On 12/18/2021 at 4:36 AM, iLego said:

The steam engine is ingenious !!

Thank you very much. The train will be added very soon to youtube, rebrickable and all the other places.

Before it however - a year-long overdue submission of my other 42090 alternate builds:

A simple buggy that does wheelies. Inspired by Carmageddon 1 cars, driven by the Auto Scum faction in the game.
Carmageddon 1 is from 1997 so I'm shaking my walking stick here. I was 8 back then. But don't feel guilty if you haven't seen it.

hqdefault.jpg

Continuing the post-apocalyptic motorized thematic - a VW rat rod from 42090 set.
It's a VW Bug/Holden something if you squint very very hard and it's Mad Max inspired, because of these in the game /go play it!/:

681803-505691992.jpg

I have several more videos left to upload to YouTube and catch up with my MOC plans. For now this year was pretty underwhelming compared to 2020. I've sold MANY sets and scrapped at least 3 ideas for alt-builds.
Don't know about you, but I feel liberated if somebody makes a MOC idea before I do. And often times - in a pretty different manner too. :)

And another YouTube video for the end of the year - a combo mashup model from 42090-42091 cops'n'robbers theme -> The Police Bruiser /a lame pun for the P71 Police Cruiser/Interceptor/.
It's designed after the american half-cars like the AMC Gremlin. They call them "compact cars", we call them 3-door hatchbacks...

I've even made a SUV complementing the Police theme. However it didn't want to get done and I sold the sets.
I still have the disassembly video, but I don't think I'll get the nerves to bugfix the SUV. If you have a 42090 and 42091 to spare - send them to Bulgaria and I'll finish it :)
800x368.jpg  800x368.jpg

Happy New Year to all. I've begun another MOC from 42061 - Truck Dolly. Design is not final, but I've decided to share it.

n2x5y07h.jpg

51tftkFh.jpg

GWId2qUh.jpg

It's based on the back of the 42078 MACK Anthem Truck, but the fifth wheel can be moved and locked wherever needed.

This MOC is the base on which I'm building a low-boy loader trailer /and the development is stuck for about 4 months now.../. I'll post lots of stuff here soon :) Cheers!

640x640.jpg640x640.jpg

640x553.jpg640x343.jpg

Finally got to publish the two trains - 42101 and 42102. Boy are these sets a gold mine for MOCs...  Youtube videos are incoming soon too.

Edited by GTS

It's finally out. 2in1 on rebrick made me think about making a train out of every little set at my home. Sadly I've sold my 42031's and 42084 too.
In the previous post you can see the train bros I've made. 42102 is coming too. Pistons DO work :)
42102-illegal-locomotive-motion.gif

And the video is finally here. Even a 5 second speedbuild is included.I hope you like it.

Recreated the MACK's fifth wheel as an attachable dolly with two axles. Track width is adjustable and fifth wheel positioning too. Also the trailer hitch is articulated so it can vary in height.
I know it's very thrilling to see such an epic scale alt build of 42061.
After all it's not a supercar and no doors open. Yet I'm happy I've made it.

Edited by GTS

13 hours ago, GTS said:

I know it's very thrilling to see such an epic scale alt build of 42061.
After all it's not a supercar and no doors open. Yet I'm happy I've made it.

You made my day :laugh:

On 1/24/2022 at 9:07 PM, XTN said:

You made my day :laugh:

<3

One of my least performing youtube videos - the Power Puller Tractor from the 42103 Dragster. The rear wheels are small, but the front ones are on par. And it's got a suspension.

Also I'm open to ideas on how to make my YT thumbnails more engaging and less black. Any tips are welcome.

Apparently 42101 was my gold age of moc-ing - so a throwback to this.

Little builds like this one are always started as a joke and feel very weird when people like them afterwards.

After posting my other trains I've missed posting the "PAPA" one. It's goofy, and definitely not the last locomotive I'll make.

I've made a forklift D model too and currently have 2+ ideas for other mocs. Still no supercars in sight but oh well - what can you do with a SINGLE panel...

This is the first time I've assembled a MOC out of a set I don't physically own yet - most of the parts of my test mule are from 42096, 42061, 42102, 42047 and parts bins.

I've stashed my 42118+42119 combo alt-build for some time, as well as 42096 ideas and 42061 F1 conversion before I finish the 42133 initiative.

Edited by GTS

Thanks Thirdwigg!

So I've made another alt-build from the 42133 - a Dump Truck or how we call it in Bulgaria - Самосвал /self-un-loader/. Finally got a real 42133 in my hands. I should go for 1 more...
800x788.png

It's front looks like a skull so I'm still searching for a proper name for it, help me out...

Edited by GTS

42133E-Dumper_v07-paging.gif
Renders just finished rendering. Haven't built it yet from OG parts.

@tangers - thank you

42133-Combo-bros-pt04.gif

All 3 current 42133 alts are here, Youtube videos will follow later. Here you can see the forklift too.

42133F-Sprint-Car_V02.gif470x600-G8u6eLhX49dFnJ2x583990.jpg
And another 42133 alt-build is born. Instructions are on the way. IT's a SPRINT CAR. Yes, THOSE.

I'm happy with the result, and I've even made it steer. It's for sale like all the previous ones. Proportions are okay-ish. The rest I leave to you.

Edited by GTS

I've made some more small alts from 42133, a bundle is due.But first let me share with you the first ever two-stage rough terrain crane made from this set.

640x640.png.640x640.png

It's committing the cardinal sin of any alt-build - using non-LEGO equipment - adding a sewing thread to be able to lift stuff with it.
360 degrees turret rotation, friction-limited two-stage boom and boom elevation are the features. Instructions are currently in progress, but yeah. Witness this.

Edited by GTS

Aaand the crane is on it's second revision and is out on RB. Here's a fast render on how it looks in v2.

42133K-RTCv2-Zturntable-Solo.gif
Features include:
-Two stage boom
-360 rotating boom
-Selectable pivot point for the boom
-Winch
-Massive hook
-Ladders on both sides
-Massive bumper with hook catch for transport mode
-Counterweight on the back of the superstructure

640x640.jpg   640x640.jpg

Signature contains links if you want to see more of it.
Gallery -> https://bricksafe.com/pages/kostq/42133k-rtcv2

800x450.png800x450.png
42116 turned into 42133 - yup, it's possible!

I'm still making the model's instructions - currently on the paging phase. I haven't showed you A LOT of my 42133 alt builds too. Getting closer and closer to my 50th MOC...
Features - it steers, has boom elevation and some fork tilt with the weird assembly there.
Steering is reversed as I ran out of parts and the forks can't hold much cargo. But it works and rolls great..

Edited by GTS

<Maaboo35 quote> -> Thank you for your kind words.

I've made another 42116 alt build - a 42102 Claas Xerion Mini. It steers and that's it. It made me very happy as it was a weird challenge to solve, yet not impossible to do so.
The two fender pieces and the same tires were tempting me for at least an year to try and replicate 42102 out of 42116's pieces.
The 4L spacing of the Xerion's axles was a pain, as there are only 4! half-height pieces in 42116 and NO 1/2L spacers. NONE! Steering mechanism was a challenge.

This guy saved the day in the front 85x85p.jpg?1658325812.9677973, these 85x85p.jpg?1658325741.455785- in the back. The wheelbase is longer with a stud as the geometry of the double bent beams would clash with the other structures around.
The back of the model is just there. The Xerion without the attachment isn't that pretty either.

640x317.jpg  640x355.jpg  640x330.jpg42116O-Claas-V2.gif

Links to gallery and instructions are in the signature if you're interested at all in them. Cheers from Bulgaria!

Edited by GTS