st August.

4 hours ago, LegoMFP_David said:

I think it will probably be next week...

I think you are right.

On 4/25/2021 at 1:41 PM, Carbohydrates said:

Hey Carbo, what set/theme did you see? I'll go searching... Curious what the BLY is being used on (and what "new windscreen" might be coming)

On 4/24/2021 at 5:23 PM, User5346 said:

Hey everyone,

Thanks for setting that up... I'm getting some photos ready to post :)

4 hours ago, prototyp said:

Hey Carbo, what set/theme did you see? I'll go searching... Curious what the BLY is being used on (and what "new windscreen" might be coming)

Bright Light Yellow has been used in City since 2019 as accent color for it's Police/Fire vehicles , this year saw this piece in BLY used twice on Police/Fire trucks:

6334148.jpg

Overall, in recent coupld of years , more and more parts that used to be Speed Champions show up in other themes now in terms of wheels/fenders etc.

Edited by TeriXeri

6 hours ago, prototyp said:

There may or may not be a link hidden somewhere in my post that you quoted there. :wink:

1 hour ago, Carbohydrates said:

There may or may not be a link hidden somewhere in my post that you quoted there. :wink:

I ... think you might be right ;)

Time to start pulling together some ideas (and parts) for BLY builds... 70’s cars, old Datsuns. Very cool.