Elva and the Corvettes sets seem the most appealing at first thought/sight, but I'm curious to see how they do the Supra's headlights and what's the last set.

It's also good that they're looking at other licenses as well - white/lime/black on the koenigsegg might not look so bad, and hopefully one of the sets might actually give us the 2nd style of 6-wide windscreen as an unprinted part.

1 minute ago, admiral_typhoon said:

Elva and the Corvettes sets seem the most appealing at first thought/sight, but I'm curious to see how they do the Supra's headlights and what's the last set.

It's also good that they're looking at other licenses as well - white/lime/black on the koenigsegg might not look so bad, and hopefully one of the sets might actually give us the 2nd style of 6-wide windscreen as an unprinted part.

I'm more curious about what with windscreen for Koenigsegg.

1 minute ago, Bartlomiej said:

I'm more curious about what with windscreen for Koenigsegg.

2021-koenigsegg-jesko-absolut-front-view

Looks to me like the Ferrari/Lambo windscreen would be just close enough to avoid them making another new windscreen.

The elva will also be interesting since it'll be the first SC set to not include a windscreen!

41 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

The elva will also be interesting since it'll be the first SC set to not include a windscreen!

Apart from the F1 cars! :wink:

I imagine most of these will have stickers for headlights, which I'm not a fan of personally. I think the last wave had only two cars with brick-built headlights (the Quattro and the I-Pace).

Edited by TeddytheSpoon

Out of interest, have we any idea which of these will be street cars, or have little to no ads like the F8 Tributo from 2020?  I'm the sort of person for whom the more it looks like a street car, the more I like it - hence the F8 Tributo is my favourite one.

Me too.   Unless it’s a full blown race car with livery stickers, I lean towards keeping my SC cars clean looking without all the livery stickers.  

The C8-R and the dragster should be the only cars with liveries. The Jesko will be white with lime green trim, the Supra yellow, the Jesko blue as per the polybag, the '68 Corvette C3 will be red and the Charger purple. That's all according to the Promobricks article.

4 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

76904 Mopar Dodge/SRT top fuel dragster & '70 Dodge Challenger - 627pcs, EUR59.99

A reasonably interesting mix - @RacerRabbit and particularly @Kit Figsto pretty much nailed the top-fuel dragster prediction! The Chevrolet set sounds particularly interesting, the C3 is a beautiful car so hopefully it looks good.

I'm actually very surprised they're making it, I didn't expect it since it's pretty different from every other Speed Champions set thus far, but I'm definitely going to have to get that set!  I'm wondering if they'll license it through the team that actually runs the MOPAR dragsters, since they only sponsor like two cars (whereas with the NASCAR-inspired Camaro, Chevy has multiple cars).  Unlikely, but they've had some really cool designs for the MOPAR dragsters in the past few years, so I'd love to see a realistic version.

The Corvette pack sounds great as well.  

Sounds like a cool line up so far, definitely leaves questions about what the final set could be..? 

6 hours ago, admiral_typhoon said:

I am hoping that they do include a windscreen piece as an option - just like the real car. And maybe if they do create a new windscreen for the Jesko that is more curved, they could use it for the elva as well. But as @admiral_typhoon said, I doubt they will create a new piece. :sad:

I am also surprised how the supra has more pieces than the Jesko, seeing as the supra is a smaller car in real life.

I doubt real life size is comparable to the number of parts a set is gonna have - checking pics of both cars, the supra has more shaping than the Jesko, so my guess is that it will just use more parts for the detailing of the front and back sections.

20 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

checking pics of both cars, the supra has more shaping than the Jesko

Hmm not sure about that, Jesko definitely has more going on

16 hours ago, User5346 said:

I am also surprised how the supra has more pieces than the Jesko, seeing as the supra is a smaller car in real life.

I hadn't even clocked that, that is kind of surprising. I guess the size difference between cars gets lost when every car is scaled up to 8 studs wide.

17 hours ago, MTBingNinja said:

When’s the lineup coming out?! 

June according to Prombricks.

On 2/13/2021 at 4:53 PM, TeddytheSpoon said:

76903 Chevrolet Corvette C8-R & '68 Corvette C3 - 512pcs, EUR39.99

76904 Mopar Dodge/SRT top fuel dragster & '70 Dodge Challenger - 627pcs, EUR59.99

Interesting piece counts... They sounds like the older car will be 6 studs and Dodges will have a trailer or some building. We'll see.. 

21 minutes ago, carlo.fadel said:

Interesting piece counts... They sounds like the older car will be 6 studs

I doubt. SC 8 studs sell very well and are unlikely to go back to 6 anymore. 

21 minutes ago, carlo.fadel said:

Dodges will have a trailer or some building

Buildings and trailer probably not, but maybe the start lights and the whiteboard with the results of time. 

14 minutes ago, MTBingNinja said:

Does anyone have the 8-stud sales numbers compared to the 6-stud?!  Would be interesting to see.  

75894: 1967 Mini Cooper S Rally and 2018 MINI John Cooper Works Buggy - 49.99€

75893: 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon and 1970 Dodge Charger R/T - 39.99€

The rest cost 14,99€

I think you should not be guided by the price, because at 99.9% of the cars will have 8 studs, because LEGO Group has produced too many new parts. 

The price may have to do with Covid's reason to make a smaller price sell more". 

Edited by Bartlomiej
Spelling error.

I’ll be buying all the new sets, believe me 🤓.   

I mean, I’d love to see the sales numbers between the 8-stud compared to the 6-studs.  In such, are the 8-stud sales blowing away the 6-stud sales.  

Give me another big bowl of crow.   I’ll make crow a steady part of my diet as long as they keep delivering a healthy lineup of 8-studs.   I don’t miss the 6-studs one bit.  

So what are peoples guesses for the brand of the 6th set? I am really curious to why speed champions haven’t had an Aston Martin or BMW car, considering LEGO has partnered with those brands before. It would also be cool to see a Bentley as well :shrug_confused:

2 hours ago, User5346 said:

So what are peoples guesses for the brand of the 6th set? I am really curious to why speed champions haven’t had an Aston Martin or BMW car, considering LEGO has partnered with those brands before. It would also be cool to see a Bentley as well :shrug_confused:

Im hoping they continue the Lamborghini licence and go with a double pack with a newer car and an older one. I would love an Aventador/Miura pack or a Murcielago/Diablo one. As for anything not Lamborghini related, another Japanese car brand would be nice, as the GTR from the last wave was the first Japanese car Lego had ever made up until this new Supra. Something containing another GTR like the R32 or R34 would get a thumbs up from me as well.

Aston Martin would be great, they could very easily do the one-new-one-classic combo in a two pack (which I think it's safe to assume this one will be). They could conceivably make one of the cars an F1 car - it's been a while since we've had one and AM are back in the sport this year - but I doubt LEGO would've been given enough info, if any, to base a set on it.

I suspect it'll either be a European brand or something based in professional motorsport. I mentioned off-roading a few posts back and think that's pretty likely as we've had some sort of rally car or otherwise for the last few waves, and with Extreme E kicking off this year that seems like an obvious choice for me. You could have one XE car and one Dakar, although the Mini set was partially based on Dakar and that only just retired.

2 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Aston Martin would be great, they could very easily do the one-new-one-classic combo in a two pack (which I think it's safe to assume this one will be). They could conceivably make one of the cars an F1 car - it's been a while since we've had one and AM are back in the sport this year - but I doubt LEGO would've been given enough info, if any, to base a set on it.

I suspect it'll either be a European brand or something based in professional motorsport. I mentioned off-roading a few posts back and think that's pretty likely as we've had some sort of rally car or otherwise for the last few waves, and with Extreme E kicking off this year that seems like an obvious choice for me. You could have one XE car and one Dakar, although the Mini set was partially based on Dakar and that only just retired.

Maybe Indy500?