Hi

This weekend I could finsish the 8x4 dump truck project which I started somewhen in February. It is a simple 8x4 dump truck inspired by Scania G450XT. The functions are driving, steering, dumping and automatic tail gate locking. Everthing is controlled via Powered Up. I control the model with the brickcontroller2 app. For propulsion I used 2 x PU L motors and for steering and dumping one PU L Motor. I'm really happy with the PU system. For this moc it works great and the model is powerful. At the front axle I developed a new supension system. it is inspired by leave spring systems. However, there are no leave springs since I haven't found a proper solution for LEGO. Anyhow, the suspension works great. The model is built in scale 1:16.5 and fits to my telehandler and other mocs and Technic sets (42043)

IMG_20200611_140302.jpg

K1024_IMG_6213.JPG

Great looking replica! It looks robust and quite powerful. You came up with a very interesting solution regarding the front leaf spring suspension with the rubber beams. Also, the battery box location is just right, finishing the internal parts on the seats. 

i had the honor to test the chassis beforehand.

It's really great and the kienematic lifts quite well, my goal by testing was 3 Pick a Brick XL cups.

My design is a bit rawer than Simon's, but that's a matter of taste.

800x450.jpg

My final version has a standing hub, so i can use LiPo between the seats.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Looks awesome! The white really looks like a New Gen Scania G XT.

Edited by Coolusername

2 hours ago, grego18f said:

Great looking replica! It looks robust and quite powerful. You came up with a very interesting solution regarding the front leaf spring suspension with the rubber beams. Also, the battery box location is just right, finishing the internal parts on the seats. 

Thanks. Batterybox is a bit chunky but over all I think it fits. The other option was used by @huwi

Anyhow, the hub fits much better than the PF batterybox.

2 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

Interesting mechanism to auto lock. Very nice build! Very ingenious solution on the front suspension.

I'm realyy happy about the tail gate mechanism. Also used it in a similar way at the mack anthem dump truck and the MAN TGS 6x4 with crane and dumper. 

1 hour ago, HUWI said:

It's really great and the kienematic lifts quite well, my goal by testing was 3 Pick a Brick XL cups.

@huwi may dumper is not as strong as Huwis dumper but it can also dump a ful dumper of 1x1 round bricks. If you mount the tumper 1 stud higher then it is even stonger. But I wanted to have a stright line with the lower cabine edge. 

1 hour ago, Coolusername said:

Looks awesome! The white really looks like a New Gen Scania G XT.

This was the goal.

Simon,

Great MOC and nice to see that PU is usable for mocers. But I still prefer your telehandler (my favorite so far) and I'm happy telehandler is in the video.

Regards

42 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Simon,

Great MOC and nice to see that PU is usable for mocers. But I still prefer your telehandler (my favorite so far) and I'm happy telehandler is in the video.

Regards

I'm glad you like my telehandler. I like it too. But the Scania should be easier to build and should be more reliable. Next project is the Volvo L120H. Already started and should be similar to the telehandler in regards of speed and maneuverabilitiy. 

42 minutes ago, functionalTechnic said:

I'm glad you like my telehandler. I like it too. But the Scania should be easier to build and should be more reliable. Next project is the Volvo L120H. Already started and should be similar to the telehandler in regards of speed and maneuverabilitiy. 

Looking forward to see your next project. (Mine are on standstill due lack of time; this hole year goes from bad to worse...)

The yellow version looks great!

Are the leaf springs still supported by soft shock absorbers?

21 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Mine are on standstill due lack of time; this hole year goes from bad to worse

What went wrong? Corona?

20 hours ago, Jundis said:

Are the leaf springs still supported by soft shock absorbers?

The "leaf springs" only hold the axle in place and have therefore a similar function as real leaf springs. But, I use the short soft light blueish gray springs where in real trucks the shock absorber is mounted. Therefore, it is not a correct leaf spring suspension

14 hours ago, erikhortsch said:

tell me more about the telehandler

As Igor mentioned you can find infos on rebrickable but also somewhere here in the forum. But in short: it is a scale 1:16.5 JCB Telehandler controlled with two Sbrick (5 functions) and custom tires. For the instructions I used the old LEGO tires and the model works also with these tires very good although the tires sit on the wrong rims.

12 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Perhaps this could help you...

Thanks

Deleted

Edited by Void_S
Duplicated the already published link

@functionalTechnic, no Covid-19, we had enough natural resources in Croatia and that is why we gave so much enemies and forging Croatian history etc, but ni Covid19...

Firstly work from home is very difficult with younger generation, so from March until end of June I had practically no sleep in order to give back necessary information for education (I'm professor...); Then one our pet was (intentionally) run over by a car, then there were 2 earthquakes ( in March) and I had to help in some way despite lockdown. During June, July and August it is very hot at night so no sleep again and now I have a lots of paperwork for new school year... For Fastrac I still wait for some parts and telehandler chassis is something I'm currently working on, but I'll see if I can integrate 3 receivers in it (one would probably have to be a seat)

Kind regards and thank you for your concern my friend :classic:

3 minutes ago, functionalTechnic said:

I hope you can find sleep soon again. Im looking foreward to the Fastrac project. Why are you working with IR at your telehandler? Or did i got something wrong?

Well telehandler has 22 studs wheelbase so I have very limited space (it is something that you are familiar with)

On 8/23/2020 at 6:32 PM, functionalTechnic said:

Anyhow, the hub fits much better than the PF batterybox.

The biggest advantage is that the receiver is integrated and it is cheaper than PF with sbrick.

A small hub is practical for trailers, as these usually only have two functions, a sbrick is also disproportionate

On 8/23/2020 at 7:41 PM, I_Igor said:

and nice to see that PU is usable for mocers

There are a lot of options with PU to build a MOC. My first PU MOC was my MAN TGS 4x4 semi tractor in speptember 2019 after the publish of 42099, i'll present it later...

23 hours ago, Jundis said:

The yellow version looks great!

Thanks! I like it colorful. There's something yellow in line, in combination with my container trailer...