eric trax

Liebherr PR776 Dozer - Lego Technic 42100 alternate model

The idea for the B model in the form of the Liebherr PR776 appeared in December 2019. Unfortunately, I had no experience building alternative models, so first I assembled a simpler model - skid skidder based on Bobcat T870. Having already some experience and, what is important, knowing what I can afford during the build, especially the list of parts, I made it.

847x678:pad

I tried to make all the functions and as much as possible to make the original look like this

liebherr_pr_776.jpg

The tactic I chose when designing was to check whether the new engines and hubs would fit in the 1:18 scale model (scale to the wheels). In fact, when I put the first hub between the tracks and the drive motors, I ran out of space in the chassis. Another problem was the new, long actuators. While they are great for lifting the blade, they are too long for the ripper. In the original, these actuators are very short. To keep the dimensions of the ripper I had to build them much more into the center of the model. This added another space problems and the need to place one of the engines at the bottom of the frame.

I really wanted the model to resemble the original as much as possible, so I started building with modeling the hood. Then I took care of the blade, which consumed almost all DBG system bricks. However, the basic curvature was pretty nice. Its appearance gives a lot of visual effect. The problem was the shape of the cabin. I don't know who designed the original, but there is a suspicion that he was drunk. Fortunately, it was possible to create a quite realistic cabin and interior.

It is masochism to use the Control + system on models of this scale. How to build in two large hubs so that you can replace the batteries from the bottom and turn them on from the top? The first hub is located under the hood between the tracks. From the bottom we have access to the battery and we activate it with a clever switch in - the left platform. The second hub is located directly under the cabin. This can be easily folded back to gives access to the control hub and turn it on using a switch in the cabin

The model does not have a realistic suspension. I resigned from it because the model weighs over 3 kilograms. I really wanted it to be stable and the tracks did not make such terrible sounds as the model A while driving. There are, however, four tilt carts that make it easier to climb over obstacles.

Some technical data:

Length: 46 cm, Width: 25 cm, Height: 23 cm, Weight: 3.04 kg

Drive and steering – 2x XLarge C+ motor

Ripper – lift (Large C+ motor) tilt (Large C+ motor)

Blade – lift (XL C+ motor), tilt (Large C+ motor)

liebherr_pr_776_1.jpg_thumb.jpg liebherr_pr_776_2.jpg_thumb.jpg liebherr_pr_776_3.jpg_thumb.jpg liebherr_pr_776_4.jpg_thumb.jpg liebherr_pr_776_5.jpg_thumb.jpg liebherr_pr_776_6.jpg_thumb.jpg liebherr_pr_776_7.jpg_thumb.jpg liebherr_pr_776_8.jpg_thumb.jpg liebherr_pr_776.jpg_thumb.jpg liebherr_pr_776_custom_profile.jpg_thumb 

I wanted the application configuration to be as simple as possible, so I also created a custom profile in the buwizz application which greatly simplifies the configuration of the model control. I also made a layout to make the control panel pleasing to the eye.

Instructions can be bought at Sellfy and Rebrickable:

https://sellfy.com/m1longer/p/42100-dozer/

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-51120/M_longer/42100-liebherr-pr-776-dozer/

Custom stickers: https://www.mocsmarket.com/lego-mocs/lego-sticker-set-for-liebherr-776-dozer-42100-b-model/

Download custom BuWizz profile: https://cutt.ly/kfx57he

liebherr_pr_776_custom_profile.jpg

instructions_sample_3.png

Edited by eric trax

looks very good, the only thing that I do not like is "mobile" toilet (TOI TOI) because I see then several times every day on my way to work. :laugh:

This could be an A-model, just whoa!

Also this thing really is huge in contrast to the 8275. Great job!

I never saw a Liebherr S. Groomer 

But this is the proof that 42100 must have an official B-Model from that license, 

Salute to you... 

Edited by Dylan M

20 hours ago, Jundis said:

Also this thing really is huge in contrast to the 8275. Great job!

Not quite :)

1920x1080.jpg
Also, comparison with our first 42100 alternate, the Skid Steer Loader:
1920x1080.jpg

Is my calculation correkt, it's 1:19?

I love it and think i'll build it to put on my lowboys. Maybe it's a bit to small, but the 42030 ist round about 1:22 and fits also...

11 hours ago, HUWI said:

Is my calculation correkt, it's 1:19?

I love it and think i'll build it to put on my lowboys. Maybe it's a bit to small, but the 42030 ist round about 1:22 and fits also...

The model is in 1:18 scale. Fits trucks with 62.8 wheels, such as Mercedes Arocs or Bricksonwheels trucks. I don't know what it will look like with the Mack Anthem set. However, the 1:22 models will be too small for it.

2 hours ago, eric trax said:

The model is in 1:18 scale. Fits trucks with 62.8 wheels, such as Mercedes Arocs or Bricksonwheels trucks. I don't know what it will look like with the Mack Anthem set. However, the 1:22 models will be too small for it.

If I may comment; Stock I'd 1:16,5 since real truck is 2500 wide and LEGO model has 19 studs wide chassis (19 * 16 * 8 ~~ 2500)...

On 9/4/2020 at 1:45 PM, eric trax said:

The model is in 1:18 scale. Fits trucks with 62.8 wheels, such as Mercedes Arocs

That's what i need... Perfekt!

On 9/4/2020 at 3:56 PM, I_Igor said:

1:16,5 since real truck is 2500 wide and LEGO model has 19 studs wide chassis (19 * 16 * 8 ~~ 2500)... 

That's almost correct. It's 2550mm but in scale it won't change so much.

In addition, it is Lego and it is only a rough guide. Because of studs, it happens that a MOC does not have the same scale in all dimensions.

Some guys work with 1:16, 1:16.5 or 6 is perfect, i calculate with 1:17 and 2500mm...

But then the dozer's 1:18 is not noticeable.

@HUWI I had the same approach, but at the end my models ended up unrealistic when I put them side by side...so after TLC released tractor tire with 42054 set I decided that all my creations should be made in 1:15 scale...and mathematics is ruthless so I have re-re...re-designed my Fastrac several times (at least I have incorporated Technic battery box in chassis below cab)

On 9/5/2020 at 4:30 PM, HUWI said:

That's what i need... Perfekt!

I am waiting for photos with your models to see what it looks like :)

My farm machinery is 1:17 scale and fits perfectly with the bulldozer.

Actually I'm in Berlin on an exhibition and first I need a second 42100.

My problem is the limited space of my station wagon a I need to make a time plan for all my ideas and wants...

1280x720.jpg

Greets from Berlin!

On 9/19/2020 at 1:16 PM, technicfan said:

Hi, this is amazing. Do you think it will work with power functions instead of the control stuff?.

It would require rebuilding of the main frame, because most of moving parts are connected to XL and L motors side holes.

1 hour ago, mnpumar said:

Just want to confirm, this can be built using only the 42100 set? No extra parts?

No extra parts, only bricks from 42100 set. This is the idea of alternate model :)

35 minutes ago, eric trax said:

No extra parts, only bricks from 42100 set. This is the idea of alternate model :)

Awesome! Thanks so much :)

If someone thought that only Lepin steals from MOCers, well you were wrong.

One of my followers has shown me this.
Basically someone in Netherlands is selling 3/4 parts from 42100 set, with my (cut, removed watermarks,etc) instructions. And even with stolen photos from Eric.

Also, they are offering instructions too.

Unique and rare product, only available at Toy Brick Lighting!
Are you looking for a challenge? Then this package is absolutely suitable for you!

Because this is not an original Lego® product, there is no original box.
This kit contains only completely original Lego® parts.

If you already have the Liebherr R9800 from Lego, that machine can be converted into the Ze bulldozer! Please do not hesitate to contact us.

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/liebherr-pr-776-lego-bulldozer-technisch-bouwpakket-exclusief-limited-model-toy-brick-lighting-dozer-3000-bouwstenen/9300000025852121/

150417555_1352000351839551_4273946801992

Thoughts?