Sign in to follow this  
Khorne

[OL - FB] A Proclamation

So this was it: Oléon was going to war over Terraversa. Not long after the debacle with the Lotii, the blue coated servants of the King were sent to yet another island to die. The working class bleeds while the aristocracy fills its pockets. The King's declaration of war spread through Oléon like a wildfire. Not standing for this single-sided decision, the clandestine printing presses of the Heraclists worked overtime to print their thoughts on the matter and inform the people. Its members scurried to quickly put up the posters all over the cities where there was a loyal base. They would let their voice be heard.

50254689133_5acef2f4d3_c.jpg

Somewhere in the harbor district of Granoléon, Emilien himself accompanied a group of militants who were putting up posters. The quaint parade of (sloppily) uniformed men and women, wearing their trademark red shawls and waving haphazardly put together flags, quickly drew attention of bystanders. Common folk that somehow made their living in paupers' districts of the city. The underbelly that would never be able to rise up above themselves or their class.

Not one to let an opportune situation go by unused, Emilien took to stage on a crate that littered the street. Young Magnus kept a keen eye on their surroundings, clutching his knife tightly. You could never anticipate what was going to happen these days. Maybe some loyalists of the Crown would turn up and things could get violent quite fast then.

"Friends, citizens, camérades!", Emilien started to speech, "as I am sure most of you have heard: our nation is at war! The blood of Oléon's sons is once again to be shed, only to enhance the prestige of the Crown and further the wealth of the aristocracy. They claim it will bring glory and fame to our nation. LIES, I tell you. This is nothing but a glorified trade debacle! They claim it will benefit all citizens of Oléon..."

"LIES!", Emilien bellowed once more, wildly gesticulating with his arms, "Only the rich will benefit! How will young Sébastien benefit when he lies dead, face in the mud? Will costly war in far-away Terraversa put a roof over Alexandre's head?"

"How much longer do we need to take this one-sided way of politics? How much longer do we, the people, have to work, bleed and die for the greater good of those who give nothing about us? The King commands and expects to follow him as if we were naught but his dogs!"

"Our system is crooked! It is us who provide wealth and it is we who die for our country, so I say: it should be we who make the decisions! Power to the people!"

"Vive la République!", the orator ended strongly, overlooking his crowd and smiling.

"Vive la République!", cried Magnus, raising his fist in the air, accompanied by several other Heraclists and bystanders.

-----

One of the poster put up by the Society:

50257152723_fb7e08753d_c.jpg

Caption: "The King commands, the People bleed - The King gets richer, the People starve"

Spoiler

50255351231_2bb6baa4c5_c.jpg

Just a small reaction MOC to the recent news of the Terraversa affair. I couldn't pass up this opportunity to let the Society kick the shins of the Imperialists :grin:.

OOC: I applaud the preparation and planning it took Oléon leadership and participating members to launch this attack! Hopefully it will be a great succes! For Oléon!

Edited by Khorne
There was a typo in the poster, thanks Thaum for pointing out!

@Khorne

Another interesting reply to oleons invasion, I really like this and I really like the posters. Although I don't have any say over oleons decisions, as a sea rat and a free spirit I'm obviously rooting for the terraversans. 

Great moc, like usual from you. 

Count Vroski 

Very nice moc, I like these posters. Leaving aside the anti-monarchy nature of Emilien's movement, we are lucky to have someone who cares about the well-being of the oppressed people.:pir-thumb:

14 hours ago, Count Vroskri said:

@Khorne

Another interesting reply to oleons invasion, I really like this and I really like the posters. Although I don't have any say over oleons decisions, as a sea rat and a free spirit I'm obviously rooting for the terraversans. 

Great moc, like usual from you. 

Count Vroski 

Thanks! Glad you like the poster, because I did spent a proper amount of time on that :laugh:.

13 hours ago, Darnok said:

Loving it. Civil War hooray! :pir-thumb:

Not just yet, though. For now, these are still just concerned Oleon-loving citizens voicing their concerns and woes in a non-violent way :tongue:. I should really get around to actually properly formulating their base tenets, creed or demands.

13 hours ago, Legonaut said:

Is the writing on the wall for oleander monarchy?

Yes, it is just some anti-royal graffiti. There is no harm to it, is there... :devil: ?

27 minutes ago, Khorne said:

I should really get around to actually properly formulating their base tenets, creed or demands.

Yes, it is just some anti-royal graffiti. There is no harm to it, is there... :devil: ?

Is the guillotine invented in the BotBS verse already? Does somebody know of a simple Lego build? Just asking the important questions here... :pir-devil:

Great build and colourful story as always Khorne!

59 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Does somebody know of a simple Lego build?

This is one I've been waiting for the chance to try and replicate for a while...

16609819882_84dd0db2d0_w.jpg

Guillotine by Dario Đipić

A fascinating build and as I said earlier I really like the posters and graffiti! Now let's call the Internal Affairs department and get on with it :pir-vader: :pir_tong2:

That King's "engraving"/scetch is really really really well made too!

8 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Great build and colourful story as always Khorne!

This is one I've been waiting for the chance to try and replicate for a while...

Guillotine by Dario Đipić

That's a nice version. It does look a bit too tall or wide?

*saved for future reference*

7 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

A fascinating build and as I said earlier I really like the posters and graffiti! Now let's call the Internal Affairs department and get on with it :pir-vader: :pir_tong2:

That King's "engraving"/scetch is really really really well made too!

Thanks! One of these days, I'll build a reaction MOC from the opposing side, I swear :grin:.

57 minutes ago, Khorne said:

One of these days, I'll build a reaction MOC from the opposing side, I swear :grin:.

I am already picturing agents in civilian clothes waiting for a subtle whistle to arrest those insurgent youngsters that took a wrong turn in their lives.

And no, no guillotine is needed. We are magnanimous to our youngsters.

Edited by blackdeathgr

Great MOC, and I love the art and story that accompanies it.

On 8/23/2020 at 9:07 PM, Darnok said:

Just on a historical sidenote: a possible response like in a certain other proclamation was made today 245 years ago. Is Oleon heading down the same road? :innocent:

Neat! That's an interesting coincidence :laugh:.

12 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Great MOC, and I love the art and story that accompanies it.

Thanks, Mesabi!

On 8/23/2020 at 5:15 AM, Darnok said:

Is the guillotine invented in the BotBS verse already? Does somebody know of a simple Lego build? Just asking the important questions here... :pir-devil:

image.png.dbf2c4c9fffd3f426d7008932ad1096e.pngVery much so one even found it's way to Charlatan Bay!

@Khorne

The build was perfect the rundown look of not just the walls but the figs! The posters as always put it over the top ... The story was well thought and pulled you into the scene without being too drawn out.

Vive la République!

On 9/8/2020 at 7:20 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Very much so one even found it's way to Charlatan Bay!

@Khorne

The build was perfect the rundown look of not just the walls but the figs! The posters as always put it over the top ... The story was well thought and pulled you into the scene without being too drawn out.

Vive la République!

Nice guillotine and overall scene, Roadmonkey! The Charlatan Bay storyline was a good one.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you liked it.

On 9/10/2020 at 2:41 PM, Khorne said:

Nice guillotine and overall scene, Roadmonkey! The Charlatan Bay storyline was a good one.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you liked it.

Thanks I built it to be compatible with the brick warriors part as I wanted a functional repeating scene ... It never worked out but the design of the static model was good lol

Impressive and meaningful photo and a good story. The poster is great it tells the whole story.

Always love it when you give us another look at the Societé - and this vig is the perfect way to show the reason why!  The crates and mottled wall match perfectly with the drab uniforms and red scarfs of the Heraclists, and the graffiti and posters on the wall (as well as the others!) are spot-on too!  Excellent work as always, mate! :pir-sweet: