Lind Whisperer

H20: Fantasy's Back on the Menu!

Is "Lind Whisperer's Sandy's Heroica: THE RPG" funny or too self-aggrandizing?  

1. 1. Is "Lind Whisperer's Sandy's Heroica: THE RPG" funny or too self-aggrandizing?

• If there was any question, you wouldn't need to ask
    • Obviously yes
    • Eh

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

Is their an estimated time when this quest might start? 

Not really no. We're still working on it but there's no estimated timeframe. I myself am a bit behind due to sudden writer's block but that won't last too long. I hope.

On 9/2/2020 at 2:47 PM, Peppermint_M said:

So, I see we create from the basics of Heroica. Do you have any pictures that showcase the theme/flavour of all this?

Spoiler

I've settled on "conveying the message builds". It's what I can do.

50369358727_0e932ff45d_k.jpgBioshack

A biohacker fervently tends his plant consoles while an augmented knight admits a borgman rebel!

Races:

1. Traditional
  2. Borg- Suffix: Semi-augmented, i.e., “borg-”
  3. Bioborgs: These biohackers have replaced so much of their bodies, their original races are indeterminable!
  4. Cyborg: See bioborg, but with metal
  5. Etherian: Mysterious living manifestations of the Ethernet, they inhabit artificial bodies made either from sculpted flesh or forged metal. In a nutshell, androids. The exact mechanism by which they attain sapience is currently unknown.

Player Character Creation*:

1. Picture: Build your own hero as a minifigure and add their picture in avatar size (100x100 pixels).
  2. Name & Player: The character’s name should fit the fantasy setting.
  3. Age, gender & race: For the first two, you can choose any, for the third see Races.
  4. Job Class: Choose one of the basic six classes (Barbarian, Cleric, Knight, Mage, Ranger or Rogue; see Job Classes).
  5. Level: All heroes start from Level 1.
  6. Power: Write in your base power, i.e. your level and your weapon power added together.
  7. Defense: If you are a Knight, write in your defensive power (SP) here.
  8. Health: Write in your current and maximum health (see Job Classes).
  9. Ether: If you start out as a Cleric or a Mage, write in your current and maximum ether (see Job Classes).
  10. Gold: All heroes start with 10 pieces of gold(+50 for QMs).
  11. Equipment: List your equipped weapon, shield and artefacts here. All heroes start with one weapon suitable to their job class that has the attack power (WP) of 3. Shields and artefacts are listed here too.
  12. Inventory: List your other items here. Each job class also gets two specific items (see Items):
  13. Barbarian: a Potion and a bottle of Mead.
  14. Cleric: a Potion and a Remedy.
  15. Knight: a Potion and a Shield with the defensive power (SP) of 2.
  16. Mage: a Potion and an elemental Gem of their choice (see Elements).
  17. Ranger: a Potion and a Smoke Bomb.
  18. Rogue: a Potion and a vial of Venom. 

Player Characters:

Open Quests:

Quest H20.1: The Mystery of the Maze!
Pitch: Escape the Unholy Mountains! Warped by magic, this range confines to strange laws of nature - you must fine a path through to Cold Night and solve the mystery of the maze!
Quest Masters: Lind Whisperer
Party Requirements: None
Reward: 1/3 of the way to saving your tribe!
Sign-ups Close:? Looking at Sep. 28 or so

Oh my goodness I am so sorry I have not seen this sooner!  I have just been very busy and lacking any creativity the past couple of weeks.  I think when the Heroica 2.0 chat slowed down my motivation just took a toll.  This looks like a good solution to scratch that itch haha.  Well, if you still need an extra participant I can try to make some time to join in.  I just do not think I have the time and motivation to host though.

20200921_212137-1.jpg

golden_orc_square.jpg

Angor "The Arboretum" (samurai-turtle) 

"20 Years" Old; Male; Orc 

Barbarian 

Level 1 

Power - 4 

Health - 8/8 

Gold - 10 

Equipment - Crystalline Hammer (WP:3), 

Inventory - Potion, Mead, 

The Story So Far...

Traveling far and wide, Angor original comes from a mountainous region near farming planes (living in the mountains with other Orcs). The humans farmers started to call him "The Arboretum" because they thought he looked similar to a tree (from his Olive Green skin plus his Brown hair to his Yellowish eyes and being about Seven feet tall). And then the rest of the Orcs stared to call him that and the nickname just stuck. Having some desire to be a "Champion", Angor started to compete in the "Entertainment Pits", after awhile he noticed a limit to his skills. At some point he stared to talk to Dwarves and other creatures coming to watch the "Pits" he stared to get ideas to look for some kind of "Master" to help him become a "Champion". But, right now Angor is staying in community with a "little" snow problem can he help them... 

I hope this is what you want,  I put the story in mostly because I had very similar character made but haven't used yet. (And maybe help flesh out a little more of the guy.) But the picture is probably not the right size if someone could resize it I would appreciate I only have a questionable cell phone to work with. 

Edit - I added the correct size picture but keep the original for reference sakes. 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Added comment and picture

Working on it! 

Got to find the best entry music... Also, I was checking for the right place to intro a character?

I edited the above post with the correct size picture. 

As for any theme song I really don't have one in mind maybe Pokemon the one with champion in it. Another one I thought of could be the Digimon since it says "Digimon digital champion" in one of their songs. And as a last resort and kind of a *BEEP* YOU attitude the theme to Sailor Moon. :devil: 

On 9/21/2020 at 8:26 PM, samurai-turtle said:

The Story So Far...

Traveling far and wide, Angor original comes from a mountainous region near farming planes (with other Orcs). The humans farmers started to call him "The Arboretum" because they thought he looked similar to a tree (from his Olive Green skin plus his Brown hair to his Yellowish eyes and being about Seven feet tall). And then the rest of the Orcs stared to call him that and the nickname just stuck. Having some desire to be a "Champion", Angor started to compete in the "Entertainment Pits", after awhile he noticed a limit to his skills. At some point he stared to talk to Dwarves and other creatures coming to watch the "Pits" he stared to get ideas to look for some kind of "Master" to help him become a "Champion". 

I hope this is what you want,  I put the story in mostly because I had very similar character made but haven't used yet.

It looks great, and I love the fig! :excited:

Only remark is: remember this is an ice apocalypse - no farming plains left! Maybe they're on top of a mountain? Or magically below the ice? Warmed by geothermal energy? (This last one would tie into Lord Duvor's work nicely!)

10 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I edited the above post with the correct size picture. 

As for any theme song I really don't have one in mind maybe Pokemon the one with champion in it. Another one I thought of could be the Digimon since it says "Digimon digital champion" in one of their songs. And as a last resort and kind of a *BEEP* YOU attitude the theme to Sailor Moon. :devil: 

Ooh, Pokemon's a unique but clever choice!

On 9/21/2020 at 8:20 PM, Goliath said:

Oh my goodness I am so sorry I have not seen this sooner!  I have just been very busy and lacking any creativity the past couple of weeks.  I think when the Heroica 2.0 chat slowed down my motivation just took a toll.  This looks like a good solution to scratch that itch haha.  Well, if you still need an extra participant I can try to make some time to join in.  I just do not think I have the time and motivation to host though.

Feel free! Spare players are all welcome!

Spoiler

Just maybe use a single character for this one arc, okay? :wink::tongue:

On 9/22/2020 at 1:28 PM, Peppermint_M said:

Working on it! 

Got to find the best entry music... Also, I was checking for the right place to intro a character?

This thread, for the moment. :sweet: (For RP, the actual quest...)

Keep in mind - this is for everyone - for this arc, your characters are all representatives of the same tribe - whether mercs, natives, etc. We'll start out in-action.

6 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

It looks great, and I love the fig! :excited:

Only remark is: remember this is an ice apocalypse - no farming plains left! Maybe they're on top of a mountain? Or magically below the ice? Warmed by geothermal energy? (This last one would tie into Lord Duvor's work nicely!) 

Keep in mind - this is for everyone - for this arc, your characters are all representatives of the same tribe - whether mercs, natives, etc. We'll start out in-action.

I don't know if you ever played Dungeons and Dragons. But I originally made my character for that and their is a Background your character has, one of them is Far Traveler which I ended up using for my guy. Besides maybe my character is new to area and decided to stay there for a while. And I don't know how clear it was but he is not some farmer the humans are, I kinda had Amish in mind when I came up with that part. 

I just edited the story to help clear things up and make it seem like he is new to the area. 

8 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Feel free! Spare players are all welcome!

Reveal hidden contents

Just maybe use a single character for this one arc, okay? :wink::tongue:

Great!  And yes I most certainly will! :grin::thumbup:

I have to break out some boxes to get my hands on my collection. Besides the setting being an icy hell, can you spare some more details?  Also are we a tribe of Orcs or does it not matter?

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I don't know if you ever played Dungeons and Dragons. But I originally made my character for that and their is a Background your character has, one of them is Far Traveler which I ended up using for my guy. Besides maybe my character is new to area and decided to stay there for a while. And I don't know how clear it was but he is not some farmer the humans are, I kinda had Amish in mind when I came up with that part. 

I just edited the story to help clear things up and make it seem like he is new to the area. 

I think the story is fine! The only thing I'd keep in mind is what Lind said, that this is an icy apocalypse, so if there are any green places then they're being actively maintained by someone. I actually wrote out a whole orc nation that's going to be rather prominent in my quest (that's what Lind meant) and I'd be willing to share some elements with you if you want.

38 minutes ago, Goliath said:

Great!  And yes I most certainly will! :grin::thumbup:

I have to break out some boxes to get my hands on my collection. Besides the setting being an icy hell, can you spare some more details?  Also are we a tribe of Orcs or does it not matter?

Nice to have you! I don't think it matters what race you are, I'd rather the tribe have a good mix so plenty of different characters are available.

10 hours ago, Goliath said:

I think an answer is here...

19 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

I guess it is some type of city. :def_shrug: So if you want to play a standard creature I would try to connect to the quest some how. 

9 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

I think the story is fine! The only thing I'd keep in mind is what Lind said, that this is an icy apocalypse, so if there are any green places then they're being actively maintained by someone. I actually wrote out a whole orc nation that's going to be rather prominent in my quest (that's what Lind meant) and I'd be willing to share some elements with you if you want.

How is my character spouse to know any of this. :facepalm: I rather be in dark, so to speak. 

28 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

How is my character spouse to know any of this. :facepalm: I rather be in dark, so to speak. 

Because you come from far away and might've seen things? I don't know! You're not obliged to know if you don't want to.

11 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Nice to have you! I don't think it matters what race you are, I'd rather the tribe have a good mix so plenty of different characters are available.

Exactly - it's a multicultural tribe! Or, you're a merc that decided to help out, a wanderer, an assisting traveler...

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

I think an answer is here...

I guess it is some type of city. :def_shrug: So if you want to play a standard creature I would try to connect to the quest some how. 

It's more a small settlement - hunter gatherer, with a bare minimum of farming.

How does this look? 

49267649646_d026d4f5c6_t.jpg

Name: Yelana Fennix (Player: Classic_Spaceman) 
Species: Human 
Class: Ranger 
Job Trait: Animal Talk 
Level: 1 
Power: 4 (WP 3 + Level 1) 
Defence: 0 
Health: 6/6 
Gold: 10 
Equipment: Plasma Sniper-Rifle (Hand Cannon) (WP 3) 
Inventory: Potion (1x), Smoke Bomb (1x) 
Bio: Yelana Fennix is a young operative in the Blackstar Triad’s intelligence branch. Excelling in analysis and conceptual understanding, Yelana was recently promoted from technician to field agent. Though smart and observant, Yelana’s determination to prove herself to her more experienced twin sister often results in impulsiveness and a tendency to jump to conclusions that reveal her lack of practical expertise in espionage. 
Now, equipped with a prototype translation matrix that allows her to communicate with animals, Yelana Fennix is assigned to a remote icy world to determine the nature and cause of the mysterious “Spellplague” that blankets the planet. 

Intro Theme (sound, rather): 
http://www.trekcore.com/audio/aliensounds/romulan_transporter.mp3 

Notes: 
I reworked Yelana’s background to better reflect her stats and my own inexperience with RPGs, as well as to explain why a primarily tech/espionage-based character’s job trait is “Animal Talk”. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

@Classic_Spaceman

That's very well done! However I doubt that a tribe of hunter-gatherers would have a full on 'intelligence branch', a scout would probably be more appropriate. The high-tech equipment is probably fine though as that's intended to be fairly ubiquitous.

One thing I have to mention however is that you've forgotten to designate your weapon's type. Considering what it is I'd say it's a hand cannon. And since you're not a spellcaster you don't need to list Ether on your character sheet. Other then that you look fine!:thumbup:

21 minutes ago, Lord Duvors said:

That's very well done! 

Thank you. ?

However I doubt that a tribe of hunter-gatherers would have a full on 'intelligence branch', a scout would probably be more appropriate. 

I think that you may have misunderstood - My intention was for Yelana to be an offworld spy embedded with the tribe (posing as a "traveller", or something of that nature), in order to find out about the Spellplague. 
BTW, what is the name of the planet? 

One thing I have to mention however is that you've forgotten to designate your weapon's type. Considering what it is I'd say it's a hand cannon. And since you're not a spellcaster you don't need to list Ether on your character sheet. Other then that you look fine!:thumbup:

Ah. Thank you. ?

It looks good!

Only two things:

1. Lean in on the spy aspect, be very subtle - this planet is highly cut off, extra-terrestrials are highly rare - think modern Earth rare! :tongue:
  2. I see you're re-using your character - that's fine, I'm re-using my name - but just keep in mind this is it's own game - no crossovers!
57 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Thank you. ?

I think that you may have misunderstood - My intention was for Yelana to be an offworld spy embedded with the tribe (posing as a "traveller", or something of that nature), in order to find out about the Spellplague. 

Sounds good!

Ah...good question...yes...:blush:

...Don't have a new name yet.

15 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Does it need one? 'The World' is probably what most people call it and I don't think a post-apocalyptic setting would have a formalized name for the planet.

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

?

3 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

3 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Does it need one? 'The World' is probably what most people call it and I don't think a post-apocalyptic setting would have a formalized name for the planet.

Was it Olegaia for the last game? I could see this quest happening there, a small corner of course maybe in a different time. 

30 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Was it Olegaia for the last game? I could see this quest happening there, a small corner of course maybe in a different time. 

Spoiler

In full disclosure, it's supposed to "maybe" be Olegaia in the far future - but very plausibly deniable. Shh! :tongue: Secret!:wink:

15 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

In full disclosure, it's supposed to "maybe" be Olegaia in the far future - but very plausibly deniable. Shh! :tongue: Secret!:wink:

I all honesty I've just been treating it as a separate setting entirely. That's my preference and it doesn't matter anyway.

Ok Chaps I have my character, I have a track...Just have to wait for daylight to take a decent photo!

On another note: My brother saw me a-building and wondered if he could sign up to play?

21 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

On another note: My brother saw me a-building and wondered if he could sign up to play?

I see no problem with that. What do you think, @Lind Whisperer?

Edited by Lord Duvors
space