Count Vroskri

[WIP] Building a new hull frigate

Hello, I didn't plan to start a thread for this frigate but after months of work, I knew I needed creative input. 

So, here goes:

I'm redoing the Hull ship bit by bit, here we go. I'll show you more later. 

This is just my design for the stern, so I'd like feedback from especially @Sebeus Ion on the custom stern, @Legostone and later on, @Captain Green Hair.

DSC_0250

DSC_0249

DSC_0251

She'll be a frigate of 26 guns 

Any feedback appreciated.

Count Vroski 

Edited by Count Vroskri
Forgot something.

Both stern and bow are nice, but that blue tube is too strong against the black and yellow... if you had it in gold, it would give some sort of contrast yet blend in with the other gold elements. Black would work too of course, but maybe it would result in a too homogeneous area where the elements wouldn't stand out that much.  

I'm inclined to agree that at the moment the different colors of tubing seem a bit odd.  But I've seen enough of your work to know that you're the Bob Ross of shipbuilders, so I'm going to sit back and watch where this takes us :-)

_20200908_180850

Sorry for the double post and the bad photos. Some progress, looking a bit better I think. 

DSC_0262

Frigate WIP

Time for an update, not much from me, just some pics.

Frigate WIP

The red sail isn't actually to do with that ship, it's another one. 

Stern Close up

Stern not done yet. 

1790 carronades

Carronades plans. 

Carronades

Actual carronade. 

Feedback welcome! 

On 9/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, Count Vroskri said:

_20200908_180850

Seeing the length-height ratio, I would have sweared it would turn out too bulky. But the full broadside looks good.

17 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

Frigate WIP

I think the Ymir looked similar to the firt picture too at some point.

Overall I'm confident in your building style and think you will achieve something you like.

9 hours ago, Wellesley said:

Seeing the length-height ratio, I would have sweared it would turn out too bulky. But the full broadside looks good.

I think the Ymir looked similar to the firt picture too at some point.

Overall I'm confident in your building style and think you will achieve something you like.

DSC_0288

She kind of is.... Any ideas for this? 

She's the same height as @Legostone's la comete, but lower at the stern. 

Here an update, lowerd the Hull by 1brick and trying a new design for the lower stern.

TREASURE of posieden and frigate

Town in the back is for BoBs. 

What do you think of the white tiles on the side?

On 9/26/2020 at 3:55 PM, Count Vroskri said:

1790 carronades

Carronades plans. 

Carronades

Actual carronade. 

Feedback welcome! 

May I suggest you add the 553b part

553b.png

to your carronade or a 98100 one

image.png.6c9abbd9e7509a46270d85f96c6c1f3a.png

Your frigate is looking good, if you have a question about the BoBs class, it's going to reach class 6 (perhaps 7)

Just now, Professor Thaum said:

May I suggest you add the 553b part

553b.png

to your carronade or a 98100 one

image.png.6c9abbd9e7509a46270d85f96c6c1f3a.png

I have tried these already, and it looked like a fire hydrant. But thanks for the feedback anyway! 

18 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

instead of the 6541 brick ?

Aye, it looked too short. 

24 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Your frigate is looking good, if you have a question about the BoBs class, it's going to reach class 6 (perhaps 7)

Thanks, still not sure about the class. 6 is definite, while I feel it could be a stretch to class 7. She Is 2 studs longer than La Comete, which is class 7, but 1 stud lower. 

7 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

the class depends on the deck number too.

Shell be a frigate with a well deck, so a gundeck plus a quarter and forecastle. 

Frigate stern 2nd draft

Stern first draft. I feel that the blue flextube at the bow fits now the stern has some. 

DSC_0308

Started stern galleries. Not too good at the moment and the stern is too tall.. 

Looking good! I have some of those white hulls coming tomorrow and will use this as a reference

10 hours ago, evancelt said:

Looking good! I have some of those white hulls coming tomorrow and will use this as a reference

Thanks! How many hulls do you have? You are free to ask questions if your wondering how I did something. 

6 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

Thanks! How many hulls do you have? You are free to ask questions if your wondering how I did something. 

I think what is in the mail is 5x the bottom middle section, 2 of the end bottom bow pieces, and 2 of the ribbed bow pieces. It looks like that's pretty much what you used, except you only used the ribbed bow piece on the front (not on the back)?

55 minutes ago, evancelt said:

I think what is in the mail is 5x the bottom middle section, 2 of the end bottom bow pieces, and 2 of the ribbed bow pieces. It looks like that's pretty much what you used, except you only used the ribbed bow piece on the front (not on the back)?

Your exactly right, the upper bow part was not used so I could have a more realistic stern. I used 5 middles as well. Designing a upper stern design is tricky ( the Brick built white part) but if you do this you should check out @Maxim I's Princess Margot (6 miss) , and @Sebeus I's Beatrix (5 mids) and his Raging Fire (4 mids). 

Great looking ship so far!

I guess I'm a bit too late with this since you progressed this much already but I actually designed a better solution for the stern than what I had for my previous ships.

this is the hull of "La Beatrice" (new version of the Beatrix)

rear_20201208_004033.jpg

(Sorry for the bad quality of the image)

17 hours ago, Sebeus I said:

Great looking ship so far!

I guess I'm a bit too late with this since you progressed this much already but I actually designed a better solution for the stern than what I had for my previous ships.

this is the hull of "La Beatrice" (new version of the Beatrix)

rear_20201208_004033.jpg

(Sorry for the bad quality of the image)

Don't worry, she's not at all changed since last pictures but I appreciate the help. The new stern design does look much nicer and cleaner than the current one I have now but I'm still not sure about the height. 

Also, I can't wait to see how the new Beatrice turns out. Thanks!