The wheels dictated the size, so 1:8.4 was what was calculated.  And by the looks of it, my calculations of all the dimensions were pretty good.

5 hours ago, nicjasno said:

The wheels dictated the size, so 1:8.4 was what was calculated.  And by the looks of it, my calculations of all the dimensions were pretty good.

How do the overall dimensions compare to a Lego 1:8 supercar?

I guess a little bigger, as those tyres while the same overall diameter as supercar tyres, are representing a smaller irl wheel ?

Hello @nicjasno

To respond to your livestream, I would love it if you built an 8x8 military truck such as the Oshkosh HEMTT with the Lego 62.4x20 wheels! 

The Oshkosh HEMTT would be my choice because it can be adapted for so many different purposes, but the one I like the most is the Load Handling System. Actually, right know I am building a small scale of the HEMTT truck with the wheels from the Lego 60251 set, it is about 1:56.4. I am aiming for a minifigure scale vehicle that has a cab for the minifigs, but since I want to use Lego Power Functions to make it motorized, I might not be able to. 

@nicjasno, the piece you use for the wheel caps (87407), is that piece close to the dimensions need or does it need to be bigger? It doesn't look like the right size compared to the photos of the real Charger. There are some other pieces that I found that might work such as 295867095, or 3650b.

I like your ingenious use of part 24014 for the hood mechanism!

@nicjasno, you have done a great job with making the model astheticly realistic to the real car, it looks just the perfect scale for those huge wheels:)

1 minute ago, Evan-Eleven the Engineer said:

the piece you use for the wheel caps (87407), is that piece close to the dimensions need or does it need to be bigger? It doesn't look like the right size compared to the photos of the real Charger. There are some other pieces that I found that might work such as 295867095, or 3650b.

I like your ingenious use of part 24014 for the hood mechanism!

What i am using is what i had on hand. 2958 might indeed be the better choice. I'll see if there are some in gray available.

I looked on Bricklink and could not find any other disk pieces that had a slightly domed shape to them to match the photos. 

@nicjasno, I know that you are more interested in cars, more specifically sports cars or muscle cars, but what would you like to build next? 

I don't think that an Oshkosh HEMTT would be on the top of your list:P

Maybe a Pontiac Firebird??? I have always loved the appearance of the car:)

Just now, nicjasno said:

I think the small scale car will be something fwd, like a vw van or golf. Just to be different.

Hmmmm. Then I would go for the Honda Civic Type R 2020, it is a great car; I know from riding in a '99 Civic that it has great grip around corners!

14 minutes ago, Evan-Eleven the Engineer said:

Then I would go for the Honda Civic Type R 2020

I would love to see a Type R done right. +1 from me. 
Although a classic VW Golf would also be nice to see in Technic. I don’t think that has been done yet.

Just now, LvdH said:

I would love to see a Type R done right. +1 from me

I would LOVE to see this! I would also suggest some 90’s Japanese car which I think would look neat.

I also

20 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

have only black in my inventory

Is that a BMW E30 3 series @I_Igor?

That would probably be easier to build than a Civic. But I still think a Honda Civic would be a great choice to make out of Technic:4170424_001H-1200x765.jpg

@I_Igor I was close:) 

7 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

RC Civic was build already in Technic about year ago or something...

Do you mean that @nicjasno built an RC Civic before or did someone else?

I know you mentioned a golf mk3 on the streams, and it seems to be your preference. There's only one problem with it, it's not a cool car. It's not cult like a mk1, it's not the first comfortable one that you'd still use daily now like a MK4 is... It's just the ugly sister.

How about (in a similar architecture) a Renault 5 turbo, Williams Clio, any civic R... Something, anything, where the car itself is cool.

Edited by amorti

1 hour ago, Evan-Eleven the Engineer said:

@I_Igor I was close:) 

Do you mean that @nicjasno built an RC Civic before or did someone else?

"Someone else"; here it is

4 hours ago, LvdH said:

I would love to see a Type R done right. +1 from me. 
Although a classic VW Golf would also be nice to see in Technic. I don’t think that has been done yet.

I built a classic GTI, but it seems that I haven't got around to posting it anywhere. It was built to tiny scale, with buggy motor drive!