Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[Factions Ep. 6 - Cat B][I7 - Kril'Dor - CFS] Battle for Kril'dor

*Your entry has earned 18 XP*

A lonely Arquitens-class light cruiser reports in from the enemy's outer perimeter. With news of coordinated attacks against Moff Pyerce's fleets, the blockade of Kril'dor is nervous. No military vessels are known to be in the sector. But that does not comfort the battered and beaten Imperial crews.

50290683288_2621972778_b.jpg

With nothing to report, the Arquitens moves on... PROXIMITY ALERT! COMMS JAMMED!

50291357761_6e94913422_b.jpg

The attack has begun!

Spoiler

"It's time to get these crooked megablocks. [spits] Hugo, light up that cruiser with the gallaghers. Carl, my gun..."

50291359126_61aa8ba66d_b.jpg

The Imperial forces did not account for all of the ships in the nearby systems. Those particularly registered under the Confederacy of Free Systems had crews that remembered their lives under the galactic overlords, and some had the grant money to get their ships anywhere they wanted to go.

50290683958_479c3428b8_b.jpg

Alistair Hennessey's research vessel, the C.F.S. Eleanor was ready for a fight. Neither asteroids or Imperial forces could keep Operation Hennessey from any prize.

50291357081_e22b2dd553_b.jpg

Spoiler

"Thank you Carl. All power to the engines. It's time to hunt down these sickos."

50290686173_ba91c467fb_b.jpg

The Battle of Kril'dor has begun.

50291506872_8ccf15cd43_b.jpg

Spoiler

If you haven't seen the Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, please stop reading this and go watch it. Alistair Hennessey is a complete rip off of Jeff Goldblum's character, and the C.F.S. Eleanor is named for Eleanor Zissou.

The Recusant-class destroyer in the background is an old build (not for judging).

The Munificent-class frigate ended up being 95 studs long. The proportions didn't turn out great, but it was quite the beast to handle. The Arquitens is about 40 studs. 

Edited by goatman461

This thing could absolutely stomp some watermelons. Those shots turned out great. Forget the proportions: I can't believe you finished this in the allotted time. Design-wise, it wasn't exactly just another Star Destroyer. 
Great work, fearless leader!

The Munificent-class frigate looks great and must have really taken some time. I do feel like the dark blue is a bit wasted on it though, there is so much contrast between the white and the greys that the dark blue doesn't really come through - especially from the side angle. The Arquitens is good too!

Love the yellow accents on the Star Destroyer. And both ships are just stunning!

On 9/1/2020 at 1:40 AM, marvelBoy123 said:

The Munificent-class frigate looks great and must have really taken some time. I do feel like the dark blue is a bit wasted on it though, there is so much contrast between the white and the greys that the dark blue doesn't really come through - especially from the side angle. The Arquitens is good too!

I think you're right. the wings were the first thing I did and then decided to got with the Operation Hennessy look with more muted colors. Still liked the hint of blue though. More white on the back would help, too.  

On 9/1/2020 at 7:34 AM, Darth Bjorn said:

That ship is amazing! I love that overhead shot, your ship dwarves the imperial cruiser... That's terrifying!! Brilliant work!

Thanks. I was going for a Jaws shot with a reveal as you scroll. I was also surprised by the pattern that ended up with the triangles, so I do like that angle.

The main ship with this resolution is impressive and the overall shape is very unique. Great work!