Sign in to follow this  
BardDandelion

Drakkar

Hello, would like to share a small teaser of my LUG newest collab project. We are building viking village, it will premiere this weekend at convention in Poznan, Poland.
Diorama is going to be over 50 BP big (my part is 16 BP) - sea, beach and buildings on the cliff included.

50290878106_53e9d4aaa6_z.jpg

This is going to be huge and awesome so check Zbudujmy To! instagram to keep in touch with this and other projects and MOCs made by LUG members. ;)
Hope you enjoy it. ;)

This teaser of a boat is very cute and I adore the simple sail & rigging. I can’t wait to see more of the collaboration this weekend! Thanks for sharing.

Lovely creation :thumbup:. I especially like the way the furled sails are done and the sea effects. I also appreciate the yellow minifigures - I’m not a fan of fleshies.

Got to ask: What are BPs? I’m guessing a unit of length or area of some kind. Base Plate? If so, which base plate? LEGO does them in different sizes.

19 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

Lovely creation :thumbup:. I especially like the way the furled sails are done and the sea effects. I also appreciate the yellow minifigures - I’m not a fan of fleshies.

Got to ask: What are BPs? I’m guessing a unit of length or area of some kind. Base Plate? If so, which base plate? LEGO does them in different sizes.

I'm guessing a regular 32x32 baseplate, so his 16 will be 4x4 or 8x2 baseplates. In the picture, you can just about see a join in the line of tiles, possibly where the baseplates butt up against each other.

I can't wait to see the whole collaboration set up.

That is one beautiful longship, mate!  The use of those large brown slopes is definitely something to remember, and the surrounding scene is great as well!  If this is just a small teaser I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the whole thing! :excited:

@jimmynick It turned out really great. One of my friends took photos and we wil publish them soon. ;)
@JintaiZ @Count Vroskri @LEGO Train 12 Volts @goceltic67 @Garmadon @LettuceBrick Thanks guys! ;)
@AmperZand By BP I meant 1 base plate 32x32. We use them because they are quite common and the size is very convenient. Even one BP may look nice and it's very easy to make two or four of them. 48x48 are a bit to big imho.
@MAB My part was 2x6 and extra 2x2. L-shaped.

Really nice! Can't tell whether the "Captain" character is a human or a dwarf, but he's got a lot of character :D Also the boat really reminds me of the ones in the Witcher!

Edited by Sarophas

That's a really great build.  I've been working on a MOC that involves water, and truth be told I can't seem to get the design to look natural.  Somehow it always looks contrived.  Yours is really natural-looking.  Nice job!