Murdoch17

Classic Space retro-futuristic "Astrotrain" diesel train and "Nucleus" atomic turbine (passenger train) MOCs

51303640297_d819584748_z.jpg

The whole train, including the new shovel-nose loco and extra (5th) passenger car.

51305396700_23fc58a042_z.jpg

This Zephyr-like loco is going to replace the engine at the head of my Astro-train. I decided to do this for one reason: motorization! I will soon be able to put a 9v motor at the head of the train, running it via electricity for shows with Gateway LUG.

51304582268_4dab249e6a_z.jpg

The inter-car connection is the same as before, and most of the needed parts for the engine (plus one more passenger car!) will come from the pervious loco.

ASTRO-BASE COMMUTER RAILROAD STATION

51297615469_fb8b0a752c_z.jpg

This commuter station will be the departure point for my two Classic Space trains. It features a very low floor with two accessibility ramps to get at the two train tracks - one run through and one stub end. There are two benches, two ticket machines, and a single double-sided analog clock. The manned ticket booth (for those uncomfortable or unfamiliar with the electronic machines) has a sign above it saying the train terminal's name, which is named Astro-Base. This is because it is located next to my Classic Space moon-base.

51297615489_397528791b_z.jpg

Here we see the other side of the run-through track.

When these two projects are bought together, two more straight base walls sections are also added to the list, so the station will have plenty of room inside the walls

Thoughts?