Sign in to follow this  
alanyuppie

[MOC] Transformer Triple changer Seaplane Excavator aka Skytrax

Name: SkyTrax
Allegiance: Autobot
Alt Modes: Seaplane, Excavator
This project was Inspired by a sketch shown in TF:Generations book published back in the early 2000's.

a24.jpg

Since I am a fan of triple changer, I have been harboring intentions to build it one day , using LEGO of coz!  

And that day finally came  (early last year), when I discovered the toy prototype of this TF actually exists ,despite not being used in G1 Transformers (below). What a shame!

a21.jpg

And off I go! First 3 months progress were really fast and I'm almost done building in 6 months. It took me another year to put a closure to this due to me procrastinating* and felt unsure of its final color scheme.

*I actually initiated 5 other lego triple changer  projects  between this one.

EXCAVATOR MODE

I kinda lowered my bar here. Usually I prefer to use real working tracks for my LEGO creations. This time around, due to complexity of triple changers... I must implement "fake" tracks.

b04.jpg
b28.jpg

SEAPLANE MODE

Propeller was the last thing I applied before wrapping this project up. Initially its a 2-blade prop, but I took the liberty to confirm my design by googling photos of seaplanes to discover 3-blade is much common.

d07.jpg
d22.jpg
d27.jpg
d34.jpg

ROBOT MODE

He ended up top heavy with huge back kibble. Luckily his wide footprints ensured his stability.

f00.jpg
f23.jpg
f26.jpg
f41.jpg
f58.jpg
Z11.jpg

For more photos especially on how he transforms from 1 mode to another, visit my blog link below:
https://alanyuppie.blogspot.com/2020/08/lego-transformer-triple-changer_30.html

After this .. I shall return to completing my Astrotrain, Doubledealer and Octane.

Do follow me on instragram to see my work in progress
www.instagram.com/alanyuppie78