On 4/5/2021 at 3:30 PM, User5346 said:

Someone was able to buy the Dodge set and this video shows some built images of it. Still don’t understand the wheel/tire situation...

Please, please, put this in a spoiler thing. (Not sure what it's called.) Some people don't want to see leaks like this.

In all fairness you don't have to watch the video and pictures of the set were shown on the previous page, however I do respect your honorable intentions.

On 4/5/2021 at 3:30 PM, User5346 said:

Someone was able to buy the Dodge set and this video shows some built images of it. Still don’t understand the wheel/tire situation...

I like it. From certain angles, more so the side angles, the Dodge Challenger looks good. Excited to see the Ford Bronco soon.

7 hours ago, User5346 said:

Who doesnt want to see images of the 2021 speed champions!? :laugh:

I agree, who doesn't!

Lego Speed Champions 2021 is my second most googled thing!

1 minute ago, LegoMFP_David said:

Lego Speed Champions 2021 is my second most googled thing!

The wait feels like forever! :cry_sad:

The more I look at the challenger, the more annoyed I am by the side stripe. Thing's gonna be a pain to convincingly align, and you'd need a few purple pieces from your own collection to omit it because part of it is brick-built.

Just thinking about it, with the Jesko supposedly coming out - I’m surprised LEGO got the koenigsegg licence. It has to be the most “premium” brand LEGO has partnered with? :shrug_confused: 

Looking forward to seeing it nonetheless!

8 hours ago, User5346 said:

Just thinking about it, with the Jesko supposedly coming out - I’m surprised LEGO got the koenigsegg licence. It has to be the most “premium” brand LEGO has partnered with? :shrug_confused: 

Looking forward to seeing it nonetheless!

Certainly one of the most niche, Bugatti is probably the most premium but they're probably more widely-known than Koenigsegg.

Having watched that video of the set my opinion on the Dodge has cooled somewhat. The Charger looks great from some angles, others really less so.

I am coming around to the Ford rumour though. Having googled the Bronco R it looks a lot madder than a bog-standard SUV - I can only hope they do the off-road performance one that Google throws up. The GT will be interesting as it's the first car where we can make a direct comparison between 6- and 8-wide cars (albeit between race and road versions). One of the things I don't like about the older one is how narrow it is, this should sort that right out.

Hi All,

Whilst I visited the official Lego Pick-a-brick website today, I noticed it was possible to purchase the Windscreen 6 x 6 x 1 1/3 (ref 65633) unpainted (for £1.75) :cry_happy:

Interestingly, I thought that this part only existed in 2 official Lego Speed Champions sets (Ferrari Tributo - 76895 and Lamborghini Huracan/Uru - 76899).In both sets, the part comes painted (Red for the Ferrari one and Black for the Lamborghini one)

I have not been able to find any databases showing, where an unpainted version of the windscreen is used by Lego.

The fact that Lego sells it as a Pick-a-brick part, let me think that it is maybe coming on some new sets (may some of the 2021 Speed Champions ones?). What do you think?

P.S. I have obviously ordered some of these windscreens myself, as it will be very handy for future MOCs :purrr:

7 hours ago, AbFab1974 said:

I noticed it was possible to purchase the Windscreen 6 x 6 x 1 1/3 (ref 65633) unpainted

Just checked and have found it aswell, however I think an unpainted version of this piece does not work for speed champion cars as it lacks the A-pillars and roof. If it came printed in different colours like white, orange etc (like the red print in the f8) it would be more handy indeed.

So I hope it’s doesn’t come in the new sets as I’d much rather want it printed. This version may be used in other non speed champion sets, cool find though

To keep the hype alive haha what do people think about the next wave of speed champions in terms of when they will come out? Is the push back to June this year going to affect future waves or does everyone think we’ll see another wave in January 2022? (assuming the theme continues :snicker: )

1 minute ago, User5346 said:

To keep the hype alive haha what do people think about the next wave of speed champions in terms of when they will come out? Is the push back to June this year going to affect future waves or does everyone think we’ll see another wave in January 2022? (assuming the theme continues :snicker: )

This year you can definitely buy them from June. But as for the next waves, I think they will come back in January. 

However, I'm knocking what, I'm already looking forward to June, until I finally buy a SC. 

1 hour ago, User5346 said:

I hope we can buy them in June and its not pushed back even more to August, however that might just be for normal retailers and we should be able to buy direct from Lego in June but will it be the 1st of June or the 30th??

I am hoping that we will go back to a regular January release for 2022, Lego should still keep the theme going, its a good seller and there is something for everyone and suits nearly all pockets. It appeals to many different ages so I think Lego would be very foolish to stop it.

3 hours ago, User5346 said:

2021 is the year LEGO switches it up for most themes so I guess it depends on the performance of this wave? I don’t think we will know for sure until November/December time.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

2021 is the year LEGO switches it up for most themes so I guess it depends on the performance of this wave? I don’t think we will know for sure until November/December time.

I think given the hype about this current wave and because it has been delayed plus the 2020 models have been out for 18 months now I do honestly believe these new sets will sell well.

I expect to see some inflated prices on eBay when they do come out in the first few weeks

I think LEGO should (and will) keep the theme going. I feel like the longevity that Racers had (notwithstanding the last year or two) showed that cars make pretty popular toys, and SC is no different. As long as manufacturers keep coming to them, they'll keep making them.

I'm not sure about the effect this year will have on future waves though. It all depends on how far into the development the June sets were before the decision was made to push it back; if they were quite far behind, I would expect them to change to a June cycle to deal with the knock-on effect. If they just had finishing touches to make, and consequently the following wave's development is not too badly affected, I'd imagine they'll stick to January. That's pure speculation on my part though.

My friend wrote to LEGO about SC and asked me to insert here (because he forgot his account, and the new one did not want to create) what they wrote him off

"I am so happy to hear you've been enjoying the Speed Champions series! We don't have anything officially announced yet on LEGO.com so unfortunately I can't either way! Just HANG IN THERE FOR A LITTLE BIT LONGER and if do have something coming in June we will post it on our website! I hope you have a wonderful day! " 

And now his question: could it mean that it's as if lego unofficially wrote off that from August? 

4 hours ago, Bartlomiej said:

My friend wrote to LEGO about SC and asked me to insert here (because he forgot his account, and the new one did not want to create) what they wrote him off

"I am so happy to hear you've been enjoying the Speed Champions series! We don't have anything officially announced yet on LEGO.com so unfortunately I can't either way! Just HANG IN THERE FOR A LITTLE BIT LONGER and if do have something coming in June we will post it on our website! I hope you have a wonderful day! " 

And now his question: could it mean that it's as if lego unofficially wrote off that from August? 

I presume he asked if they were coming in June? Either way I don't think anything can be inferred from that email, at most you could say that there'll be an announcement sooner rather than later from that. The customer service team must get questions like this all the time, especially with the speed at which leaks and rumours spread, so this is probably not far off the typical answer they would give.

Where did this August idea come from? As far as I've seen all the reliable sources have been saying June.

On 4/13/2021 at 9:48 AM, TeddytheSpoon said:

I think LEGO should (and will) keep the theme going. I feel like the longevity that Racers had (notwithstanding the last year or two) showed that cars make pretty popular toys, and SC is no different. As long as manufacturers keep coming to them, they'll keep making them.

I agree, I think they'll continue.  Speed Champions sets are relatively inexpensive, have appeal to both kids and adults (whereas Racers was probably more kid focused, and at times I feel wanted to be a competitor to Hot Wheels with the Tiny Turbos and stuff), and clearly there's good relationships with many of the licensees, since they've done Ferrari sets for years now and have recently done larger scale Ford, Mercedes, Porsche, and Dodge sets.  

4 hours ago, Bartlomiej said:

I wouldn't read too much into it, I don't think anyone working for Lego can reveal anything.  Since they haven't publicly given a Speed Champions June release date (at least not that I've seen, and this is true for every product prior to its release),  I'd guess this employee either truly doesn't know when the sets are coming, or more likely, they do know and are just giving a non-answer.  

I agree, that employee’s email is playing it very conservatively as it’s not giving away any promises or shortcomings.