What do you think will be coming out of the Speed Champions series in 2021? 

Personally, I think there is a chance for something from IMSA. 

There may be such sets:

Corvette C7.R (small set) 

Koenigsegg Jesco (small set) 

Porsche Taycan (small set) 

Toyota Ts050 Hybrid (double set) 

Aston Martin Vulcan or Vantage GTE (double set) 

And maybe something else with hypercar because of the WEC season 2020/2021 

- New Corvette C8 (middle engine)

- Dodge RAM TRX   + Dodge Challenger SRT 2021 on trailer (  https://www.ramtrucks.com/trx.html  ; https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=21965&mid=5 )

- MCLaren 765LT or Elva

- Ferrari Monza SP

- Porsche Taycan or 918 Le Mans  https://presskit.porsche.de/museum/it/2019/topic/anniversaries/porsche-celebrates-50-years-of-the-917/917-living-legend.html

Volkswagen ID3 , close enough to a Golf/Polo/Up to be recognizable, but still is an entirely new branch of Volkswagen going fully electric.

Could even be a 2 pack with a Classic Beetle , should certainly look interesting at 8 wide using newer rounded parts.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 9/5/2020 at 11:08 AM, Cooter said:

- New Corvette C8 (middle engine)

- Dodge RAM TRX   + Dodge Challenger SRT 2021 on trailer (  https://www.ramtrucks.com/trx.html  ; https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=21965&mid=5 )

Definite yes to these 2! I’ve been hoping for a REBEL TRX for over a year now! Although it hasn’t been too long since the last Dodge set, which had a Challenger SRT Demon. It would be awesome if it had a Viper, however that’s been out of production for years now so that’s pretty unlikely I’d say. 

I’d also love to see a Dodge Charger Daytona in a lime-and-black or yellow-and-black scheme as a stand-alone set. Although I’m still not into the 8-wide sets because they don’t fit in a city, that would definitely be a must buy for me!

On 9/3/2020 at 7:11 AM, Brandon Pea said:

C'mon Subaru! Let's introduce you to the Lego world. 

A Subaru rally car would be awesome for sure!

Edited by DodgeDude5498

1 hour ago, Legocitycustoms said:

And let's add the Peugeot 205 rally car as well.

Definitely! I saw a couple really nice Peugeot’s on Ideas a couple years ago. One of them made 10k didn’t make the review.

Tesla has definitely been needing a place in the SC line for years too. A roadster or Model S as a stand alone would be great.

1 minute ago, DodgeDude5498 said:

Definitely! I saw a couple really nice Peugeot’s on Ideas a couple years ago. One of them made 10k didn’t make the review.

I saw that too, was it this one ?

lWIDN9U.jpg

8 minutes ago, Legocitycustoms said:

I saw that too, was it this one ?

lWIDN9U.jpg

Yup, that's it! There was also another that had a cool display stand too that I personally liked better.

17 minutes ago, Legocitycustoms said:

pcNqdtj.jpg

Oh haha I didn't realize it was that car that had the stand. A new wave of rally cars would really go great with the SC line IMO, similar to what LEGO did with Formula cars a couple years back.

I can't agree more.

The poor Audi Quattro must feel alone and needs some serious competition from Group B legends...

3 minutes ago, AbFab1974 said:

I can't agree more.

The poor Audi Quattro must feel alone and needs some serious competition from Group B legends...

Look at this Flickr page - you will see the real brick version of the Peugeot MOC below - and with another Hero from the Group B times - the Renault 5 Maxi Turbo...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158094362@N07/28280605097/in/album-72157698614523685/

Other ideas for 2021 SC series - More Supercars from the 70s-80s-90s - all in 8 Studs  of course

- Ferrari 288 GTO

- Lamborghini Miura

- Lamborghini Diablo

- Bugatti EB110

And Maybe another Group B Rocket?

A Lancia Delta S4

the same VS the Peugeot 205 T16?

aPhoto 1

Yeah, I'd love to see some more rally cars, especially now that the new 8-wide designs have room for both the driver and co-driver. Though, personally, if we were to get a Lancia, I'd prefer the Stratos to the S4 Delta. But, maybe that's just me. 

3 hours ago, Legocitycustoms said:

Yeah, it has been a long time since we heard anything new from the SC theme.

I don’t believe it will be much longer.

Would love a return to some classic muscle, since we got the Mustang, Camaro, and Charger, there hasn't been a ton since.  

Someone else suggested a Charger Daytona, that or a Superbird would be incredible, I'd love a Chevelle or Olds Cutlass (not sure if they're really doing anything with defunct brands, even though it'd fall under the GM license), and if they did a Firebird, that'd be pretty neat too.  I'd also like to see even some older stuff, like a Tri-Five Chevy or Hudson Hornet.  

The Ram with Charger is a great idea too, it'd be a nice companion to the Raptor + Model A we got a few years back.  Another two-pack idea is a 2021 Bronco with a 1968 Bronco, although I'm not sure if they want to venture into doing off-road trucks without any car to go with it.

Edited by Kit Figsto

The problem is that none of these cars (bar the Firebird and the Charger maybe) mean anything to Non American Lego customers.

So unlikely to sell well outside the USA and therefore to be a Global hit for Lego, I’m afraid. 

On 9/26/2020 at 11:16 AM, AbFab1974 said:

The problem is that none of these cars (bar the Firebird and the Charger maybe) mean anything to Non American Lego customers.

So unlikely to sell well outside the USA and therefore to be a Global hit for Lego, I’m afraid. 

Exactly. I agree with you 100 percent. 

Maybe they struggle with the 8 wide concept ?

And why was the steeringwheel so strangely placed in te 8 wide cars ???

I really hope this isn't the end for Speed Champions...

I'd like to see Lego Racers come back with 4 wide vehicles, but I don't think thats gonna happen.