Lind Whisperer

H20: Fantasy's Back on the Menu!

Is "Lind Whisperer's Sandy's Heroica: THE RPG" funny or too self-aggrandizing?  

1. 1. Is "Lind Whisperer's Sandy's Heroica: THE RPG" funny or too self-aggrandizing?

• If there was any question, you wouldn't need to ask
    • Obviously yes
    • Eh

23 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Sure :wink: :wink: :wink: not that is what I was saying, Angor never going to think he is in some simulation. I was just being "the devil's advocate", you know the annoying guy. 

This is @Waterbrick Down I don't know what happened with the quoting... 

Like I said I get wanting to play with something familiar, you could say that is what The Demon Germ is. But apparently it was the reference that was the problem, if he @Classic_Spaceman just kept it vague and not mention any names it sounds like it would be OK. 

You should keep an eye on Ninjago stuff. Their last line dealt with cyber space, the ninjas suits are called Digi (insert ninja's name here). Imagine it would work well with the 2.0 stuff, and if you look around now the sets are mostly on clearance in places, I seen Jay Walker's arcade pod and Cole's +4 "car" set(s) for half price {$5 each original price $10 each}. 

Nice I'll keep my eye out. Yeah it's getting close to that science fantasy vibe we're after.

As I am not completely familiar with the 1.0 rules, I have a few questions. 

1.) Can additional party members enter a battle once it has begun, and, if so, can they do so immediately or do they need to wait a certain number of rounds? 
2.) The ‘Blinded’ status effect renders a target unable to perform physical attacks - Am I correct in assuming that this would not affect magical attacks? Edit: I think so, since the ‘Sealed’ effect prevents the use of magic. 
3.) Do party members need to perform an action during each round, or can they simply do nothing? 
Also, @Lind Whisperer, would MONAD’s passive special affect all heroes if a Smoke Bomb were used (That is, would each player need to roll in order to escape the battle, or just the player who uses the Smoke Bomb? Additionally, if this is the case, would the rolls and escapes occur at the same time, or would it progress sequentially through the Battle Order (thereby making it increasingly difficult for heroes to escape)?)? 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

17 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

As I am not completely familiar with the 1.0 rules, I have a few questions. 

1.) Can additional party members enter a battle once it has begun, and, if so, can they do so immediately or do they need to wait a certain number of rounds? 
2.) The ‘Blinded’ status effect renders a target unable to perform physical attacks - Am I correct in assuming that this would not affect magical attacks? Edit: I think so, since the ‘Sealed’ effect prevents the use of magic. 
3.) Do party members need to perform an action during each round, or can they simply do nothing? 
Also, @Lind Whisperer, would MONAD’s passive special affect all heroes if a Smoke Bomb were used (That is, would each player need to roll in order to escape the battle, or just the player who uses the Smoke Bomb? Additionally, if this is the case, would the rolls and escapes occur at the same time, or would it progress sequentially through the Battle Order (thereby making it increasingly difficult for heroes to escape)?)? 

If the rules are not changing from 1.0:

1. This is GM dependent, usually a party member can express their desire to join a battle in progress via boldly describing the action. You can then usually act as long as the hero is included in the battle statistics.

2. Blinded affects physical attacks only. Magical attacks (i.e. things that consume ether) still work.

3. Unless GM specified, you can do nothing.

20 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I kind of need this question answered too @Lind Whisperer, as it'll effect whatever decision I make.

7 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

I kind of need this question answered too @Lind Whisperer, as it'll effect whatever decision I make.

Same (which is why I have not posted yet). I am working on a few different strategies (hence my earlier questions), but what I choose is entirely dependent upon how the passive special works. 

21 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

1. Yes. 1 round cost.

2/3.  See WBD

6 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

One roll for all! (6 people = guaranteed)

• 1+1: Explosion (instant effect, knocks out the alchemist.)
  • 1+2: Diluted Arc Potion (Restores 15 health to all allies.)
  • 1+3: Diluted Arc Tonic (Restores 10 ether to all allies.)
  • 1+4: Purging Water (Removes all positive effects from all enemies.)
  • 1+5: Bad Breath (Causes the poisoned by 1-effect to all enemies.)
  • 1+6: Last Resort (Revives all knocked out allies with 1 health.)
  • 2+2: Arc Potion (Restores 30 health to all allies.)
  • 2+3: Arc Elixir (Restores 60 health and 15 ether to all allies and removes negative effects.)
  • 2+4: Bravado Brew (Causes the encouraged-effect to all allies.)
  • 2+5: Fog Bomb (Causes 15 damage and the blinded-effect to all enemies.)
  • 2+6: Hyper Arc Potion (Restores full health to all allies.)
  • 3+3: Arc Tonic (Restores 20 ether to all allies.)
  • 3+4: Cloud of Celerity (Causes the hastened effect to all allies.)
  • 3+5: Mystic Bomb (Causes 15 damage and the sealed-effect to all enemies.)
  • 3+6: Hyper Arc Tonic (Restores full ether to all allies.)
  • 4+4: Purifying Water (Removes all negative effects from all allies.)
  • 4+5: Fortune Flush (Causes the lucky-effect to all allies.)
  • 4+6: Smile of the Gods (Causes the blessed-effect to all allies.)
  • 5+5: Wyvern’s Breath (Causes the poisoned by 10–effect to all enemies.)
  • 5+6: Baffle Bomb (Causes 15 damage and the confused-effect to all enemies.)
  • 6+6: Doomsday Bomb (Causes 99 damage to all enemies.)

MONAD is vulnerable to all effects.

10 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

1. Yes. 1 round cost.

One roll for all! (6 people = guaranteed)

Thus: 
Round 1: 
 - "???": Attack (To avoid Free Hits) 
 - Yelana: Nothing 

All other party members join the battle. 

Round 2: 
 - Yelana: Smoke Bomb 

All party members escape. 

On 10/13/2020 at 11:25 AM, Lind Whisperer said:

Passive Special: Dominative Personality- The target finds themselves unable to use escape techniques and have to roll against (6 - party members)/6. (4/6)

Am I understanding this correctly? 

6 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Thus: 
Round 1: 
 - "???": Attack (To avoid Free Hits) 
 - Yelana: Nothing 

All other party members join the battle. 

Round 2: 
 - Yelana: Smoke Bomb 

All party members escape. 

Am I understanding this correctly? 

Correct!

Edited by Lind Whisperer

49 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

• 1+1: Explosion (instant effect, knocks out the alchemist.)
  • 1+2: Diluted Arc Potion (Restores 15 health to all allies.)
  • 1+3: Diluted Arc Tonic (Restores 10 ether to all allies.)
  • 1+4: Purging Water (Removes all positive effects from all enemies.)
  • 1+5: Bad Breath (Causes the poisoned by 1-effect to all enemies.)
  • 1+6: Last Resort (Revives all knocked out allies with 1 health.)
  • 2+2: Arc Potion (Restores 30 health to all allies.)
  • 2+3: Arc Elixir (Restores 60 health and 15 ether to all allies and removes negative effects.)
  • 2+4: Bravado Brew (Causes the encouraged-effect to all allies.)
  • 2+5: Fog Bomb (Causes 15 damage and the blinded-effect to all enemies.)
  • 2+6: Hyper Arc Potion (Restores full health to all allies.)
  • 3+3: Arc Tonic (Restores 20 ether to all allies.)
  • 3+4: Cloud of Celerity (Causes the hastened effect to all allies.)
  • 3+5: Mystic Bomb (Causes 15 damage and the sealed-effect to all enemies.)
  • 3+6: Hyper Arc Tonic (Restores full ether to all allies.)
  • 4+4: Purifying Water (Removes all negative effects from all allies.)
  • 4+5: Fortune Flush (Causes the lucky-effect to all allies.)
  • 4+6: Smile of the Gods (Causes the blessed-effect to all allies.)
  • 5+5: Wyvern’s Breath (Causes the poisoned by 10–effect to all enemies.)
  • 5+6: Baffle Bomb (Causes 15 damage and the confused-effect to all enemies.)
  • 6+6: Doomsday Bomb (Causes 99 damage to all enemies.)

I don't think you need to list the Alchemist special's list of concoctions here, especially as none of the party are Alchemists. :tongue:

Just now, Classic_Spaceman said:

"Uh, can you not? And what's with the cough, anyway - You said you were fine. . . Sorry - That was kinda rude. I guess Director Adhira's really rubbing off on me. Do you need a rebreather mask? I've got a few extras." 

This is a reference to Syn'ara Adhira, Director of the Blackstar Triad's Intelligence branch. 

I was tagged. I guess it was an interest check? To which my reply is probably no, while interesting from what I can guess, I have my plate full already. (I haven't logged in Eurobrick in months/years so I have no clue of how things developed.)

Edited by Wedge09

On 11/12/2020 at 3:35 AM, Wedge09 said:

I was tagged. I guess it was an interest check? To which my reply is probably no, while interesting from what I can guess, I have my plate full already. (I haven't logged in Eurobrick in months/years so I have no clue of how things developed.)

I feel the same way.  Life got heavy after Heroica.

On 11/9/2020 at 10:11 PM, Lord Duvors said:

OOC: I wouldn't take the entire image at face value, that picture is from 2011 and was taken by someone is isn't currently active on these forums for a different quest entirely. It's likely Lind is simply using it for the big snake and not for the rest of it's contents.

To be honest I think you're overanalyzing this a little, it's more likely that Lind simply wanted to indicate he was injured without putting much thought into the exact numbers.

Unless @Lind Whisperer indicates otherwise, I am treating anything that appears in the quest (pictures, stats, etc) as 'canon' and potentially-relevant. That said, I do recognise that this is a bit of projection on my part, as nearly all of Yelana's offhand comments (with the exception of her attempts to lie about her background) are significant in some way (I.E. references to other characters that I am working on, aspects of her actual background, callbacks to Mission Zero, etc). 

3 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

I may need to cancel this; this isn't fair to you guys and I am going through one of the worst periods of my life

I am sorry to hear that. We can put the quest on hold for now, while you deal with whatever is going on IRL. Take the time that you need, and we can revisit the game when you are feeling better. 

@Lind Whisperer; I'm sorry to hear you might not be able to complete this. I've honestly been worried for some time about you based on the things you've said, and if you can't continue because of your problems then certainly you should stop. But if it's only running the game that's a problem and you think you're still capable of playing then I could probably manage something if you're interested.

@Lind Whisperer if you really feel like, doing whatever for whatever reason. Personality the long time between post does sort of keep me out of game. And I really wouldn't blame you for anything, and would not hold any negative thoughts towards you. I hope it come out the right way and not to confusing. 

3 hours ago, Viper Knight said:

I wasnt able enough, sounds whatever though - my first troupe of figures is almost ready for a set. For alerting me, Grand Duke, you'll get an honorary mention on their introduction. Thanx!

I think the game went into a holding pattern, I would prefer if @Lind Whisperer would confirm this, it has been about a week now and no new updates.