3 hours ago, Bartlomiej said:

Maybe Indy500? 

I had thought about that as a possibility for the Chevrolet set before we had the contents confirmed. Would be cool but I'm not sure they'd do three US-based sets in one wave. I'd happily be proved wrong in this case though!

F1 cars are beginning their 2021 reveals right now. Plenty of options for a manufacturer two car combo.

Mercedes/Ferrari would be most probable (and most marketable) but least thrilling. Aston or Alpine would be unlikely but awesome!

76903 Chevrolet Corvette C8-R & '68 Corvette C3 - 512pcs, EUR39.99

76904 Mopar Dodge/SRT top fuel dragster & '70 Dodge Challenger - 627pcs, EUR59.99

76905: Unknown set & pc number, EUR49.99

So looking at it this way, the Chevrolet set is comparable to the current Jaguar set and the Dodge set is comparable to the current Lamborghini set. This means that the “unknown set” will be in between these two sets in terms of price and I would say piece count as well. It would be safe to assume that the set would be another 2 car pack, but I think a side build or something else, like a trailer could make up for some of the pieces. 

1 hour ago, Big Adam said:

F1 cars are beginning their 2021 reveals right now

You could be right in this as LEGO hasn’t done a speed champions F1 car for a while now, but I would still prefer a regular 2 car set.

23 hours ago, User5346 said:

76903 Chevrolet Corvette C8-R & '68 Corvette C3 - 512pcs, EUR39.99

76904 Mopar Dodge/SRT top fuel dragster & '70 Dodge Challenger - 627pcs, EUR59.99

76905: Unknown set & pc number, EUR49.99

So looking at it this way, the Chevrolet set is comparable to the current Jaguar set and the Dodge set is comparable to the current Lamborghini set. This means that the “unknown set” will be in between these two sets in terms of price and I would say piece count as well. It would be safe to assume that the set would be another 2 car pack, but I think a side build or something else, like a trailer could make up for some of the pieces. 

You could be right in this as LEGO hasn’t done a speed champions F1 car for a while now, but I would still prefer a regular 2 car set.

We haven't had any 8 stud wide F1 cars either.

I just thought of another idea for the mystery set. Maybe it could be a Maserati set with two cars? Seeing that the lastest Maserati mc20 got revealed a few months ago it could be a possibility. Being paired with something like a 3500gt would be awesome IMO.

14 hours ago, User5346 said:

I just thought of another idea for the mystery set. Maybe it could be a Maserati set with two cars? Seeing that the lastest Maserati mc20 got revealed a few months ago it could be a possibility. Being paired with something like a 3500gt would be awesome IMO.

It would be great!!

PS I'm afraid that it's quite difficult to make the rounded shapes of Elva, Supra, Corvette C3

When do you all think we will get to see some pictures?

If its for a June release I am hoping to see some pics around March or do you think it will be more like April?

On 2/16/2021 at 10:00 PM, Anonknee Muss said:

We haven't had any 8 stud wide F1 cars either.

I'd say the Jaguar Formula E car is at least a pretty close "preview" of how we could expect 8-wide F1 cars to look like.

5 hours ago, LegoMFP_David said:

When do you all think we will get to see some pictures?

If its for a June release I am hoping to see some pics around March or do you think it will be more like April?

My bet is April.

1 hour ago, admiral_typhoon said:

I'd say the Jaguar Formula E car is at least a pretty close "preview" of how we could expect 8-wide F1 cars to look like.

I’d completely forgotten about that and I’ve built it too!!

The dragster is a surprise to me, but I support its inclusion because it would make the SC line up much more diverse.

I look forward to the Challenger the most because the real car is a real beauty.

The Corvette set is going to sell out real quick once it's released!

Luv the dragster idea.  Maybe down the line they’ll come out with an old school hot rod, custom car or a celebrity car (i.e. Munsters vehicle).   

Yea I think so, since there's now a dragster, there might be a gasser, hot rods etc in future, which would be awesome.

18 hours ago, KMPMOCS said:

Yea I think so, since there's now a dragster, there might be a gasser, hot rods etc in future, which would be awesome.

Pimp My Ride tie-in when? :laugh:

I was thinking about the diversity point - SC has been pretty good at bringing in some of the more niche car interests. I feel like we normally get at least one of those each wave - we've had a hot rod, vintage F1 car, Dakar, FE, the Nismo from last year was a drift car even if it wasn't explicitly stated IIRC. I forget what they're called but since LEGO seem to be doing Japanese cars now, how about some of the crazy souped-up monsters? That would make for a crazy set.

13 minutes ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Pimp My Ride tie-in when? :laugh:

I was thinking about the diversity point - SC has been pretty good at bringing in some of the more niche car interests. I feel like we normally get at least one of those each wave - we've had a hot rod, vintage F1 car, Dakar, FE, the Nismo from last year was a drift car even if it wasn't explicitly stated IIRC. I forget what they're called but since LEGO seem to be doing Japanese cars now, how about some of the crazy souped-up monsters? That would make for a crazy set.

I doubt. Because there are licensed cars in SC that have really come off the production line in real car factories. And cars tuned in Japan are individual conversions, made without any knowledge of the manufacturer and often not very legal. 

So rather, the crazy will not be. 

Yea I guess pimp-my-ride style of vehicles probably won't be happening.

But 'racing-spec' of car manufacturers make SC line very exciting, We've got John Cooper Works in 2018, Nismo last year, then the GR coming soon, looking forward to more in the future.

Y'all each got a different small set right! +1 point to each of you.

On 9/11/2020 at 1:40 PM, Legocitycustoms said:

I'd like to see

-Supra

On 9/5/2020 at 6:08 PM, Cooter said:

- MCLaren 765LT or Elva

On 9/3/2020 at 1:58 PM, Bartlomiej said:

What do you think will be coming out of the Speed Champions series in 2021? 

Personally, I think there is a chance for something from IMSA. 

There may be such sets: 

Koenigsegg Jesco (small set) 

Its going to be difficult to see which one will be the most popular, my first buy will be the Dodge double pack a bit of an odd choice for someone who lives in the UK and dodge have never sold a car her officially bur i do love my muscle cars!

Just hope that we get some pictures soon, I wonder if they have changed the wheel size at all???

1 hour ago, MTBingNinja said:

Kool to see that they’ll have 9 cars this year compared to the 7 last year.  2 “additional” cars for 2021:grin:

Indeed, I hope its a theme that will continue for many many years, it must be one of their best sellers, just waiting for the pictures to drop cant wait to see what the Challenger looks like. With it being teamed up with a dragster I hope they dont make it to over modified or have accessories where you could either have it stock or modified

That's just it...  I wish someone could show us some numbers to see how well the Speed Champion sets are selling as compared to other Lego sets. 

According to rebrickable the SC single cars from 2020 were in the top 10 for most-owned sets from the year. Last I checked one of them was like 3rd or 4th.

Speed champions is successful partly because it is high detail at low prices.  It's a good type for people transitioning from city level of detail to 18+, as it's small and therefore cheap, high detail, and not particularly hard.  I remember my much younger brother being given SC sets when young for a challenge, and friends in his class showing them...  SC also appeals to adults, because they are displayable, and in a similar way to IDEAS, Architecture, and the 18+ vehicles, to those less interested in LEGO itself, but in the actual thing.  Plus of course there are all us AFOLs, so the combination means that they sell incredibly well in shops around the world to many of the markets that other sets target - the KFOLs, the AFOLs, and the less interested in LEGO itself.

On the actual sets, I really like the selection, but I would like to see a structure at some point - pit stop, garage etc.  Was hoping we'd get one this year, but looks like not.  We haven't really had one since 75889 in 2018...

That's HUGE, I know we were paranoid about Lego canceling the SC series but it seemed that COVID delayed the release for 2021.   Money talks, if the SC sets keep selling, Lego will keep developing them. 

I thought I saw an interview with a Lego representative that they'll be moving away from Speed Champion structures as people haven't been "playing with them too much" and tend to just interact with the cars.   That 75889 set was the best!!!   

7 hours ago, MTBingNinja said:

That's just it...  I wish someone could show us some numbers to see how well the Speed Champion sets are selling as compared to other Lego sets. 

Unless LEGO becomes a public company (99% chance it won’t happen) we won’t see the numbers unfortunately :cry_sad:

Edited by Anonknee Muss

I think the SC series is doing very well, they took the risk of moving to 8-wide, introducing new windscreens with special prints, a new vehicle base, new wheels, etc, it's pretty crazy.

So I believe Lego will continue developing SC in the next few years.