LegoDW

Barracuda Bay how popular is this set?

Easily one of the best and most enjoyable sets I've ever purchased. As to popularity, it was sold out after only about 2 weeks of being available. So... yeah, a lot of people wanted this set. It took almost 3 months for lego to resupply, at least here in the USA.

The set is very popular, yes. It might not be that much in my country, but at least it was available for purchase here (it is very rare for an ideas set to be sold in Latvia) but one thing I know is that it was pretty popular in Estonia, not sure about other countries really, but it is popular enough to be sold out quite early. 

Been a few months since purchasing this set.  Still love it!  Recommend to any ship builders out there.

I still dislike how Lego changed the original fan design. Obviously a few people in China also thought the fan design is better. Have a look at AliExpress...  ;-)

On 11/12/2020 at 11:44 PM, legotownlinz said:

I still dislike how Lego changed the original fan design. Obviously a few people in China also thought the fan design is better. Have a look at AliExpress...  ;-)

Yeah... :wink:

Plan to buy it in 2021.

Excellent Pirates Headquarters Base! Even better than the original fan submission.

Edited by Brickander Brickumnus

Hi! First time caller to this forum, found something looking up Black Friday USA deals worth sharing with this group...TLDR: if you are in the US at least, and thinking about getting barracuda bay during tomorrow’s VIP weekend, consider waiting until Black Friday.

Two days ago, I google searched LEGO Black Friday deals and found a search results page of tagged items for “Black Friday” on LEGO’s USA site which included the Disney train station. Next day I did the same thing, train station was gone and barracuda bay was there. Today, I did the same thing, and the search took me directly to Lego’s USA Black Friday webpage. 

This makes me feel pretty sure I found the Black Friday content tags as some marketing person was putting them into the website but before they shielded them. And if Black Friday is usually 20% off, that’s more than the effective 10% of a double VIP offer.

Please trust one person on the internet’s memory and speculation as much as you reasonably should, but I think I’m waiting for a sale on Black Friday before springing for barracuda bay this weekend in the US.

cheers

Finally bought this amazing Set at my local Galeria/Karstadt (Germany). They have black sale week: 20% off on all toys!

So 159,99€ for the Barracuda Bay, I had to buy it! Shame I couldn`t afford another Set, but maybe in the future I will get my hands on a second Bay. :)