Sign in to follow this  
Csaba

Brick Vault UCS Shuttle Tydirium

Instructions available here.

It looks like a really nice model. The front of the ship isn't perfect but it's more movie-accurate than the UCS Imperial Shuttle and the interior looks good.

When I tried costing it last night it came to around £900 before P&P, which is too much for me. A lot of the costs seem to be associated with the motors. I'm not sure if they could be replaced with a mechanism similar to that used in the UCS Imperial Shuttle?

Edited by Csaba

Very cool model, but I'd suggest buying the 10212 if you really want an Imperial Shuttle because it's much cheaper.

I'm planning on making a microscale Imperial Shuttle soon :wink:

I think dmac nailed the cockpit design a little better, but MB's design is still one of the best. The stand could use some love though haha :)

After some shuffling and using B&P the cost was around ~$650 with shipping with PFs. I don't mind used pieces and most of the time the used pieces I get are practically new. Still a gamble though. I might omit the lights or use something else because the LEGO lights are just awful (bulky and inefficient). The wing mechanism can be replaced, but you're going to have to redesign the interior frame or omit the interior. 

But yeah, definitely an expensive model to make, but that's the price for better haha. If you don't really care about the intricate details and accuracy the UCS shuttle is a better option, but if you want something more impressive, this model is the one to go. Of course you can always upgrade the UCS one to your own liking too. 

Just ordered all the pcs... should arrive till weekend. Wondering how it will look like nect to my ucs shuttle:)

Ah i actually wanted to save it for another shuttle by cavegod, but i dont if hes ever gonna release his one:)

On 9/3/2020 at 12:20 AM, Evergreen said:

I think dmac nailed the cockpit design a little better

Thank you.

I think this big one is a mighty fine model but I wonder why the creators did not include mechanized landing gear, landing gear flaps and ramp. I did it in my model so obviously it's possible within even bigger frame. The lights are a whole another story; installing them properly on the wingtips requires some serious tinkering. So let the countdown begin: who will be the first to buy instructions, build the model and then heavily modify it with extra motors & lights? :)

46 minutes ago, dmaclego said:

Thank you.

I think this big one is a mighty fine model but I wonder why the creators did not include mechanized landing gear, landing gear flaps and ramp. I did it in my model so obviously it's possible within even bigger frame. The lights are a whole another story; installing them properly on the wingtips requires some serious tinkering. So let the countdown begin: who will be the first to buy instructions, build the model and then heavily modify it with extra motors & lights? :)

Is this your MOC here? Very nice scene if it is.

I think you've done a better job of hiding the gears that operate the wings as well. Not sure if it would ever be possible to completely hide them?

4 hours ago, Csaba said:

Is this your MOC here?

Yes, it is. Thank you.

But as I said, the big shuttle presented in this topic offers huge opportunities for modification, due to its size. It is only a matter of time :) .

15 hours ago, dmaclego said:

Yes, it is. Thank you.

But as I said, the big shuttle presented in this topic offers huge opportunities for modification, due to its size. It is only a matter of time :) .

MarshalBanana's original model had motorized functions and lights. Unfortunately, as is stated in the video, this MOC is a replica/reverse-engineered MarshalBanana shuttle, thus lacking any motorized functions.

2 hours ago, tfcrafter said:

MarshalBanana's original model had motorized functions and lights.

Yes, of course: motorized wings and some of the lights. What I meant (and wrote) was that now, when instructions for this great model are available, someone will inevitably add the rest of the functions: motorized landing gear, motorized landing gear flaps, motorized ramp and blinking lights on the wingtips (and belly).

did anyone finish the complete model?

I just finished the one of the two wings... Thers huge bending. I dont even know if the model can be displayed for month with "opend" wings...

10 hours ago, muhkuh said:

I just finished the one of the two wings... Thers huge bending. I dont even know if the model can be displayed for month with "opend" wings...

Thats the problem with Brick vault sets. They look perfect,but they have weird techniques and we only see what they want us to see. Most of them are falling apart when touched and extremely fragile you can see it from other non sponsored reviews from their sets. Jedi interceptor,naboo starfighter are literally falling apart and some sections are being held by single stud. Really bad practice to not disclose that information before people buy 45$ instructions and 1500$ parts + shipping.

15 hours ago, muhkuh said:

I've finished mine about a month ago and there was a little bending but nothing too major. I was able to display mine with open wings perfectly fine. It could be because of the low clutch on the bricks or you might have missed something while building. 

4 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

Thats the problem with Brick vault sets. They look perfect,but they have weird techniques and we only see what they want us to see. Most of them are falling apart when touched and extremely fragile you can see it from other non sponsored reviews from their sets. Jedi interceptor,naboo starfighter are literally falling apart and some sections are being held by single stud. Really bad practice to not disclose that information before people buy 45$ instructions and 1500$ parts + shipping.

That is true for some of their models, but a good number of the models they host are pretty sturdy (Jeracs TIE models in particular). Usually, the stability issues that people have are either due to being inexperienced builders or bought bad quality parts (low clutch, chipped, etc.). I've built a good number of BV's and other MOC builders models and I haven't had major stability issues some people have. The biggest issues for me are BL sellers who sell used for new :/

4 hours ago, Evergreen said:

That is true for some of their models, but a good number of the models they host are pretty sturdy (Jeracs TIE models in particular). Usually, the stability issues that people have are either due to being inexperienced builders or bought bad quality parts (low clutch, chipped, etc.). I've built a good number of BV's and other MOC builders models and I haven't had major stability issues some people have. The biggest issues for me are BL sellers who sell used for new :/

I agree with BL sellers,its either old for new or they send you lower number of parts than ordered. Yeah Jeracs TIE builds are amazing,but i would be more comfortable with BrickVault if someone made thrutfull review on all of their builds and how hard it was to get the items before spending 1700$ on a shuttle that may or may not fall apart.(i know its not their fault they only sell instructions)

13 hours ago, Evergreen said:

I've finished mine about a month ago and there was a little bending but nothing too major. I was able to display mine with open wings perfectly fine. It could be because of the low clutch on the bricks or you might have missed something while building. 

I have another question... i just tried to connect the motors with the batterybox and they dont work. Am i missing something? 

do you have pictures of ur wings? I have all new pcs and checked... if you watch the video and the pictures closely u can see it

15 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

I agree with BL sellers,its either old for new or they send you lower number of parts than ordered. Yeah Jeracs TIE builds are amazing,but i would be more comfortable with BrickVault if someone made thrutfull review on all of their builds and how hard it was to get the items before spending 1700$ on a shuttle that may or may not fall apart.(i know its not their fault they only sell instructions)

Yah I get that. Their earlier reviews were pretty nosy and annoying when they kept on bragging about how perfect their models are, but I think they got a little better now. I usually check out the OG builder's social page before and I would sometimes ask if their models have any rare parts or really fragile sections. 

8 hours ago, muhkuh said:

I have another question... i just tried to connect the motors with the batterybox and they dont work. Am i missing something? 

do you have pictures of ur wings? I have all new pcs and checked... if you watch the video and the pictures closely u can see it

Did you test the motors before you placed them in the model? If it did work and nothing was misplaced then the wires could be damaged or loosened from the motor. I have similar bending in the video too, but I wouldn't worry about it too much about it. There's only a slight bend when the wings are down and it bends the most when you raise or lower the wings.