I found these a little while back while I was at my grandparents in north wales. In ASDA there was a bucket full of technic set 1259, a small yellow motorbike. Seaming as they were only an amazing 30 pence which is 60 cents or something for 1 I bought about 30 or so for the parts. I have kept about 10 unopened for the future. Does anyone think this is a good find heres the set on brickset

Well it's nearly ten years old now so I suppose it is quite special.

Not a set I would buy straight away. But then again, 60 cents is really cheap.

So yes, a nice found and wise to buy.

Were there any other sets dating back to 1999?

peace,

Dr. Brick

Edited by Dr. Brick

There were some more technic sets and a whole load of original star wars sets £2 wich is $4 i think for a gungan patrol thing and £7 $14 for a Gungan sub. Amazingly there were ewok sets from episode 6 :cry_happy:

See, now this is where Bionicle becomes important to me.

I used to see ads in comic books for Lego Technic sets... and they were all as minimally designed as that.

It was because of Technic sets like this and wretched Happy Meal System sets that looked like nothing which made me think I'd never get into Lego.

Yet a few action figure-type ball joints later, and...

(NOTE: The above text was in no way meant to call people who liked 1259 "wrong".)

I think mini sets are actually quite cool if you get them often like in the advent calenders because you can join them together to make cooler creations

Does anyone think this is a good find heres the set on brickset
There were some more technic sets and a whole load of original star wars sets £2 wich is $4 i think for a gungan patrol thing and £7 $14 for a Gungan sub. Amazingly there were ewok sets from episode 6

I think that the Star Wars sets you mentioned were much more of a find. 1259 for 30p is okay but the pieces aren't that useful on their own. Star Wars on the other hand is very collectable and £7 for a new Gungan Sub is a great price. Out of interest , how long ago are you talking? I haven't seen any older Star Wars stuff for a couple of years now.

I found all the sets about mid april 2008. I reckon they were old stock hanging around in ASDA's warehouse and they just put em out

Edited by Skipper 24

I found all the sets about mid april 2008. I reckon they were old stock hanging around in ASDA's warehouse and they just put em out

Shame they didn't do the same in my local ASDA :hmpf_bad:

No doubt someone got some bargains... :thumbup:

:oh3:

A Gungan Sub for £7????

wow

Now that's a special find.

So is the Gungan Patrol. Correct me if I'm wrong but those animal thingies are worth quite a lot.

Dr. Brick

I have a very similar set that was part of the newer Shell line, 2554 I think. It's actually pretty neat that they put in any functionality at all (suspension) on such a small model.

my friend has a whole load of the gungan animals (20 or so) as far as i no they are not that expensive. however i belive ewoks are. can people in the uk use bricklink? or is it all in dollars because i really want to get some more gungans.

special note to brickbitz... if you didnt know i am the guy that lives in woodbridge,suffolk who emailed you

my friend has a whole load of the gungan animals (20 or so) as far as i no they are not that expensive. however i belive ewoks are. can people in the uk use bricklink? or is it all in dollars because i really want to get some more gungans.

special note to brickbitz... if you didnt know i am the guy that lives in woodbridge,suffolk who emailed you

I did recognise the name :classic:

Anyone can use Bricklink, there are a lot of UK based stores on there, if you want to email me I can give you a list of one's I'd recommend.

All the prices are in dollars but UK sellers normally accept payment in GBP, it's converted using either a fixed rate set by the seller or based on a site like www.xe.com.

Currently a rough guide is $1 = 50p

Thanks I will check out Bricklink. what stores do you suggest????

:pir_yoda: long live pirate yoda arghhhhh

Edited by Skipper 24