TheAbsoluteSt81

Unpopular Opinions related to Lego Star Wars

Not sure if it's an unpopular opinion in general, or just in this thread, but I really want more TCW stuff, of a specific angle.

I want things that are more of a later-season bent. To give a similar amount of Clone army support for the Phase 2 Clones that the Phase 1 versions got in 2008.

It's been 12 years since we got an ARC-170 and I want another of those more than I want anything else.

Also I just... really don't care about the helmets and mosaics.

Edited by Lord-Vorahk

I guess since this topic has returned I should contribute my own "unpopular opinion", which is that I'm glad the smaller sets are coming back. The 2006 wave, I think, was a perfect balance of scale and price, and it feels like that mindset has returned. I enjoyed the hovertank from 2017 or so, but seeing the 2021 wave I'm glad we've got a TIE fighter at 35 GBP and an X-Wing at 45 GBP — not because I particularly want to purchase those sets but because it makes play more accessible to everyone, from those with the money to buy a whole wave to kids who can only afford a small set. IMO nobody needed the Poe Dameron X-Wing with around 750 pieces for 90 pounds or the TIE dagger with 450 pieces for 65 pieces. I understand they must have commanded a higher price to capitalize on the newer movies, but the prices were off-putting. It didn't seem like the sets offered all that much.

*65 pounds, sorry

2 hours ago, jimmynick said:

...IMO nobody needed the Poe Dameron X-Wing with around 750 pieces for 90 pounds or the TIE dagger with 450 pieces for 65 pounds. I understand they must have commanded a higher price to capitalize on the newer movies, but the prices were off-putting....

^^At least LEGO finally got the engines right with those new curved elements.  All the earlier iterations of the Resistance X-wing suffer, IMO.

The new movies - being aimless, recycled, forgettable garbage - didn't help soften the sticker shock either.