Wow I’ve got some interesting news! The Harry Potter sets leaked on Amazon so upon checking Amazon Australia, there are 3 seperate listing for confidential “IP cars.” No pics yet but we must be extremely close!  :snicker:  Also, the sets are listed at $29.99 AUD, which is the same RRP as last year. I find this interesting as here in Australia at least, sets with an RRP of $29.99 went up to $32.99 from the beginning of this year. So hopefully no price rise for us, (not sure about other countries).

Sooo closeeee! :laugh:

4 hours ago, User5346 said:

Wow I’ve got some interesting news! The Harry Potter sets leaked on Amazon so upon checking Amazon Australia, there are 3 seperate listing for confidential “IP cars.” No pics yet but we must be extremely close!  :snicker:  Also, the sets are listed at $29.99 AUD, which is the same RRP as last year. I find this interesting as here in Australia at least, sets with an RRP of $29.99 went up to $32.99 from the beginning of this year. So hopefully no price rise for us, (not sure about other countries).

Sooo closeeee! :laugh:

Considering Harry Potter is releasing in June and the set pictures are out now, I’m guessing next week we see the pictures for the cars. Great find by the way!

Just now, Bartlomiej said:

Enter a link.. 

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/legoleaks/?hl=en

The image is terrible but things I noted:

c3 corvette: Appears to be dark red? Same wheels are the challenger and I think it looks really good actually.

C8r: Dark grey ehh, not sure how I feel about that

Jesko: Silver wheels huh? Can’t tell if it’s a new windshield or not

Supra: Does not really look like one, the pic honestly looks 6 wide but it’s probably not

Elva: Standout for me, looks fantastic 

I know these are prelim images so the official sets will have changes

Also, no sign of the mystery set with supposedly a Ford GT & bronco

26 minutes ago, User5346 said:

c3 corvette: Appears to be dark red? Same wheels are the challenger and I think it looks really good actually.

Supra: Does not really look like one, the pic honestly looks 6 wide but it’s probably not

Wow, they look great. Indeed some look at 6 studs, but in fact they will be at 8.

Glad that we are getting the usual SC parts in new colours.

The corvette looks great, instantly recognizable and hopefully it's in dark red.

The next 2 that were also recognizable at first sight were the Elva & Supra - they look good, and I'm interested to see in detail the Supra's front section, and unless it's just the blurry picture quality, I'm also very interested in whatever is going on in the rear section of the Koenigsegg. 

The C8r was the one I forgot about and had to google it - I think it suffers from looking too round at the front, but I hope I'm proven wrong.

22 minutes ago, MTBingNinja said:

Someone post a photo(s) please, can’t find ‘em!

I wouldn't - 'tis against the rules! There is only one picture on IG so make sure you sort by recent and don't scroll past it.

Elva looks reasonable from what we can see. I'm not smitten by the Supra or Jesko, but I will reserve judgment until we get proper pics, which will surely be very soon...

The c3 looks awesome! C8r would have been better/more recognizable in yellow imo. Supra looks a little funk, but hopefully that is just due to poor picture quality. Really looking forward to this wave!

18 minutes ago, MTBingNinja said:

K.  Why can’t a photo be posted though?   I forget the rule.  Not like Lego owns this forum right? 

It has confidential lap printed on.

2 hours ago, MTBingNinja said:

K.  Why can’t a photo be posted though?   I forget the rule.  Not like Lego owns this forum right? 

AFAIK it's because EB is a recognised fan forum (mods, please correct me if I say something stupid!). The best example is that LEGO will occasionally provide sets for contests and such, free of charge. One of the conditions is that EB and its members don't actively share leaks, including pictures (and occasionally links, so I tend to err on the side of caution with that one). Telling people where to find leaks is indirect enough to be OK I think, just no direct sharing.

This leaked image that we are talking about is probably the same prelim image that PromoBricks had access to a last month or two ago when they provided the set details.

Also, I’m assuming that the mystery set was either just not in the catalog or is going to be a later release (August)? :shrug_confused:

Don't want to add too much to the speculation based on an extremely low-res image but a few things that stand out squinting into the abyss:

• C8R Corvette appears to have the tell-tale gap ahead of the front fender left by the short 98282 "City" fenders. Interesting choice, if so...
  • Seems the C3 Corvette is using the same 2x2 dish wheel solution as the Dodge... Very interested in what's going on to hold that together. Body shaping looks really very good on this one, and agreed, looks like it might be Dark Red.
  • Jesko windscreen looks smoother and rounder than the angular 65632 used in the last wave for the Ferrari and Lamborghini... 6-wide revision of 18973? Or just clever printing and a poor image... Looks like a pretty cool model in any case. (I saw The Jesko at the Monterey Historics a few summers ago, super-impressive car in person)
  • Can't tell much about the Elva... is that Dark Azure? Polybag one was normal Blue so probably not, but it would be very cool if Dark Azure made it to SC.
  • Boy I hope the Supra's proportions are better they they look here, appears there's some Saab Sonett level front overhang going on.
  • Probably been said before, but bummer there's not another Group B car to hang out with the Audi S1 (a Ford RS200 would have been an easy one, imo)

Speed Champions has typically brought a handful of new parts moulds each release – clever slopes, a windscreen or two, some interesting tiles – very excited to see what this wave might bring as that always opens up more MOC opportunities.

Edited by prototyp

4 hours ago, prototyp said:

short 98282 "City" fenders. Interesting choice, if so...

Yeah I noticed that as well. I don’t know why that would be, if it is I may swap them out.

4 hours ago, prototyp said:

I saw The Jesko

Awesome!

On 4/16/2021 at 8:43 AM, User5346 said:

WOW - this picture does give me a lot of hope. Thanks for sharing this link User5346!! :laugh:

In particular, I have much more interest in the the  Corvette duo now. Great to see the 70's model in a colour not used in the SC range so far.

I also wonder, if the Elva is in the normal Lego Blue (like the Polybag model) or if it is a different blue (e.g. dark Azure), Another new colour would be brilliant.

Furthermore, I agree with the other comments; the Jesko shape look quite odd - somehow to wide / too short - I just hope this is because of the low pic Quality.

As for the Supra, it looks like it using an unpainted Windscreen 6x6x1,1/3. Now, this could explain why this unpainted part, which is used on no existing sets, is actually available for purchase on the official Lego Pick a Brick (at £1.75 in the UK)

8 hours ago, OnyyX said:

interesting to note, still no pics on the 'mystery set'

Just read the last two pages thinking the exact some thing... best kept secret in lego history... 

I talked to employee at the lego store in Copenhagen last week. We talked for almost 30 minutes, and I asked about the speed champions. She told me that some would come in June, and some in August. Don’t know if she knows it for a fact, but I think June is a possibility!