mpj

[MOD] 42112 Renault Trucks C Cement Mixer

Since I saw the first images of the 42112 Cement Mixer I felt that the cabin looked too much as a child toy, and I wanted to create something closer to cement mixers I usually see here in Italy.

For this reason I decided to mod the cab, I created a cab similar to a "Renault C-range":

img_1439.jpg

img_1433.jpg

I also preferred to modify the original color scheme (white - blue - dark blue) and all the mudguards were modified into black.

img_1423.jpg

I've also added some details on the back, something that was missing in the original model:

img_1426.jpg

img_1436.jpg

A final photo of the Renault parked next to the Man TgX:

img_1465.jpg

Instructions are available on rebrickable:

https://rebrickable.com/users/technicprojects/mocs/

I hope you like it :sweet:

Even if lego establishes it as a new standard, it is too small for me.

But I think it's awesome what you make of it. The Renault is easy to recognize.

I also love your TGX and wanted to use the fenders on mine first, but they don't come in yellow.

Very recognizable and at the same time IMHO looks very good :thumbup:

Really like you model !!!!  But I think it whill look much better whith twin wheels in the back

The Renault cabin is really an eye-catchter. The grey and black panels fit so well here!

The Renault Cab is a nice alternative.  Did you need many extra parts?  Also well done for closing in the water tank.  It looks much better than in the 42112.

19 minutes ago, trekman said:

The Renault Cab is a nice alternative.  Did you need many extra parts?  Also well done for closing in the water tank.  It looks much better than in the 42112.

Here you can see the list of the extra parts needed, most of them are very common parts:

https://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/slow/?format=grid&1-set=MOC-50233&1-inv=72136&1-user_list=&2-set=42112-1&2-inv=67068&2-user_list=&export_set=1&1-set=MOC-50233&1-inv=72136&1-user_list=&2-set=42112-1&2-inv=67068&2-user_list=

Thank you all for your kind comments :classic:

Somehow it looked (to me) better without front stickers, but it is just my own opinion...

I used what i had in my collection. I only have a handful of dark blue parts and non of them are technic parts, so i used (for example) white on the front, and to hide it, i used the set stickers together with some white sticker sheet leftovers i cut out.

Also the orange corners were kinda intentional. Wanted some warning stripes on the corners, so i used orange parts together with black sticker leftovers, which also came from a used sticker sheet. All sticker sheets have a black stripe on them which never gets used.

I like the color scheme, looks like a real construction vehicle with those orange and black stripes on the bumper :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

I used what i had in my collection. I only have a handful of dark blue parts and non of them are technic parts, so i used (for example) white on the front, and to hide it, i used the set stickers together with some white sticker sheet leftovers i cut out.

Also the orange corners were kinda intentional. Wanted some warning stripes on the corners, so i used orange parts together with black sticker leftovers, which also came from a used sticker sheet. All sticker sheets have a black stripe on them which never gets used.

You made what you can and limited resources always bring creativity to higher level.