Ayrlego

[GoC] Stables, Elizabethville

When Corlanders first landed on the island of Lacryma, they recognised great potential in its rolling plains and more temperate climate. One of the first acts of the settlers was the introduction of horses, a move which paid of as now Lacryma is renowned across the brick seas for the best horses in the new world. Of course the facilities which have sprung up to cater for the equine industry on Lacryma are also first class, although like most structures in Elizabethville, they maintain the quaint cottage look of rural Corrington. Here founder of Elizabethville and indeed the equine industry on Lacryma, Sir Micah of Wolfhaven can been seen discussing the finer points of horse breeding with a visiting  Onondaga tribesman and the manager of this stable.

50258359171_1da5d7df7d_c.jpg

My first submission for the GoC category 'Equines of Elizabethville' and second of my 48x48 Corrie stable scenes. @SilentWolf I've included Sir Micah in the build, if that's a problem let me know and I can re-shoot without him. Also I intend on licensing in as a large artisan in the name of the settlement. Let me know if that is ok as well.

@Ayrlego

I'm not a corrie, so I don't know about any of this, but I have to say, this is a fantastic moc. It is beautiful, I love the roofs and the wood timbers. This is a fabulous Moc that deserves to be frontpaged.

Count Vroski 

WOW! I had to reopen the post with your earlier stables to ponder which of those two beauties I like the best (plus to do some close up inspecting at flickr)! This one is more "medieval" where as the other one is more "colonial". I am torn btw between those two styles. However the case, I really like the fact that both stables are really minifig scaled, something I really admire, respect and strive for in my builds too.

Edited by blackdeathgr

Wow, what a nice stable! The architectural details are (as always) great, as well as the accompanying story and the minifig posing. By the way, I hope the WTC won't begin any commercial activity on the island, or some of your thoroughbred horses will soon be stolen by unknown thugs! :pir_tong2:

Another great stabels. I like the other one a tad bit more, but that doesn't mean I don't like this one. Lots of great things to look at, such as the terrain texturing and the beautiful trees. That birch tree especially is eye-catching.

:thumbup: from me. This is a great build, and I like that your story and build keep a lot of the history and lore done before, including the white trees and the soldier uniforms. Thanks for the inclusion of Micah in this build! I had been wanting to do a build like this but just haven't had time for any building for a while. I also like the inclusion of both old and new horse molds in various colors. It adds so much diversity to the horses. 

Great build, the perfect amount of activity going on.  Those curved tiles look so good, and even the pretty simple roof is really nice.  A pleasure to behold like all of your MOCs!

Nice one, looks like the medieval stables of the British in Age of Empires 2, you nailed it .

Another stable, and a nice one, hard to say which one I prefer. Nice use of semi-arch pieces.