19 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

but I think most of the existing designs cover a broad range

Yeah I agree, although the last new rims were in the Mclaren 720s from 2017. Interestingly, I think it is safe to say that the second set of rims in that set were clearly trying to represent the ones on the Mclaren F1, so maybe we could see that as a future set? 

image.jpeg

Edited by User5346

On 3/14/2021 at 7:36 AM, User5346 said:

Yeah I agree, although the last new rims were in the Mclaren 720s from 2017. Interestingly, I think it is safe to say that the second set of rims in that set were clearly trying to represent the ones on the Mclaren F1, so maybe we could see that as a future set? 

[image]

We don’t actually know what the $50 SC contains so it could be a McLaren set. I wouldn’t take the rims as a hint to what we would see next though otherwise I think we would have seen it already.

23 minutes ago, Anonknee Muss said:

We don’t actually know what the $50 SC contains so it could be a McLaren set. I wouldn’t take the rims as a hint to what we would see next though otherwise I think we would have seen it already.

Maybe Toyota GR010 vs Ts050? 

18 minutes ago, Bartlomiej said:

Maybe Toyota GR010 vs Ts050? 

I totally missed the news on the GR010, seems like an unfair matchup in a set, the TS050 would butcher the GR010, even toyota state it will be 10s off the TS050 around Le-mans. :P

(and it is me, or does this "hypercar" look suspiciously like an LMP1H car?, make the nose a bit pointier and change the rear spoiler mount and it is a TS060)

Either way, i'd love a GR010/TS050 matchup as a set though, im a fan of le-mans, and LMP style cars in particular, so this would be awesome

On 14/3/2021 at 8:36 AM, User5346 said:

image.jpeg

These wheels are styled for Ferraris from 80's... such as the F40 they did.

5 hours ago, carlo.fadel said:

These wheels are styled for Ferraris from 80's... such as the F40 they did.

That’s true too.

In other speculation, i thought of a cool idea for a speed champion polybag: something like an accessory pack. It could include a bunch of rim packets, (maybe some in gold) and other car accessories like spoilers and different wheel colours etc. :shrug_confused:

6 minutes ago, User5346 said:

That’s true too.

In other speculation, i thought of a cool idea for a speed champion polybag: something like an accessory pack. It could include a bunch of rim packets, (maybe some in gold) and other car accessories like spoilers and different wheel colours etc. :shrug_confused:

Yes! I also think so, I even thought that LEGO would do when the whole box with rims, wheels, wheel arches, all sorts of windscreens and all the other possible parts from SC. But unfortunately I doubt that this will happen, because LEGO would rather not allow such a kind of self-propelled. Because these are licensed sets, and how would they give such a "Multi set bricks" to each would do their own, which is not in LEGO, and this could cause some decrease in sales sc and maybe even trouble with automotive companies. 

9 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

As an Aussie i'd be hoping for a Holden Tribute but that is unlikely to happen.

So more realistically i'd love to see an Aston Martin set

Maybe a 1970's V8 Vantage with a Valkyrie as well

Edited by Darth Denuto

11 hours ago, Bartlomiej said:

Yes! I also think so, I even thought that LEGO would do when the whole box with rims, wheels, wheel arches, all sorts of windscreens and all the other possible parts from SC. But unfortunately I doubt that this will happen, because LEGO would rather not allow such a kind of self-propelled. Because these are licensed sets, and how would they give such a "Multi set bricks" to each would do their own, which is not in LEGO, and this could cause some decrease in sales sc and maybe even trouble with automotive companies. 

Just no badge it as "speed champions" but maybe "xtras" or "classic" . If we take a look around the catalogue, we'll see many SC specialized parts joined city, creator, friends vehicles, some in new colours...

4 hours ago, carlo.fadel said:

Just no badge it as "speed champions" but maybe "xtras" or "classic" . If we take a look around the catalogue, we'll see many SC specialized parts joined city, creator, friends vehicles, some in new colours...

Now that’s an xtra set I would buy!

14 hours ago, Darth Denuto said:

As an Aussie i'd be hoping for a Holden Tribute but that is unlikely to happen.

So more realistically i'd love to see an Aston Martin set

Maybe a 1970's V8 Vantage with a Valkyrie as well

Sign me up for all of it! I think the AC Shelby Cobra would be a nice addition too but doubt it would happen.

2 hours ago, Anonknee Muss said:

Now that’s an xtra set I would buy!

Sign me up for all of it! I think the AC Shelby Cobra would be a nice addition too but doubt it would happen.

You know a car I hope makes it? The William's FW43. That car is a masterpiece. 

7 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

You know a car I hope makes it? The William's FW43. That car is a masterpiece. 

It looks nice!
I think it’ll be a while before we see new licenses considering the summer sets. 

Hey guys, I have just finished my first ever speed champions Moc, a Mclaren Speedtail! 

Just seen in this: https://www.newelementary.com/2021/03/lego-new-parts-10283-nasa-space-shuttle-discovery.html#more review of the new space shuttle that there is a bunch of 2x6 tiles introduced in the set. Those pieces are extremely helpful for roofs on the windshield pieces :excited:

6 minutes ago, Bartlomiej said:

Recently I saw on instagram https://instagram.com/the.bearded.lego.dad?igshid=1cwnnpgovljskcos like this:

How do you think it's a real set or fake. Personally, I think it's just MOC. 

IMG_20210326_193913.jpg

Deeply skeptical. It hasn't shown up anywhere else, and there's no way LEGO would be doing dazzle camo like that. It looks on the big side as well, although the dragster is so different to what's come before it's hard to say on that one.

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

automakers do use camouflage to disguise new cars during testing, so maybe that's the play here? or maybe Mopar is releasing a new livery soon that they want to hide for the time being? who knows.

I think that it's a 60151 modified :classic:

PS help me to improve my english please :laugh:

Edited by Cooter

Definitely fake. There’s only 1 time LEGO had used this dazzle cameo and it was part of the marketing campaign for the set if I remember correctly. Plus the tape in that picture above covers multiple bricks and LEGO doesn’t use stickers to cover multiple bricks anymore. Since pre production models don’t leave the LEGO facility there’s no point in concealing it with dazzle camo.

Yeah agreed, definitely not official set, the graphics are a dead giveaway.

That's not even a plausible use of Razzle Dazzle graphics, no reason to use it on a one of a kind custom built race car, which is generally reserved for production vehicles.

Any ideas what the final mystery set could be? Most likely a double vehicle one given the price - but what models? 

Could be a McLaren old/new thing - featuring the F1 one from the 90s - (Like this one?)

On 3/2/2021 at 8:20 PM, User5346 said:

Would be cool if we could get someone to make a poll or two; one with the question “Do you prefer 6 studs or 8 studs” and a second question of “What do you prefer to do with your cars,” e.i, display them, use the in a city etc. I’m am personally surprised that the width of the cars is still being bought up, because let’s face it, the cars are never going to be perfectly Minifigure scale anyway.

As far as i am concerned, there is no context between a 6-Studs and a 8 Studs model, when it comes to accuracy. See what difference it can make on an humble Bugatti Chiron:

Bugatti Chiron 5

and as far as the back is concerned, there is no contest either. 

Bugatti Chiron 3

Edited by AbFab1974

On 3/29/2021 at 7:00 AM, AbFab1974 said:

Any ideas what the final mystery set could be?

I doubt it would be a set on one the same manufacturers that are to appear lineup so maybe it could e a different brand we have haven’t seen yet in speed champions, i.e Aston Martin. 
I would be guessing an F1 set as we haven’t really got those but I’ve said it before and will say it again, I would much rather have actual “cars” then F1 cars, but I guess it would be good for all the F1 fans out there. 
A cool idea could be then new Aston Martin formula 1 car paired with the new safety car as well, although I don’t know if that warrants the high price tag :shrug_confused:

Edited by User5346

I'm hoping for an Aston Martin, but i think it will be more likely that the final set will be a Ferrari or a Porsche, as there is usually at least one of these most years, and neither have a set currently lined up for this year.

2 hours ago, User5346 said:

I would be guessing an F1 set

As for it being an F1 set, 

it might be an Aston or more likely i think a Ferrari SF21 and a Ferrari road car.