On 12/3/2020 at 9:58 PM, PaulvilleMOCs said:

That wasn't mentioned on any of the sites I looked at: https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/features/article/fast-and-furious-9-cars-and-bikes-dodge-charger-ford-mustang-jeep-wrangler-and-more/547724 and https://screenrant.com/fast-furious-9-movie-cars-vehicles-confirmed/ 

But I should be clear, I personally know next to nothing about the franchise

Oh I apologize! You were talking about a new F&F movie. I misunderstood. I thought you all were talking about some F&F Lego sets. 

The Subaru I was talking about was the one in F&F8. They should make that a reality for Speed Champions. 

fast_and_furious_8_subaru_wrx_sti.jpg

Edited by Brandon Pea

Spy Racers is another possibility if they go down the F&F set route, as that show is targeted at kids, and all the cars are all generic, so they don't have to worry about securing rights from the real car companies.

On 11/29/2020 at 11:28 PM, OpenBagTwo said:

?

*LEGO tweet*
Rationally I know that the person monitoring Lego's social media accounts probably doesn't have insider knowledge as to what sets are upcoming or which themes have been cancelled, but an AFOL can hope...
On 12/1/2020 at 8:25 AM, vectormatic said:

yeah, probably just trying to play it of as a cute "we'll have to see what magic the elves come up with" BS. Even if the guy in charge of the twitter account doesnt have that info, that account represents the company, not the one guy with a degree in twitterology

Nah the social media guys at LEGO do know what’s coming out but they’re not allowed to say. The SC theme is fine guys, don’t worry. Speed Champions used to be released in March but weren’t last year so maybe they’ve gone back to March, or just so happen to be the last to be revealed. 

On 11/24/2020 at 12:44 PM, JintaiZ said:

Fantastic!

As I said earlier in this thread, I'd love a Bugatti Centodieci in 8 Studs; this supercar is simply SO gorgeous!

...And again being too impatient, I had to create it myself.

Here it is  - quite please with the result I must admit :-))

Lego Speed Champions - Bugatti Centodieci 8 Studs | Flickr

Edited by AbFab1974

49 minutes ago, AllanSmith said:

The New Zealand LEGO online catalog for the first half of next year only shows the existing SC sets, no new ones in the first half of the year.

https://catalogs.lego.com/BrandCatalog/1HY2021/bc-1HY-2021-nz/

F9 comes out at the end of May, and this catalog goes until March, so I guess that theory could still hold, but it's pushing it awfully close. The other themes with new sets coming out in May have little bubbles that say "New set/sets coming soon May 2020" and Speed Champions doesn't have a bubble like that. Man, I'm gonna miss Speed Champions if it's ending.

Looks like it might be the end of the road then for Speed Champions, silly really as I thought it was a popular theme and sold well, maybe its something to do with the licences or maybe due to Covid they are very limited to the sets they have designed this year or that they can produce.

Oh well it was good while it lasted

New Speed Champions sets usually come out in the second half of the year.  So I would expect to see them show up later on next year. :) 

5 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

New Speed Champions sets usually come out in the second half of the year.  So I would expect to see them show up later on next year. :) 

That's what brickfanatics are reporting today.

Honestly, I feel a lot better just knowing Architecture hasn't been included in the 2021H1 catalogs--seems really unlikely they'd kill that line.

11 hours ago, AllanSmith said:

Second half? Over here in europe, the first few years were start of march, and we've had two cars later up in the year, which coincided with product launches related to those sets (the 720s and the white porsche for forza)

21 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Second half? Over here in europe, the first few years were start of march, and we've had two cars later up in the year, which coincided with product launches related to those sets (the 720s and the white porsche for forza)

That's right in Europe we always got them in March, I remember getting the NISMO GTR as soon as I possibly could

I will wait until Lego actually confirms something, I don't know how reliable StoneWars are, the speed champions set might just be one polybag set!

I want to see an IndyCar set, have the ir18 with either a Honda or Chevrolet team (maybe Scott Dixon's #9 PNC Bank Chip Ganassi Racing Honda or the Will Power's #12 Verizon Team Penske Chevrolet) since we've had LMP1 cars, GT cars, Stock Cars, rally cars, Formula One cars, and a Formula e set, we just need IndyCar, NHRA and touring cars and the V8 Supercars

I just wish they would keep making the 6-stud wide series. I don't have anything against 8-stud wide ones, but they're a bit too wide for my city. I 6-stud wide form, I would like to see:

1985 Volkswagen GTI Rally

1960 Saab 96 Rally

MORE RALLY CARS!

3 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

I just wish they would keep making the 6-stud wide series. I don't have anything against 8-stud wide ones, but they're a bit too wide for my city. I 6-stud wide form, I would like to see:

1985 Volkswagen GTI Rally

1960 Saab 96 Rally

MORE RALLY CARS!

I agree. I actually hope they do the Subaru Impreza.

Edited by Brandon Pea

The rumored Speed Champions polybag has been leaked on instagram! It's a Mclaren Elva, so we can confirm one of the 2021 sets will be a Mclaren Elva. Y'all need to remember that Speed Champions is among the six best selling themes of Lego. Therefore the possibility of Speed Champions is ending in 2021 or just one polybag set or switching theme is very unlikely considering this fact.

The Elva polybag shown is coloured blue and the interior is white. 

Edited by Teoh0615

The Elva polybag looks great. Never seen a 5-wide "Tiny Turbo" before. Could this mean that the Elva will be in the main SC line when it eventually comes along. I mean, the Lambo that we got this year was already in the main line so maybe the McLaren will be too. Also, every 2 years, the Speed Champs line is graced with a McLaren. 2015 had the P1, 2017 got the 720S and 2019 had the Senna. Could the Elva be next?

19 hours ago, RacerRabbit said:

Could this mean that the Elva will be in the main SC line when it eventually comes along. I mean, the Lambo that we got this year was already in the main line so maybe the McLaren will be too. 

I mean, yes, that's the implication as I read it. I'm not aware of a poly like this ever not corresponding to a real set, and if the Elva were going to be part of, say, the Creator Expert line instead, it would have been branded as such.

Speaking of Creator: intrigued by the red and black muscle car.

While Lego teams are still scratching their head on what SC model to release, I have managed to produce 3 new ones myself:

A Bugatti Centodieci, a Porsche 959 and a Ferrari Testa Rossa !

Merry Christmas everybody :-)

Edited by AbFab1974

1 hour ago, Cooter said:

Is this theme canceled in 2021?

The existence of a new polybag makes that unlikely. The next wave could possibly be releasing later in the year, though.

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2021 at 5:15 PM, Cooter said:

Is this theme canceled in 2021?

Don't think it will be cancelled however I don't think we will get anything new until the Summer or maybe even Autumn, plus I don't think we will get many new sets either I am thinking maybe 2 single car sets and 1 double set.