Sign in to follow this  
Count Vroskri

[MOD / STUD.IO ] What's your Favourite of my BSB Recolours?

Hello, not many words from me, these pics speak for themselves. 

These are my BSB Recolours. The studio file came from Humble Bricks. 

Number one : The Black Pearl 

Here I added an extra mast. 

Black Pearl

Number Two: Imperial Brig

Imperial Brig

Number Three : Brick Bounty II

Black seas barracuda brick bounty merger

Thanks, 

C and C appreciated as always. 

Count Vroski

@Brickander Brickumnus

These are on Stud. Io, so uploading renders takes quite a while. It takes about an hour and a half for a recolour, so I have to make time for it in my schedule. It is a very good idea though. 

@evancelt

Hope this helps:

blue and white barracuda sail construction 1

Some sails are different sizes and shapes, as you can imagine, each colour is a different part. 

blue and white barracuda sail construction 1_2

That's the back. 

Here's the BP stern. 

black pearl render 1_2

The Clipper is good- better than a lot of the ones I've seen online where they just change the flags and sails, at least.  Best bluecoat version of the ship to date.

It's only #3 for me, though.  I'm still torn between the Imperial and the Nelsonian schemes.

I think what I like best about the Imperial scheme is that it really accentuates the tumblehome, which is probably the coolest thing about this set for me.  But the black and yellow of the Nelson scheme is just so perfectly balanced...

The Caribbean clipper version is great but the rear seems to black.  Could.oyu make that rail yellow or brown to tone down the black.   Maybe more blue and white could do it too. 

@Blackheart Brit

If you look at The Clipper, there are a lot of black accents. Because of the build of the barracuda there are of pieces that are connecting to others that seem to connect to segments of different colours. Not all the curve are the same piece, and it would look super blocky and wrong. 

On 9/9/2020 at 11:39 AM, Blackheart Brit said:

The Caribbean clipper version is great but the rear seems to black.  Could.oyu make that rail yellow or brown to tone down the black.   Maybe more blue and white could do it too. 

As I recall, the clipper had a fair amount of yellow on the stern.  I wonder if keeping the same amount of yellow as in the standard set would work for this.

To make you guys feel better, I'll render some of the stern of the carribbean clipper on the weekend.

Edited by Count Vroskri