LM71Blackbird

[COR - FB] Waterfront Cooperage, Quinnsville, Cocovia

Waterfront Cooperage

As Quinnsville develops into a larger trading hub, more and more diverse tradesmen are setting up shop in the City. The most recent addition to the already busy waterfront is a Cooper and his apprentice. 

50266238482_86f9079e88_c.jpgCooperage 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

While the master cooper does his craft inside, his apprentice busily cuts wood to the the right length for various size barrels.

50266238367_a1e69af5cc_c.jpgCooperage 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

All the while a young boy earns a few Doubloons sweeping up the sawdust from the pier.

50266238287_a9bae3e653_c.jpgCooperage 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

On the roof, an aspiring artist paints the view of the numerous ships that dock in the bustling port city.

50266060456_0a7ff7b442_c.jpgCooperage 4 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Inside, the Master Cooper assembles the barrels with great skill and precision. 

50266060261_6f27709443_c.jpgCooperage 6 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

After the boards are position and locked into place, the barrel is set over a fire before being fit to hold liquids.

50267459293_1c05f46884_c.jpgCooperage 7 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

With the addition of this craft to Cocovia, Barrels will no longer need to be imported, but can be procured directly from the docks before leaving for new adventures!

-----------------------------------------

The last build required to more Quinnsville to the next city level! C&C are welcome and appreciated and thanks for looking!

Nice dock scene, with lots of interesting details, and the snoted pier looks quite good too.

Excellent scene! I love how busy and detailed the build is. I always like the technic of using masonry bricks as flooring and it works great here.

And Large City! Nice, but it might take you a bit to catch up to Mesabi Landing :pir-laugh:

Nice idea for an artisan and good work on the details. The run down wooden look of the building is quite effective. I've been racking my brains trying to think of ideas for a smallish artisan to complete before the end of the month - I think you may have just inspired me to try a cooper!

Aha, another cooperage. I like this, especially the floor of profile Grove bricks is great. 

The minifgure selection, posing and actions make it really alive. As mentioned already, nice snot dock indeed. 

23 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice dock scene, with lots of interesting details, and the snoted pier looks quite good too.

Thank you!

19 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Excellent scene! I love how busy and detailed the build is. I always like the technic of using masonry bricks as flooring and it works great here.

And Large City! Nice, but it might take you a bit to catch up to Mesabi Landing :pir-laugh:

Thanks! I was going for a busy day on the pier. This is actually the first time I ave tried the SNOT building, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!

True! But Grand City is next on the agenda!

17 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Nice idea for an artisan and good work on the details. The run down wooden look of the building is quite effective. I've been racking my brains trying to think of ideas for a smallish artisan to complete before the end of the month - I think you may have just inspired me to try a cooper!

Thank you! I wanted it to look a little weather beaten begin so close to the water.

I'm Looking forward to seeing your take on it!

15 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

Aha, another cooperage. I like this, especially the floor of profile Grove bricks is great. 

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Fraunces said:

The minifgure selection, posing and actions make it really alive. As mentioned already, nice snot dock indeed. 

Thanks! 

Nice one! Although I would prefer some tiling on the surrounding wall (or some more detail rather than tiles all over), I still find the build excellent and azure color for sea has just become my favorite as it makes excellent contrast with lbg and brown! Finally, the irregular wooden tiles at the front of the building, the chickens and the painter on the roof are my three favorite details.

Edited by blackdeathgr